Mine just got bumped back another week today, from 09/13 to 09/22 😞

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
It's now been nearly three weeks since my order was confirmed by Ford via email, but still no follow up with a VIN? Is three weeks a little long for most? Hoping to jump to the next phase of The Waiting Game by obsessively compulsively checking for the build date:-/

velocirooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mach 1 Prem, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Mine just got bumped back another week today, from 09/13 to 09/22 😞
Mine supposedly shipped via rail on 8/25 with a dealer ETA 8/27 - 9/2, and tonight, the tracker shows new ETA of 9/3 - 9/9. Like did they leave the keys back in Flat Rock and back the train all the way to go get them? Cutting it close, since dealer set a date of 9/13 to start PPF and 4H ceramic process.

Sponsored

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
It's now been nearly three weeks since my order was confirmed by Ford via email, but still no follow up with a VIN? Is three weeks a little long for most? Hoping to jump to the next phase of The Waiting Game by obsessively compulsively checking for the build date:-/
Same boat here. Little over two weeks since my confirmation. I’ve accepted I won’t see the car until March.

OP
OP
Zelek

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I got a VIN relatively quick but I've been on "Order Confirmed" since 5/14.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Yeah can’t see how it could possibly take more than 10 days for a VIN. I’d call Ford Performance or Ford Marketing and give them your order number and the dealer code and they should be able to give you the VIN. Both numbers should be on the order printout from your dealer.

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Yeah can’t see how it could possibly take more than 10 days for a VIN. I’d call Ford Performance or Ford Marketing and give them your order number and the dealer code and they should be able to give you the VIN. Both numbers should be on the order printout from your dealer.
Hey @Mikepol2 , can you gimme the ford performance number pls . I knew you posted it in some thread and i tried looking but didn't find it

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Mikepol2 , can you gimme the ford performance number pls . I knew you posted it in some thread and i tried looking but didn't find it
Ford Performance 800-367-3788 opt #1.

Sponsored

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
unfortunately I think that means that they are not sure they can build it this year, so may be waiting to see, otherwise they'll assign it a 2022 vin.

Mountain Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Super Duty F250
I had my order confirmed with Ford on August 13. Still awaiting VIN also.

ChrisAngela

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2013 Toyota Prius, 2016 Winnebago Era, 2021 GT500
I had my order confirmed with Ford on August 13. Still awaiting VIN also.
I emailed Jay@Granger today and he said he received "a notification it is previewing today, so I should have a VIN Thursday". I asked what a "preview" was and he said it's essentially the last opportunity to make any changes to the order before assigning the VIN.

Fingers crossed...

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I emailed Jay@Granger today and he said he received "a notification it is previewing today, so I should have a VIN Thursday". I asked what a "preview" was and he said it's essentially the last opportunity to make any changes to the order before assigning the VIN.

Fingers crossed...
The only bad thing is, the relief you feel upon receiving your VIN will be short lived as the real waiting then begins. You will initially experience feelings of excitement, followed by slowly increasing dread as you begin to understand how long this will really take. It then morphs into a brief period of acceptance, followed by mounting frustration. Frustration will become anger and then a feeling that something must be wrong with the order, since it could not possibly be taking this long unless there was a problem. At this point you will launch into a series of phone calls and emails to your dealer, Ford Customer Service, Ford Marketing, and Ford Performance trying to analyze the situation and come up with possible scenarios that would explain the delays. The communications will originally be professional but will become more and more deranged. All of these attempts will be neutralized by the other parties. You will then settle into a brief period of depression, followed by insanity, and finally apathy and a feeling that it will never actually arrive.

Then in Week 2…
Sponsored