2022 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Granger arrival email received 9/28.
Granger How You Gonna Pay Email 10/2. :)

Sat at the rail yard four weeks I think.

Anyone seen my wallet!??!
and pick up attempt ONE was cancelled by Montway. currently pending....so much for having a quick turn around on that delivery. i cant really get away until after next weekend so i am still hoping it works out to arrive before then.

#stillwaiting
#alwayswaiting
#foreverwaiting

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Mine is stuck in some sort of purgatory. Was supposed to blend yesterday. It has been showing body shop status for Ford Performance since last Friday. Annoying….

My VIN is 102 after yours. Should have blended yesterday. Ugh.

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
Was hoping to see some change today, FP told me tuesday it was finished and should be at my dealer by oct 11 however tracker is still saying in production

Sponsored

quickDraw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1
WARNING: Very long post...

Now that my car's BCE modules are showing in the app tracker, I was hunting around the web for some info about it so I could learn more about the PCM (Power Control Module) and BCE (Body Control Electronics) modules. I came across the info below on a Ford 150 Lightning forum and decided to share it here because I haven't seen anything like this in the Mach 1 forums I follow. The info below helps to decipher your window sticker and track your car. Anyway, I thought it was informative. Some of you may already know all this stuff but if you don't keep reading if you want to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion Starter · #34 · May 1, 2022

Some additional updates from another Lightning site:

This post is meant to give a thorough understanding of how the build process works and what all these terms mean, for those of you asking. First thing you have to understand, this is not like ordering something off Amazon. There are tools and trackers, but they are often way off on their estimated times, or come in long after the vehicle has actually been built or shipped. Here are links to all the various trackers etc.

This Thread is meant more to be a Primer on ways to Locate and Track your Order and less a place to discuss and comment.

Please post any corrections or edits.

Normally, you would Log In to your Ford.Com Account and Reservations/Orders Tab but some Dealer Orders will not show up and you may have to use an Alternate Route.

Lightning Order Status (Back Door) Log In Required - Use Reservation #
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=10843XXX

where"XXXXXXXX" = your Reservation#

If Ford is about to, or has, given you a VIN you will find it by a simple hack:

In your Browser, on the above page, CTRL-SHIFT-I, and then RELOAD. After it loads all the Coding, type "VIN" in the Code Search Box upper left corner and your VIN should be in the second line of Coding that comes up. Look for Yellow Shading.

Lightning Order Confirmation - Use VIN#
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=1FT6W1EV6NWG0XXXX

where"XXXX" = last four digits of your VIN #

Ford Vehicle Order Tracking - Use VIN# and Dealer Order#
https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking/status/?vin=1FT6W1EV6NWG0XXXX

where"XXXX" = last four digits of your VIN #

Window Sticker - Sticker Issued 2-3 Weeks Before Production
https://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=

type in your VIN# after the "="

Window Sticker Example Decoded (For a Mustang in this case)
window-sticker-mustang-jpg.jpg

BLEND DATE
You should get your window sticker about a week before your "blend" date. Blend is the point where the chassis and body meet on the assembly line to go through final assembly. The work on the body and chassis has already begun a few shifts before this date. The blend above shows "2021/10/14" This is scheduled to go down final assembly on 10/14.

PLACE IN LINE
This shows it is the 496th out of 881 scheduled units to begin the final assembly process on 10/14. This number has become bigger recently, due to orders processing in larger batches. This number is not always a daily or weekly total, it had been a daily total for a few months due to production orders sent for processing in a daily batch. Recently they have been sent in larger 3/4 day batches, so this number could more or less weekly.

ROTATION #
Number next to blend date is the rotation number. This is the main number production workers pay attention to. It is the master sequencing number. 4015 will blend after 4014. 496/881 is a scheduled target, but they may be a bit behind or ahead for the day/week. Rotation number will roll back to 0001 after 9999.

PROCESS
So today is your blend date, now what. You wait! The final assembly process takes more than a shift to complete, lets say 1.5 shifts to get from blend through final QC. If your rotation number comes up on end of first shift or during second shift, you will not be complete until the next day.

Once your build is complete, the Ford system may send you a build email, but its not that simple. Some people get them quick, some are delayed days. If your Lightning has to go to the Mod shop for a bed spray, etc., that will delay your build notification. If your Lightning is selected for random extra Quality checks it is another delay. If quality checks find an issue that needs to be addressed, that could be a lengthy delay. Then there is just the plain fact the Ford system isn't great and some people never get a built email.

MODULES
Motorcraft Build Data - Use VIN# - Will Show BCE Codes Populated After Build
https://www.motorcraftservice.com/AsBuilt

PCM = Powertrain Control Module; BCE = Body Control Electronics

While we sit and wait wondering if our Lightning has been built yet, we can check if our "modules have popped". Ford has an online as built service site that shows your BCE modules. If your VIN starts showing something, it means your computers are "alive" and your Lightning has, or mostly, has been built.

Modules have been taking longer than before to populate. This use to happen within hours of being built, there is current evidence this system now has some lag and can take a couple days to populate. It is still useful to verify the Lightning has been produced, especially if you have a delayed Build email due to QA issue etc.

SHIPPING
Now our Lightning is built, next we wait for shipping. There are two ways units leave the factory, by Rail or by Convoy (18 wheeler car hauler). Your window sticker will show which way your Lightning leaves.

Generally, Convoy is within a few states of Michigan, Rail is the rest of the country. Your Lightning can leave the shipping yard quick, or it can sit there a while. It seems lately Convoy is sitting a bit, there are trucker shortages really hurting the industry. Rail will ship to a regional rail yard, and sit there until there is a Convoy full to send to your dealer or region.

Once your Lightning ships you may get another email from Ford notifying you with delivery estimates. These estimates can be way off sometimes, your dealer should be able to tell you how long shipping usually takes to them.

BY CONVOY
https://palsapp.com - Your Dealer Will Need to Log In (Most of us are Locked Out)

But There is a Hack (Thanks to GoGoGadgetTruck & Vandy1981):

To Follow Convoy:

Hacking Palsapp to allow VIN search using any Browser without Log In:

Navigate to https://palsapp.com/

CTRL-SHIFT-I (or J) to Bring Up Developer Console

Reload Webpage

Choose "Console" Menu at Top of Developer Console

At Blue Curser Paste:

Javascript:
document.getElementById("custom-search-input").parentElement.removeAttribute("hidden");

And then a VIN Search Bar will Open on the Palsapp Page.

BY RAIL
If you are going by Rail, it’s much more complicated and you will need information only your dealer can provide. Your Lightning may travel via Rail, then Convoy, then Rail again depending on your location so it gets complicated.

To track Rail you will need your dealer to give you the rail car number your Lightning is sitting in, or have them track it for you. Dealers have the ability to track it and see the rail car number in the Vehicle Visibility system. The rail car number should also populate on your DORA after shipping out.

First you will need the rail car letters and numbers. It is on the visibility report or DORA which is from the dealership. You MAY be able to get it from the SVT people but they seem often in a cranky mood and may tell you to get it from the dealer.

There are two major rail companies.

CSX is everything East of the Mississippi
UP is everything West of the Mississippi

But they all start out on CSX so once they have it in their system they will follow it all the way.

So, how do you track your Lightning on a railcar? This will be much easier if your dealer does it. You may have to educate him on the process!

First and most important. Never talk to live personnel at the railroad! Only use automated phone system. If it attempts to transfer you to a live person please hang up. The railcar information we are provided by is given as a courtesy and if we call live personnel we may lose the access and ability to track.

CSX
1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352
2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location.
3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt.
4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)
5. When prompted for next car say DONE.
6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific
1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123
2. Follow phone prompts for Trace
3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together
4. Listen for your update

NS Norfolk Southern
1. Call 800-635-5768
2. Press 2.
3. Press 2.
4. Enter the letters on the numeric keypad then press #. As in: TTGX will be 8849
5. Enter the numbers then press #. It wasn't taking my voice prompts but typing worked.

Good Luck To All! And Share Your Fun With All of Us Who Are Still Waiting!

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Omg finally! She is amazing good luck to all you waiting hope you get her soon it’s sooooo worth it.
A8AD921C-2DB8-4DA2-8850-750EF4432831.jpeg
5D234370-0B54-4DFC-8C5E-D9454ACC7D3E.png
B2A65A60-AE35-4726-A663-BA3E50E330E4.jpeg

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK

Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I got an email today from chapman that my order was canceled for 2022. Originally put in dec 7, 21. Unreal.
They should have asked if you want it converted to a MY23 order, as I understand that it would have recieved a higher priority code (1-10) vs a regular MY23 order.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
They should have asked if you want it converted to a MY23 order, as I understand that it would have recieved a higher priority code (1-10) vs a regular MY23 order.
They did ask about a 23. I was told I was a 10 when I ordered originally. Personally I think Chapman decided they were unhappy with the 4% under invoice they agreed to and deprioritized the order. There is no excuse for such an old non hp order to not have been scheduled. It would be interesting to poll the forum orders for the discount amount and who actually got scheduled with them. I know orders way way after mine got made.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
They did ask about a 23. I was told I was a 10 when I ordered originally. Personally I think Chapman decided they were unhappy with the 4% under invoice they agreed to and deprioritized the order. There is no excuse for such an old non hp order to not have been scheduled. It would be interesting to poll the forum orders for the discount amount and who actually got scheduled with them. I know orders way way after mine got made.
I ordered there in November last year, so I also had the 4% under invoice deal in place. I was becoming unhappy with the lack of information I was getting, so I decided to also put in an order elsewhere, and that one is at the dealer now, and I should be picking it up next week. I was 100% thinking the Chapman order was going to end up getting canceled, so I was surprised to see it actually ended up getting scheduled for the week of October 17 I believe. I’m pretty sure that’ll turn out to be close to the last MY22 that will be made, and the order being a bit earlier than yours, it makes sense I guess that yours didn’t make it. But yeah, like you said, several people with orders put in after ours got their cars a while ago, so it doesn’t make sense. It certainly seems like it doesn’t add up.

GT350 deuce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 FJG; 2020 GT350 Heritage
I got an email today from chapman that my order was canceled for 2022. Originally put in dec 7, 21. Unreal.
yup mine was cancelled too... dealer asked last week about reordering MY23 with priority 1. I hadn't told them I already picked one up - was hoping to ding them by not taking the car, since they have been anything but helpful considering I was a march 2021 order/cancel and then October 2021 reorder... but alas I just said no thanks
Sponsored