Sponsored

2021 Official Mach 1 Order Tracking Thread

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
see, these post are killing me. Hoping to read that Ford has put everything into production!
Congrats on those who got and are getting their cars.
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
If you go on Fordā€™s inventory search page, or look on Autotrader, you can find cars with the handling package, and you can find cars with heated seats, you just canā€™t find both of them in the same car. Today my dealer called because I had emailed asking him to remove the handling package from my order so I could get it in faster. He said he spoke to the regional Ford scheduling rep, who assured him it had nothing to do with the handling package parts. He then proceeded to tell me that the list of handling package parts that I had asked him for prices on, like the rear spoiler and front splitter, are showing as out of stock. But he says thatā€™s not why they arenā€™t building the car. Iā€™m having a hard time following that logic.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Just received this from Ford:

Ford-Logo.png
0e0255d2f39b96e3306e36c2ca942cb0.png

YOUR VEHICLE HAS BEEN BUILT

Great news! Your 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Fastback has been built. We are performing some final inspections on your vehicle and getting it ready for shipment.

Our current estimate for delivery to Granger Motors, Inc. is between August 25, 2021 and August 31, 2021.
congratulations! I am almost two months from seeing that email, provided no more delays.

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 6M
If you go on Fordā€™s inventory search page, or look on Autotrader, you can find cars with the handling package, and you can find cars with heated seats, you just canā€™t find both of them in the same car. Today my dealer called because I had emailed asking him to remove the handling package from my order so I could get it in faster. He said he spoke to the regional Ford scheduling rep, who assured him it had nothing to do with the handling package parts. He then proceeded to tell me that the list of handling package parts that I had asked him for prices on, like the rear spoiler and front splitter, are showing as out of stock. But he says thatā€™s not why they arenā€™t building the car. Iā€™m having a hard time following that logic.
Perhaps the store is out of stock because the factories get priority on parts and there aren't enough parts available.

That being said (and this understanding is an inference I'm making based mostly on what you've said in the quote above), it may not be possible to know whether the factory has the parts available based solely on the fact that a distributor's website (I'm guessing the ford performance parts store) lists them as out of stock.

What I'm saying is that 1) MAYBE the regional scheduling rep is assuming (incorrectly) that the factory has parts based only on the knowledge that the factory has priority over the ford performance parts store.

OR 2) he might have meant that just because the store lists them as out of stock doesn't necessarily mean that the factory is out of stock, which he is probably right about.

My 2 cents is I think something fishy is definitely happening, since most if not all of the delays I've seen are orders with the handling package.

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My 2 cents is I think something fishy is definitely happening, since most if not all of the delays I've seen are orders with the handling package.
The HP definitely seems to be half of the equation, but itā€™s the combination of HP and heated seats that seems to be the issue. There are several new HP cars available on Autotrader, but they either have Recaros or the base cloth seats, and the window sticker on at least one has a July blend date.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll be at the 3 month mark this Saturday from my order. Still delayed and sitting at 10/25.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
1965 FFR Cobra, ā€˜21 Mustang Mach-1
Order confirmation: 8/10/21
Priority Code: 19
Estimated Build Date: TBD
Options: JS, 600A, Handling, 6MT, Recaro, RS-Delete, Red-Calipers
Shipped Date: TBD
Received Date: TBD
State: AZ

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Order confirmation: 8/10/21
Options: JS, 600A, Handling, 6MT, Recaro, RS-Delete, Red-Calipers
State: AZ
I bet you get this in no time since you didn't get the 700A package.

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I bet you get this in no time since you didn't get the 700A package.
would be nice. Dealer quoting 18 weeks. My PP2 back then took 9 months! The whole issue around ā€œstop-build in the winterā€ is true for those cup-2 tires.
Figure I can do without the leather this time. Lol. My PP2 became track only, so will this M1.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
would be nice. Dealer quoting 18 weeks. My PP2 back then took 9 months! The whole issue around ā€œstop-build in the winterā€ is true for those cup-2 tires.
Figure I can do without the leather this time. Lol. My PP2 became track only, so will this M1.
Shame you southern guys have to suffer the Cup 2 winter production stops LOL. BTW I see your shops in Scottsdale, wife and I would love to retire there but we'll never be able to afford it!

Sponsored

767.mph

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stromspeed.com
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Shame you southern guys have to suffer the Cup 2 winter production stops LOL. BTW I see your shops in Scottsdale, wife and I would love to retire there but we'll never be able to afford it!
Come on down! Winter is when we hit the track down here.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Come on down! Winter is when we hit the track down here.
We were there for 4th of July a couple years ago.... probably not the best intro to Phoenix! :crackup:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
Joining the end of the line and beginning the wait...thanks so much to Jay@Granger Ford for his outstanding assistance in getting this done for me!

Order confirmation: 11 Aug 2021
Options: 700A, Mach 1 Elite, Magnetic Wheels, Iconic Silver

Jay is setting up PPF and Ceramic coatings at a nearby shop once it arrives. He is also arranging the swap out of the summer tires for All-Seasons as I will be driving it back to the Seattle area (over the Cascades or via Portland to avoid the mountain passes in Dec/Jan), no need for summer tires for most of the winter months here in the Pacific NW.

I'm also pondering stripe removal (exception the Mach 1 fender badges) as I love a cleaner, low profile look, but wanted all the options and the manual transmission that come with a Mach 1 vs the maxed out GT.

Cheers

Last edited:

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Joining the line and beginning the wait...thanks so much to Jay@Granger Ford for his outstanding assistance in getting this done for me!

Order confirmation: 11 Aug 2021
Options: 700A, Mach 1 Elite, Magnetic Wheels, Iconic Silver

Jay is setting up PPF and Ceramic coatings at a nearby shop once it arrives. He is also arranging the swap out of the summer tires for All-Seasons as I will be driving it back to the Seattle area (over the Cascades or via Portland to avoid the mountain passes in Dec/Jan), no need for summer tires for most of the winter months here in the Pacific NW.

I'm also pondering stripe removal (exception the Mach 1 fender badges) as I love a cleaner, low profile look, but wanted all the options and the manual transmission that come with a Mach 1 vs the maxed out GT.

Cheers
FWIW I have your exact car minus the elite package on order, see my sig for a ballpark of how long you can expect to wait.
Sponsored