Sponsored

2020 GT500 confirmed orders

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
P.S.
You may have a better chance of getting an production date if you order an easy car to build. The less options the higher the probability of an early build, this may not hold true if they are stocked for bear at the plant and have a lot of parts online. I went with an Oxford White GT500 with a CF instrument panel. After looking at satellite pictures (Google Earth) of the holding lot behind the Flat Rock plant, it looks like White cars are very popular, so my chances of getting a shot at the paint shop are pretty good. If that is the case, the only thing that would kill my chance would be a shortage of CF instrument panel parts. Keep in mind this could all be nothing more than one of my happy thoughts, but that doesn't mean that it couldn't happen.

Think good thoughts and kick back and enjoy the ride.

I was just looking at the satellite images of Flat Rock. Any idea what all the cars lined up out on the track west of the plant are? it's a narrow track with a pond at one end. Most of them look like Mustangs, and several have stripes. I counted around 80 cars parked along the one straight away.
Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I was just looking at the satellite images of Flat Rock. Any idea what all the cars lined up out on the track west of the plant are? it's a narrow track with a pond at one end. Most of them look like Mustangs, and several have stripes. I counted around 80 cars parked along the one straight away.
You have to look at the date of the picture, it is down on the bottom. I saw one picture that seemed to have a lot of GT350's and the date corresponded with the steering wheel shortage.

93_SVT_3503

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2013 King Ranch Expedition, 1967 Ford Bronco half-cab, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 1967 F250 Highboy
Only date it showed was 2019. I switched over to Google Earth, and there are twice as many out there. Interesting.

Angelsbane72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS
You have to look at the date of the picture, it is down on the bottom. I saw one picture that seemed to have a lot of GT350's and the date corresponded with the steering wheel shortage.
You will be hard pressed to find a view of the 500's in the outside lots, I was just at FRAP a few weeks back and the vehicles were all indoors.
I did see a handful of R's outside though, among other things...

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It is nice to have a choice, two entirely different cars, I have never considered a GT350 because I was addicted to the GT500's low end torque. Although the GT350 sound is pretty cool. At least with both cars being available at the same time people have a choice between a high revving manual transmission car and a torque happy DCT.
I agree that to have two totally different HP Mustangs to choose from for the 2020MY is terrific for us enthusiasts.

Back in 2011 and 2012 I found many of my buddies along with myself liking the opportunity to choose from a NA Boss or 2 seat LS model versus a supercharged GT500.

:like::like:

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Any new VINs assigned today?? I need some good news from someone new who has got a VIN this week, will also help me to keep holding out hope to hear from my dealer later today.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
This is exactly how I feel. I have never owned a Shelby, but have had 17 different mustangs over the past 33 years for which I enjoyed modifying. For me, once I had a supercharger, I was addicted. I purposely have never even driven a Shelby so some day in the future I would get to experience something special. My 2017 made 814 wrhp and 603 torque but I am extremely excited to drive this car.

I believe the GT350 is a brilliant car. If I was not a low end torque, instant tap on demand guy I would be all over the 350. I think it's great that they offer both, everybody wins.

Thanks everyone for your input with my previous questions. I am happy to report my new dealer supplied me with the DORA yesterday. I will say the salesman I am dealing with has been extremely helpful and I feel this was meant to happen for me.
Any new VINs assigned today?? I need some good news from someone new who has got a VIN this week, will also help me to keep holding out hope to hear from my dealer later today.
Hoping to call FP later and see if I got my VIN. My dealer said I should have my VIN on Monday, but I'm guessing that's just when he plans to contact me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Still no VIN here.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
My salesman called me and said the golden ticket CFTP according to his regional rep is a "lottery" and nobody knows if they can get one or not right now. He told me I have to make a decision on my car by monday, or I can keep waiting, my current allocation will go to someone else, and I'll be first in line when they do get a golden ticket. I was under the assumption that dealers know if they have the golden ticket or not already. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
My salesman called me and said the golden ticket CFTP according to his regional rep is a "lottery" and nobody knows if they can get one or not right now. He told me I have to make a decision on my car by monday, or I can keep waiting, my current allocation will go to someone else, and I'll be first in line when they do get a golden ticket. I was under the assumption that dealers know if they have the golden ticket or not already. What do you guys think?
A certain % of dealers know they got the "Ticket" for a CFTP and Painted Stripes allocation. But there will be a small % in comparison that will not know until the zone rep gets word certain dealers in the area can qualify if they choose. I am in the same situation with 2 others in the mid west zone, but the dealer I am going through has assured 2 in his zone possibly 3 will get one later on. Therefore my base order is in, and if a CFTP allocation opens up before my order is pulled I am in luck and can switch out with a customer that does not take the "Ticket" allocation. Yes very confusing I guess

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
My dealer didn't even know about a Golden Ticket, but he did get two regular allocations. He also told me he had orders for two CFTP GT500's. I don't know how that's going to work out.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Isnt this all moot by now? every dealer in program gets at least 1, how many based off of previous shelby sales ( someone else would need to clarify #'s/timeframe that qualifies), and then 1 cftp allocation for every 3 base allocations.

So, if you aint sold shelbys recently, or not allocated at least 2 base so far- depending on interpretation- then they are not getting a cftp allocation

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Isnt this all moot by now? every dealer in program gets at least 1, how many based off of previous shelby sales ( someone else would need to clarify #'s/timeframe that qualifies), and then 1 cftp allocation for every 3 base allocations.

So, if you aint sold shelbys recently, or not allocated at least 2 base so far- depending on interpretation- then they are not getting a cftp allocation
No, it's more about the dealers being honest with their customers.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Still no VIN here.
Same. Just called FP, no VIN yet. It's going to be interesting to see if my dealer is correct that I should have it Monday.
Sponsored