2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Ralph Sizzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang 5.0 LX HB -- 2022 Mach 1 HP FJG Elite
that'll buff out with a paint pen. I'd be curious to see what other artifacts show up curtesy of the cross-country travels. At worst the other guy's insurance will pay for a whole new bumper or a respray.
I hope it turns out to be that simple.

I'm actually having it shipped in an enclosed trailer to avoid the elements. Thats why its taking longer to find a driver.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
1985 Renault Turbo Fuego
Bumper covers are fixable

If the circled part is the only damage, then you could get a quote from a detailer or body shop you trust who doesn't mind a tiny job, and contact the person who hit it for reimbursement. It would be ideal to avoid insurance if you can (no need for this to show up on a carfax) for such a small thing. If the person who caused the damage is honest they will gladly pay for such a small repair.

Or you could put on some touch up paint or Dr. Colorchip and walk away.

I have had many cars damaged including new ones on the drive home. It sucks at first, but it's small and you get over it. I feel your pain, but for something like this you should be able to make it look close to new for only a small effort or cost (assuming we're just talking about the spot in the circle).

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
My order has been delayed yet again. I hate being stuck in this purgatory and have been beyond patient. It was built since mid October and two delivery windows have passed. Just looking to vent at this point; my options are to continue waiting or just give up at this last stage. Itā€˜s not worth this aggravation.
Believe me, it's worth the aggravation. The end game, while exasperating, promises great things down the road.

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
So I signed my paperwork about 2 weeks ago and my car is waiting for pick up to be shipped. I purchased from Granger Ford and got a great deal.

It was supposed to be picked up last Saturday, but the driver canceled and didn't tell anyone. I found out Tuesday when the dealer emailed me wondering about when the car was going to be picked up. Because of the holiday, it wasn't possible to find anyone that could do the delivery until this week.

Apparently, yesterday someone backed up into my car damaging the front bumper and grill. šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬! Not an employee but a customer. Needless to say, I am freaking furious. Is this my fault?

Iā€™ll get to the point, how much should I be concerned about ā€œdiminished valueā€ to my car? Will this end up on my title?

The guy does have insurance and they have already contacted me (GEICO). The car will be picked up Wednesday morning and will be coming to Los Angeles. Any info/advice will be greatly appreciated!

This is the picture they sent from Granger. I added the red circle/arrows

0E827459-7831-487A-9573-DF6C2D946C38.jpeg
Hey Ralph, I'm sorry this has happened to you. Had that driver picked up the car when he was supposed to none of this would have happened. It doesn't look too bad. Seems like you can touch it up or take it to a body shop and have them do the repair. Should not cost too much and the person that backed up into your car should cover the costs.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
I will say i got frustrated a few times and fretted over the weather to get my car home, but it was very much worth the wait. This car is surprisingly good. Excellent even. After some chassis work and maybe some springs, and about 50 more hp, this thing is going to be a beast.

Sponsored

mustangman02232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger, 1990 Ford F-350, 1997 kenworth
bicycle or Kenworth?
w9, which also has a lighter pedal then the spec clutch was, I know the hydros on the new ones are a lot easier on the knee, but damn that pedal made me despise that car in the end. Also, Iā€™ve accepted that the realistic amount of track time and the amount of street time are no where near where my mind thinks it will be. Guess Iā€™m just getting old

Last edited:

TNSilverfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Iconic Silver
Just ordered with Granger yesterday. Iconic silver, 700A, leather Recaros, 10 speed, Elite package, red calipers.

Planning Hellion twin turbo kit. Going to run Street Car takeover and NMRA next year. Should be fun.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered with Granger yesterday. Iconic silver, 700A, leather Recaros, 10 speed, Elite package, red calipers.

Planning Hellion twin turbo kit. Going to run Street Car takeover and NMRA next year. Should be fun.
that sounds awesome! Please do a build thread when it happens

R N M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru BRZ, 2013 BMW 535i
So apparently Iā€™m one of the few unlucky people that is stuck waiting for the car to be shipped!

My Mach1 was finally built on 10/25.
It has now been delayed shipping 2 times:
1. Your vehicleā€™s previous estimated delivery range of November 5, 2022, and November 11, 2022, has been updated to between November 19, 2022, and November 25, 2022
2. Your vehicleā€™s previous estimated delivery range of November 19, 2022, and November 25, 2022, has been updated to between December 10, 2022, and December 16, 2022.

This is just ridiculous - besides the wait, Iā€™m concerned the paint on the car and other damage caused by the elements, workers etc with this thing sitting for almost 2 months outsideā€¦..I may have to walk away.

Does anyone know why certain cars are delayed?

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
So apparently Iā€™m one of the few unlucky people that is stuck waiting for the car to be shipped!

1. Your vehicleā€™s previous estimated delivery range of November 5, 2022, and November 11, 2022, has been updated to between November 19, 2022, and November 25, 2022
2. Your vehicleā€™s previous estimated delivery range of November 19, 2022, and November 25, 2022, has been updated to between December 10, 2022, and December 16, 2022.

This is just ridiculous - besides the wait, Iā€™m concerned the paint on the car and other damage caused by the elements, workers etc with this thing sitting for almost 2 months outsideā€¦..I may have to walk away.

Choo Choo constipation. Railroads aren't shipping til the train is full. Hang in there. Don't let them wash the car when it gets to the dealer. Have the paint checked for rail yard fallout and use an iron remover as needed.

It is worth the wait!

Sponsored

Mrs. ITLRUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some Fords and a Bimmer

Cool! What class are you planning to run at NMRA? True Street? Or you going full blown race car? šŸ˜Ž

Mrs. ITLRUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some Fords and a Bimmer
Random question, and Iā€™m sure itā€™s discussed elsewhere because I know Iā€™m not the only one, but I havenā€™t seen it in this threadā€¦

My HP car was built early October but sat in Kansas City over a month waiting on transport to Granger. It has now arrived at the dealership (yay!) but... What about the Cup 2 tires having sat out in the weather for almost 2 months? Itā€™s currently 17Ā° in Granger. Shouldnā€™t I be concerned about tires cracking?

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
Random question, and Iā€™m sure itā€™s discussed elsewhere because I know Iā€™m not the only one, but I havenā€™t seen it in this threadā€¦

My HP car was built early October but sat in Kansas City over a month waiting on transport to Granger. It has now arrived at the dealership (yay!) but... What about the Cup 2 tires having sat out in the weather for almost 2 months? Itā€™s currently 17Ā° in Granger. Shouldnā€™t I be concerned about tires cracking?
are you driving it or having it trailered?

shouldn't be an issue with just sitting in the cold, but you do want to let the tires gradually rewarm up and sit at 60+ degrees for 24-48 hours

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car

Yep, mine took 6 weeks to get to the dealer and was covered in tiny rust spots when it arrived. The dealer washed the car, but did a terrible job prepping it. I was going to clay bar, but someone here recommended iron remover which worked really well.

An 8 hour day, washing, iron remover, more washing, and wax/polishing and it looked like a new car should.

Donā€™t worry too much about the rail yard fall out, easily fixable. As long as no physical damage itā€™ll be all good.

Hang in there, hope it gets to you soon.
Sponsored