Sponsored

2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

Aerodaves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (kid's)
I might aspire for that title with my order from January 26 :wink:.
Wow, just wow. Yeah you can have that title.
Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Anybody else reconsidering their Mach 1 after yesterday's bowtie release? https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2023-corvette-z06

+$20K for +190hp when comparing a base Z06 to a loaded Mach 1. 8600rpm flat plane crank 32-valve DOHC V8, 2.6 sec 0-60, 186 mph top speed. :headbang:

If you're going to wait a year for a car, should it be this one instead?
I wish I didn't dislike the design so much. It's like two different cars, between the front and the back, yet all around pretending to be a Ferrari 360 Modena.

edit: and the interior is U G L Y

-

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
+$20K for +190hp when comparing a base Z06 to a loaded Mach 1. 8600rpm flat plane crank 32-valve DOHC V8, 2.6 sec 0-60, 186 mph top speed. :headbang:
They're incomparable cars. I'd rather buy Audi R8 than Corvette 🤣

Big Joe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2006 Lincoln Town Car
Wow, just wow. Yeah you can have that title.
New here Guys, glad I found this site and realize I'm not the only person in this waiting game. My order confirmation was 6/17 and my build week has been pushed 7x where the first build week was 9/27 and the latest date is Dec 27. I ordered a velocity Blue with HP, 700a, Premium and Elite options from a dealer in Bourbonnais IL. VB is no longer available in MY22 so hoping the order is built.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Anybody else reconsidering their Mach 1 after yesterday's bowtie release? https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2023-corvette-z06

Not me. Granted I already have my Mach 1 and I’m not currently waiting for an order. But my thoughts on the zo6……..
It’s not going to be $20k more than a Mach 1. Since granger doesn’t sell chevys, it would be 30k min over what I paid assuming I could find an msrp deal. Likely it would be far higher than that and I don’t pay adm’s for cars.

the other problem I have and I know this puts me in the minority but I don’t really care for the zo6. It’s an amazing machine but I don’t look at it and think I have to buy it. I would rather have my Mach 1. Some day if I can find a c6zo6 that is super low miles and untouched I would like to have one of those. The c8z is something for guys with a lot of money to impress the cars & coffee crowd or for those that do competitive track days. I don’t fit in either of those groups. I like cars that are fun to drive and somewhat reasonable to own and maintain. The c8z goes to far into the realm of exotics that I lose interest. I’m not interested in a flat plane mid engine/dct only. Give me a cammed c6z that I have to shift myself and I wouldn’t stop smiling.
Ive never been all that attracted to exotics in general and I don’t like how they sound. This new corvette sounds weird to me. Not what a corvette should sound like :)
I’m sure they are a blast to drive and congrats to anyone that buys one but I have other toys I’d rather buy.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I wish I didn't dislike the design so much. It's like two different cars, between the front and the back, yet all around pretending to be a Ferrari 360 Modena.

edit: and the interior is U G L Y

-
Not me. Granted I already have my Mach 1 and I’m not currently waiting for an order. But my thoughts on the zo6……..
It’s not going to be $20k more than a Mach 1. Since granger doesn’t sell chevys, it would be 30k min over what I paid assuming I could find an msrp deal. Likely it would be far higher than that and I don’t pay adm’s for cars.

the other problem I have and I know this puts me in the minority but I don’t really care for the zo6. It’s an amazing machine but I don’t look at it and think I have to buy it. I would rather have my Mach 1. Some day if I can find a c6zo6 that is super low miles and untouched I would like to have one of those. The c8z is something for guys with a lot of money to impress the cars & coffee crowd or for those that do competitive track days. I don’t fit in either of those groups. I like cars that are fun to drive and somewhat reasonable to own and maintain. The c8z goes to far into the realm of exotics that I lose interest. I’m not interested in a flat plane mid engine/dct only. Give me a cammed c6z that I have to shift myself and I wouldn’t stop smiling.
Ive never been all that attracted to exotics in general and I don’t like how they sound. This new corvette sounds weird to me. Not what a corvette should sound like :)
I’m sure they are a blast to drive and congrats to anyone that buys one but I have other toys I’d rather buy.
I honestly think that this is going to be one of those cars that won't wear well in the future.

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)

B4theLobotomy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2011 Tacoma, 2019 4Runner, 2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got the built notification yesterday now awaiting shipment. Estimated max 21 days. Between 11/18 - 11/24 delivery. So before Thanksgiving 😊. I don't know what happened at the factory but seemed like it took awhile. Originally went into production 9/28 but actual production wasn't until 22nd. Last production change was in Sept for 10/11. So production dtaes are all over the place. But all well. She's finally built.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I wonder if Ford is getting all their F150s done for year, as one poster mentioned, to retain the title of best selling truck, and Mustangs, and probably other models, are back burnered for parts (like chips).

-

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1

The only down side is you are starting at C8 Z51 prices, not Mach 1 prices before adding that $20k. My 2021 C8 convertible stickered just under 90K and would cost over 97K as a 2022 or one could get a mid range C8 Z51 for around 80k. I expect the base Z06 coupe to start at 95k-99k for advertising purposes with over 100K average transaction price.

Given Granger prices, I could get two Mach 1s for the price of a moderately optioned (LZ2 or so trim) C8 Z06. If Chevrolet manages to beat my estimate, I will be pleasantly surprised.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I cannot fit in any Corvette because I'm 6'6" with long legs. I cannot fit in coupes that don't have adjustable seats. That's why I love the Mustang and still want my Mach 1.

It could have 800 hp NA and I still wouldn't care.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
I’m getting nervous and wondering if I’ll get another email this week..

My original order went into production today. Last update on my Mach 1 is 11/16

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I’m getting nervous and wondering if I’ll get another email this week..

My original order went into production today. Last update on my Mach 1 is 11/16
Yeah, I dodged the 12/20 email a lot got last week and I'm still at 12/6 on mine. Still not feeling confident about it though and could see it getting moved to 12/20 along with everyone else this Friday.

Aerodaves

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2015 Mustang Ecoboost (kid's)
Yeah, I dodged the 12/20 email a lot got last week and I'm still at 12/6 on mine. Still not feeling confident about it though and could see it getting moved to 12/20 along with everyone else this Friday.
Same here. I've been expecting it but it still hasn't come yet.

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach M5413
Well, in the wake of this bombshell:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...cancelled-because-commodity-shortages.167064/

I called FP to check on my date; as a refresher here is my order:
Grabber Yellow 700a with the Tremec and magnesium wheels
Confirmed: 7/20/21
Last email date adjustment: 11/22/21
Call to FP from just now: 11/17/21

That being said, with 12 Mach's cancelled, I am betting mine is one of them, and Ford just hasn't updated their info. I can't imagine Granger had all that many orders placed. I honestly don't know if I will order a 2022, look for a '21 for MSRP, or just skip the S550 generation altogether. Frustrating times, but my feelings can't hold a candle to the people that ordered the HP months before my order. You have my sympathy.
Sponsored