Sponsored

2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Sorry for the bump, but I have a question now that we've all taken delivery I think (though there's probably a better place to ask)...

Is anyone else he from Texas that ordered from an out-of-state dealer (maybe Granger or Chapman)? Did the dealer register the car for you and you eventually got your tags and plates in the mail?

I ordered from Chapman, and they said they sent the necessary paperwork in to the TXDMV to register the car, and I believe them, but I feel like there's gotta be another step or two I have to take myself to get my plates and registration sticker. Is that not the case? Is it just a waiting game at this point?

Thanks in advance for the tips...

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the bump, but I have a question now that we've all taken delivery I think (though there's probably a better place to ask)...

Is anyone else he from Texas that ordered from an out-of-state dealer (maybe Granger or Chapman)? Did the dealer register the car for you and you eventually got your tags and plates in the mail?

I ordered from Chapman, and they said they sent the necessary paperwork in to the TXDMV to register the car, and I believe them, but I feel like there's gotta be another step or two I have to take myself to get my plates and registration sticker. Is that not the case? Is it just a waiting game at this point?

I bought my other vehicle at Chapman 2 years ago (as well as the ordered 22 Mach1) - they handled everything to register and the plates were sent to me directly from NJ MVC. Hope that helps a little. It was two years ago but

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558

I just got my Chapmann car and they gave me a temp tag and I will do all my own title , tax (I had no loan) and tags. Easy. you just pay for the car (unless you have a loan).

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium

I picked up from Chapman on 01/14, I still do not have my tags. They said they would handle it and that out of state and transfers in general were taking awhile

Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I picked up from Chapman on 01/14, I still do not have my tags. They said they would handle it and that out of state and transfers in general were taking awhile
I had this experience with my last out of state used car purchase. Not Chapman. Had to pay for and get my own 30 day temp tag. Had to follow up with the dealer numerous times. Took forever.

Last edited:

kglonghorn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, 2021 Mach 1
Bought from Granger and went to the TX tax office with title from Iowa DOT & sales receipt from Granger. Paid my TX TT&L and got my plates and registration.

Techapma

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1, HP, FJG, M6

I live in Texas, and got my Mach1 at Granger.

They did not register it for me due to the fact they are not a dealer registered in Texas. Instead, they provided an in transit tag for the vehicle and overnighted me the temporary title after they had it from IA.

I had to get the car inspected in TX.

Once the temporary title arrived, I had to take it along with ID, proof of insurance, bill of sale and the inspection record to register the car and pay the sales tax.

That can be done at the county tax office or a private title company. Personally, I chose to go to the private title office because it is so much faster. Well worth the $20 fee they charge.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, thanks for all the replies, guys. Seems like everyone has had some very different experiences... It made sense to me that Chapman was able to apply on my behalf as they have all the necessary info (I sent them a copy of the inspection and proof of insurance). I'm just hoping that's all I need to do.

There seems to be a contradiction between what @RocketGuy3 and @cerbomark experienced and both are in Texas ???
Maybe I'm misreading something, but his profile seems to say he lives in upstate NY. The other difference may be that he paid up front, but I took out a loan.

Sponsored

OutWest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Old Person Special Mach 1
Wow, thanks for all the replies, guys. Seems like everyone has had some very different experiences... It made sense to me that Chapman was able to apply on my behalf as they have all the necessary info (I sent them a copy of the inspection and proof of insurance). I'm just hoping that's all I need to do.

Maybe I'm misreading something, but his profile seems to say he lives in upstate NY. The other difference may be that he paid up front, but I took out a loan.
I believe @Techapma ’s reply is correct for purchases in Iowa. Like @Techapma ’s experience, purchases by California residents from Granger only need to pay the temporary title and permit. Not sure how Pennsylvania (in this case Chapman) treats out of state purchases. From your experience, looks like Chapman does all the paperwork for you. I can see now why Chapman’s doc fees are higher than Granger. Maybe that is what is required by Pennsylvania in order to avoid paying PA taxes?

Last edited:

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I believe @Techapma ’s reply is correct for purchases in Iowa. Like @Techapma ’s experience, purchases by California residents from Granger only need to pay the temporary title and permit. Not sure how Pennsylvania (in this case Chapman) treats out of state purchases. From your experience, looks like Chapman does all the paperwork for you. I can see now why Chapman’s doc fees are higher than Granger. Maybe that is what is required by Pennsylvania in order to avoid paying PA taxes?
Yeah, that could make some sense, though in that case, seems strange that cerbomark avoided having them do this paperwork.

Fingers crossed that I get my plates and tag soon. I can't stop joyriding this car, but it's starting to feel a bit uneasy having that "CHAPMAN" dealer plate, not even temp plates. And I just got a ceramic tint installed, so I REALLY don't want to get pulled over and have to roll my windows down lol.

Codeblue009

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Steeda FJG Mach 1 Handling Package - 6 Speed
Yeah, that could make some sense, though in that case, seems strange that cerbomark avoided having them do this paperwork.

Fingers crossed that I get my plates and tag soon. I can't stop joyriding this car, but it's starting to feel a bit uneasy having that "CHAPMAN" dealer plate, not even temp plates. And I just got a ceramic tint installed, so I REALLY don't want to get pulled over and have to roll my windows down lol.
Then don't drive in Fort Bend and you should be good. :-)

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558

maybe cause I had no loan???

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe cause I had no loan???
Right, but your car still needs to be registered, with or without a loan. If Ford had dedicated procedures for registering cars in every state that they wanted dealers to follow, you wouldn't think whether there was a loan would matter, and it would apply to every type of sale, but hell if I know.
Sponsored