I hope I get it!
Red calipers on FJG?
Sponsored

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
I believe I saw Ford will be scheduling orders this week for the Flat Rock plant. Would it be realistic to think I should get a build date for my order placed two weeks ago this week? Would it be on a Thursday/Friday?
I ordered mine just over a fortnight ago and I think we have as much chance as anyone, if you compare it GT orders, ordered a GT in December last year and that car has had 6 build dates and still not built, where as people who have ordered in February are already built, so there is no reason why it can’t happen, just need a bit of luck 😀

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT

Sponsored

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
This week is kind of make or break for a lot of people i think. My gut feeling says most of us who ordered by February will get scheduled this week, but it is Ford after all, so who knows for sure?

What I do know is that I'm going to can my order if it's not scheduled for June production. I'm willing to wait a little while, but over 6 months is too much for me, especially with the uncertainty in the markets right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the S550 Mustangs but I want something more premium and fun for summer and fall months than my old V6. I'm not going the entire summer without a fun car and have used car prices possibly shit the bed on me because Ford can't get their act together.

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Not likely, but as others indicated it can be crazy. Chip and parts shortages, with a lack of any insight into how the ultimate determinations are made equals a lot of understandable frustrations. Yes, scheduling process this week for June builds with notifications Thursday or Friday. My EB order placed 2/28, so am hopeful. 🤞🤞🤞
Two weeks since your order — I’d guess that you’ll realistically get scheduled August or September. Keep in mind Flatrock is down first half of July for vacations. But, anything can happen!
I believe I saw Ford will be scheduling orders this week for the Flat Rock plant. Would it be realistic to think I should get a build date for my order placed two weeks ago this week? Would it be on a Thursday/Friday?

Last edited:

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 86 SVO, 24 S5, 74 MGB GT

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm going to be honest. The chances of your order being cancelled is far greater than you getting a build date after just 2 weeks of waiting. The current wait time for a build date is 6 months+ and thats for people with "10" priority. Not even Ecoboosts are going that fast.

LikeMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I ordered mine just over a fortnight ago and I think we have as much chance as anyone, if you compare it GT orders, ordered a GT in December last year and that car has had 6 build dates and still not built, where as people who have ordered in February are already built, so there is no reason why it can’t happen, just need a bit of luck 😀
Has nothing to do with "luck" its already been described a while back as to how orders get built and the original design has dealerships and shareholders in mind and not retail orders. So 1st filter is can the car be built as optioned, 2nd filter is what can be fastest produced, 3rd filter is which dealers haven't received any allocations, 4th filter what is the priority numbers, 5th filter what day was the order placed, etc. From what I've been told by my dealer there is just something wrong with the Mach 1 and GT500 parts wise, this thread has been unable to identify what it is. The only way he receives a build date is if he is optioned in a way that nobody else is where others cant be built but his can which is unlikely as the order bank gets larger with size.

Sponsored

BGTCLE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green 6MT
This week is kind of make or break for a lot of people i think. My gut feeling says most of us who ordered by February will get scheduled this week, but it is Ford after all, so who knows for sure?

What I do know is that I'm going to can my order if it's not scheduled for June production. I'm willing to wait a little while, but over 6 months is too much for me, especially with the uncertainty in the markets right now.

Don't get me wrong, I love the S550 Mustangs but I want something more premium and fun for summer and fall months than my old V6. I'm not going the entire summer without a fun car and have used car prices possibly shit the bed on me because Ford can't get their act together.
This week is make or break for me. If I get scheduled early June I guess I'll take it. If I can't expect to see my car until September, I'm out. I live in northern Montana, so September might as well be May 2023.

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
This week is make or break for me. If I get scheduled early June I guess I'll take it. If I can't expect to see my car until September, I'm out. I live in northern Montana, so September might as well be May 2023.
Yeah, I'm going to be weighing my options with some other manufacturers if I can't get the Mach 1 to work out. It'll likely either be a new M240i in midnight purple (if i can get past the looks...), a yellow Supra, or a GR86 that I'll upgrade the interior in, slap a supercharger on, and call it a day. Thought about looking at some AMG stuff too but those are a little pricier for the cool engines.

BGTCLE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2022 Mach 1 Eruption Green 6MT
Yeah, I'm going to be weighing my options with some other manufacturers if I can't get the Mach 1 to work out. It'll likely either be a new M240i in midnight purple (if i can get past the looks...), a yellow Supra, or a GR86 that I'll upgrade the interior in, slap a supercharger on, and call it a day. Thought about looking at some AMG stuff too but those are a little pricier for the cool engines.
Lots of great options out there. I just might wait a little bit anyways, the Jeep gets more use up here in the mountains already.

The Jeep would have been a Bronco, but you know the story there.

Pretty sad that a customer is willing to put two Ford ponies in the garage but can't do it. Meanwhile dealers have them on lots with 30k markups.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
remind me if FORD is still sending out scheduled dates? i think they changed it to waiting for the exact build date to be known. or something like that. will folks even get a mail about their Stang being scheduled, if indeed scheduling goes down this Thur/Fri. ?

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Lots of great options out there. I just might wait a little bit anyways, the Jeep gets more use up here in the mountains already.

The Jeep would have been a Bronco, but you know the story there.

Pretty sad that a customer is willing to put two Ford ponies in the garage but can't do it. Meanwhile dealers have them on lots with 30k markups.
Yep, sounds like me with a GT500 and Bronco. Frustrated, I'm keeping the Mustang I have and hardly use and seriously pondering ordering a loaded 2-door Rubicon since A) I can get it well under sticker, and B) I can get it in a reasonable timeframe (or at all). Ford needs to get its shit together.
Sponsored