2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
Should have arrived at the dealers parts department in a separate box. They should have installed them. They are called front wheel lip moldings.
I suspected that. Thank you, on it.
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
Gurney flap in trunk. Is the front splitter on?
Yep….the splitter was a whole deal. Told them to leave the gurney flap in the trunk, they installed it. (No big deal) Salesman thought I meant splitter, which they had already installed, so they removed it.
After some discussion they put the splitter back on, but installed it wrong. They just riveted on over the bolts.

When I got the car home, noticed splitter didn’t seem quite as solid as it should be. Once I figured out the problem, popped the plastic rivets, pulled the bolts, installed them correctly though the splitter and ordered replacement plastic rivets. (Could have taken it back to the dealer and made them do it, but had it done in about an hour in the driveway, and knew it was correct.)

Even with some missing plastic rivets it’s rock solid, but I’ll pop in the missing rivets when the replacements arrive later this week.

They didn’t install the license plate bracket, which was a big deal to me, and they put on the locking lugs, left the spare lugs and the key in the glove box, and retained the shipping blocks all per my request.

There was some minor fall out on the trunk lid from transport, but I prefer to detail my own car anyway, so I let that pass. (Already planning on hitting it later this week with a synthetic clay bar, to remove cheap factory /dealership wax, and detailing with the products I like to use.)

The missing wheel lips are not a big deal, I’ll track them down and install myself. Looks like pins and double sided tape, no big deal.

Overall I’d give the dealer prep a C-. Nothing fatal or unfixable, car didn’t get damaged, etc, but certainly not what you want from a 67k car.

TrackMeisterWannabe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w/HP
Yep….the splitter was a whole deal. Told them to leave the gurney flap in the trunk, they installed it. (No big deal) Salesman thought I meant splitter, which they had already installed, so they removed it.
After some discussion they put the splitter back on, but installed it wrong. They just riveted on over the bolts.

When I got the car home, noticed splitter didn’t seem quite as solid as it should be. Once I figured out the problem, popped the plastic rivets, pulled the bolts, installed them correctly though the splitter and ordered replacement plastic rivets. (Could have taken it back to the dealer and made them do it, but had it done in about an hour in the driveway, and knew it was correct.)

Even with some missing plastic rivets it’s rock solid, but I’ll pop in the missing rivets when the replacements arrive later this week.

They didn’t install the license plate bracket, which was a big deal to me, and they put on the locking lugs, left the spare lugs and the key in the glove box, and retained the shipping blocks all per my request.

There was some minor fall out on the trunk lid from transport, but I prefer to detail my own car anyway, so I let that pass. (Already planning on hitting it later this week with a synthetic clay bar, to remove cheap factory /dealership wax, and detailing with the products I like to use.)

The missing wheel lips are not a big deal, I’ll track them down and install myself. Looks like pins and double sided tape, no big deal.

Overall I’d give the dealer prep a C-. Nothing fatal or unfixable, car didn’t get damaged, etc, but certainly not what you want from a 67k car.
If you have fallout you might want to do some research here on using some of the iron removal products before you clay bar it.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Looks like the wait is almost over , dealer said i can pick it up tomorrow , just got insurance so im wondering if il be able to sleep tonight
I hope yours has actually shipped! My estimate to Granger has come and gone. As of Sat it was still in a railyard in Michigan

Mrs. ITLRUN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some Fords and a Bimmer
I’m stuck in Kansas City purgatory waiting on a convoy driver. Been there since 10/24. I cry. I had decided to just drive up (Georgia to Granger) and trailer it back, but I’m running out of available days to go get it. Might have to find a transport after all. Could this be any more of a First World Problem?

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Coat the floor, you will not regret it, and the Mach deserves to rest on a coated floor:like:
So I went ahead and did it.
Supposedly I'm able to park on it after only 24 hours, but they said 72 to be safe.
Killing me the Mach's getting covered in leaves outside!
20221102_081701.jpg

20221103_161552.jpg

Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
So I went ahead and did it.
Supposedly I'm able to park on it after only 24 hours, but they said 72 to be safe.
Killing me the Mach's getting covered in leaves outside!
20221102_081701.jpg

20221103_161552.jpg
Looks great!! Money well spent.

Warpig910

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT CS (Sold) 2010 GT (Sold)
I hope yours has actually shipped! My estimate to Granger has come and gone. As of Sat it was still in a railyard in Michigan
Mines been built since Sept 29th. Still in Michigan with yours is sounds like. Had to sign for my loan last week to avoid losing the interest rate. Hopefully is makes it here soon!

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
My M1 made to Kansas City, MO on Oct 31st after sitting in Melvindale for 2 weeks. Expected delivery to Granger is Nov 5th - 11th. Hopefully there's enough of us waiting for a Convoy now in Kansas City that they'll get us to Granger soon. I can't wait to get my car.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
If you have fallout you might want to do some research here on using some of the iron removal products before you clay bar it.
An iron remover did the trick……entire trunk, roof, and hood were speckled in tiny rust spots. Gone now.

Took a wash, Iron remover, another wash, and a little bit of clay bar work on one stubborn spot, plus a third wash. Finally actually clean, and waxed. Paint feels like glass now.

Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored