You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I knew a GT500 was coming. So when I sold my GT350 to a dealer in MO, I stated one caveat as part of the deal - that I would be promised the dealer's first GT500 allocation and that it would be for msrp. The dealer agreed after making it clear that no GT500 had been announced and that it may never happen.

This was in November of 2017.

When the car was announced they contacted me, saying the moment the order banks were opened they would get my order in. Everything worked out, including paying msrp, and the chassis number on my '20 is 251.

Glad I jumped on the train before there was a train.
You sir are the 1% I was referring to :sunglasses:

Not to be confused with the other 1%, as commonly referred to in my professionā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

6F5A25B9-D296-4C25-AA34-EE88955EC7CE.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020iconic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F150 Roush
Ordered my ā€˜20 at a local ford place and was able to order at MSRP but was trading in my Z06 with only 3300 miles. And they really wanted the Z06(sold in less than a week)

But when i was shopping for a ā€˜21 I ended up having to pay $4k over MSRP for my CFTP. I do have a MSRP deal on a ā€˜22 if i decided to sell the CFTP. But i think i will just keep what i have now i have added the back seat in the ā€˜21

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I bought my GT500 at MSRP last week. They also have a Red CFTP coming in soon that's being sold at MSRP.

I find a little joy in ragging on Dealers on FB posting in the GT500 FB pages selling with 10-20k ADM. I can see $5k on GT500's and HP Mach1's but anything past that is ridiculous. I bought my Shelby at Myers Ford in Elkton, Virginia.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
That CFTP at msrp is gonna go fast...

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

Hi Mustang6g members,

I am planning to purse a 2022 GT500 and they are probably a few Ford dealership offering a GT500 at MSRP.

Anyone that has already purchased a GT500 at MSRP please send me a PM with the dealership name.

I really appreciate your assistance as a fellow GT500 owner and would potentially save me time and $$$.

Many Many Thanks for any assistance you can provide !
Thereā€™s a Ford dealership in Iowa that attempted to sell me a new 2020 velocity blue GT500 at MSRP back in January of this year. The name of the dealership is Krieger Ford Lincoln. They are located in Muscatine, Iowa. They have a 2021 Rapid Red GT500 with over the top white stripes for sale with an MSRP of 78,895. You may want to check them out. I bought a different new GT500 from a different dealership because it had better options for me.

OP
OP
morjo02

morjo02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby
Thereā€™s a Ford dealership in Iowa that attempted to sell me a new 2020 velocity blue GT500 at MSRP back in January of this year. The name of the dealership is Krieger Ford Lincoln. They are located in Muscatine, Iowa. They have a 2021 Rapid Red GT500 with over the top white stripes for sale with an MSRP of 78,895. You may want to check them out. I bought a different new GT500 from a different dealership because it had better options for me.
they are asking $10K over

JeremyPro5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 & 2018 GT350R
I paid MSRP. No BS.
Issue is I had to pay a lawyer over$10K to sue Ford and the a dealer when 6 months after I gave them 100% of the cash, they then told me I could t have a CFTP.
Long story but most dealers and Ford Area Sales Reps are true idiots and are either inept, lazy, stupid or all of the above.
Luckily the lawyers can actually be beneficial when you have contracts, a cancelled check and emails that support a position.
Ford legal wanted no dog in that fight and told them just build his car.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
My aunt also bought a new 2020 at MSRP with the same basic options I am getting. They are out there but they'll probably be at smaller dealers with them coming in already.

A few weeks ago, I did have an offer from a local dealer but it had to come with the CFTP. That's too much blood from this turnip. 80k is crazy enough but I couldn't imagine spending 100k+ for a MooStang. I'd rather buy an almost finished RestoMod and a double cheeseburger first. ..but that's just me. I don't begrudge any one for seeing the value.
I want to meet your aunt. Is she single?

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

they are asking $10K over
Oh well. The only other thing that I can suggest is waiting until January to get a new 2021. I searched for several months contacting every dealership from Indiana to Nebraska that had a GT500 listed for sale. There were no new 2020 GT500s being sold at MSRP that I could find until January of 2021 rolled along. Then in January of this year I found 4 new 2020s that were being sold at MSRP. One dealership in Iowa whoā€™s name eludes me, had an iconic silver GT500 listed for $2000 under MSRP. Didnā€™t go with them because they low balled me on my trade in plus Iā€™m not a fan of iconic silver.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
They (Dealers) have created such an overinflated market for these cars and "the people" that have paid over for them. (me being one of them šŸ˜Š) - that being: said most if not all dealers realize that the consumer if having the opportunity to buy at MSRP can turn around and sell for $5, $10, or $15K over therefore- they would be STUPID to sell at MSRP or under.

These are not dime a dozen every year builds anyone can order like Camaro's and Corvettes over and over and over - (not that those are easy to find during these challenging times) but in years past Corvettes and Camaro's are "Yawn" vehicles. The GT500 is a limited run couple to three year build and then gone. Actually, I believe 2022 will be the last for this run but I'm not 100% on that.

If you try an order a 2022 now you can't: - because the order banks aren't open. I'm not sure when they open November is what I was told - and I was also told if you order in November you will BE LUCKY to see your 2022 next November.

Therefore, I searched and found exactly what I was looking for locally (hard to believe) but I did, all the options and color I would have spec'ed out so I bought it. actually the GM of the dealership I was going to order the 22 from was frank and honest and when I told him I found one on the ground he said "Buy it" he said he's not sure Ford is even going to build out the 22's - they ultimately may cancel the year, his words not mine.

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
The other thing you need to be concerned about is this: "Oh we never charge over MSRP" but here is the list of accessories you will have to pay for that is NON NEGOTIABLE - if you think these people are friends, head straight to your nearest Mental Health Clinic for Meds...

PPF - $2500
Lojack - $1900
window tint - $1000
Maintenance program (oil changes) - $2000

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
I paid 3k over in Conroe Texas. Base model, CF dash, side/over the top stripes, & technology package. I called around to about 30 dealerships and 3k was the best I was going to getā€¦ I was able to order it just how I wanted so that was nice.
Did you buy it at Gullo Ford? How long ago was it?

I live in the area, but have not called them as they look like they are going out of business due to their lack of cars.

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
GT 350 owner here, but I took my neighbor for a ride who owns a couple of Saleen Mustangs, and he was blown away at the performance. So now he wants to unload the Saleenā€˜s, and get a GT500. So the question is, is there a spreadsheet like there are for the 350s that shows which dealerships will have allocation? Thatā€™s how I found my car, using that spreadsheet. Would like to help him out if I can.
Sponsored