2020 GT500 confirmed orders

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
No, it's more about the dealers being honest with their customers.
My dealer is very very honest, has been well known across the mustang community and known over at SVTP forums. What I have posted regarding the so called process is directly from his mouth. He has 50 dealers in his zone, 1 so far is 100% confirmed to getting a CFTP ticket. He also was told by the zone rep, that up to 3 more will be allocated in the future within this zone. We shall see

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
My dealer is very very honest, has been well known across the mustang community and known over at SVTP forums. What I have posted regarding the so called process is directly from his mouth. He has 50 dealers in his zone, 1 so far is 100% confirmed to getting a CFTP ticket. He also was told by the zone rep, that up to 3 more will be allocated in the future within this zone. We shall see
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
Good luck, I hope it works out for you.
Honestly, I will be happy with either outcome. All I know is they are sold at MSRP regardless of which outcome. Now I can not commit to a color, was TO but now thinking Velocity Blue, or White

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Same. Just called FP, no VIN yet. It's going to be interesting to see if my dealer is correct that I should have it Monday.
Unless you have some horsepower working in your favor, if say probably not. But don't ever give up hope.

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Hi all, this is my first post. Just wanted to reinforce what VooDoo and Snoopy are saying.

Lets start by saying almost anyone can make a GT500 Order, but actually having it built is another thing entirely. There are allocation and commodity restrictions that are not visible to most. Also, this is a profitable retail business in which many dealerships are exploiting to their benefit.

Many Select (smaller) dealers will make multiple orders knowing all cannot be actually filled. Many will also sell their allocations to other dealerships. This becomes an opportunity to bring the buyer in to the store and direct them to another vehicle. Many Contact (larger) dealerships actively negotiate allocations with a sizable ADM, and yet are willing to order for stock and negotiate later to a larger pool of buyers.

The largest dealership in my region (and largest Shelby seller in the country) currently has eight allocations and is actively working to purchase others from $4000 to $16,000 over MSRP. The CFTP will be sold for $30,000 ADM. They currently have only one retail Golden Ticket submitted which has a VIN[FONT=pt sans caption,sans-serif] [/FONT]at this time.

This brings us to MSRP orders. I am told that the far majority of these claims are false. Orders are made knowing that they cannot be filled and will not go to Unsch/Clean as the allocation will either be retailed with ADM, sold to another dealership or has not been issued. There are rare circumstances where a dealership can give MSRP, but this almost always occurs to a long time significant buyer providing many additional sales in return. I can either take $4-$16 over MSRP wholesale or sell the vehicle for and extra $30,000. And I can take my time an wait for buyer as tickets will be gone and stock will be on the lot.

Summary is there are many competing consumer challenges during this initial run of the GT500. You draw to schedule is an actual allocation, order submitted to the order bank, and your dealership representing your order priority during the random scheduling order during several rounds of potential selection.

My order is in, but I am told that the first run may not typically be the best place to be due to potential bugs found in manufacturing. Regardless, I will take it when It comes as I think my priority code will likely soon dramatically change.

BTY - The largest Shelby dealership in this region confirms they know of no OTTP Stripes offered on any Base Model GT500. Also, If a Golden Ticket is not completely used, i.e. both CTFR Package and OTTP, neither will be reallocated to another dealer. Those options are specific to the Golden Ticket in hand and are "poof" gone when not used.

Take what I have with a grain of salt, and best of luck out there to all my Shelby Brothers!

7-31-2019 Shelby Order2.jpeg

Last edited:

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
This brings us to MSRP orders. I am told that the far majority of these claims are false.
Told by whom? Not all dealers enjoy raping their customers.

I’m amazed at how much shade some of you throw towards those of us that managed to score an MSRP deal. I managed the same deal in 2015 for my GT350, from the same dealership. It sounds like they’re producing more 500’s than 350’s during the first year of production, so it’s not that inconceivable that many of us are getting them for MSRP.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
You're definitely wrong. Think what you will, I'm paying MSRP. Just like I did in August of 2015 for the 2016 GT350 I ordered.
My dealer received his allocation this afternoon at 3:49pm. 1 500 and 1 350.

And of course, 0 “golden” tickets.
Bought my 2016 GT350 at MSRP from the same dealership I’ve been in contact with for about 6 months now regarding ordering the GT500. Communication was amazing, up until literally 1 week ago. Total radio silence... not happy. Might have to start a new search, which is going to be difficult at this point I fear. If anyone passes on an MSRP deal, let me know!
I’m in this exact same position. Have yet to even meet my guy (dealership is 1000+ miles from me), I don’t have paperwork yet, just a gentlemen’s promise. I live my life with integrity and honor, and my word is worth its weight in gold. I just hope he lives his life in the same way. So far, it appears that he does, but only time will tell.

I’m amazed at how much shade some of you throw towards those of us that managed to score an MSRP deal. I managed the same deal in 2015 for my GT350, from the same dealership. It sounds like they’re producing more 500’s than 350’s during the first year of production, so it’s not that inconceivable that many of us are getting them for MSRP.
Its because of post history like yours

1 day your buying msrp from same dealer u got msrp from 3 years ago, next youve never met the guy and they are 1k miles away hoping they keep their word

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Hi all, this is my first post. Just wanted to reinforce what VooDoo and Snoopy are saying.

Lets start by saying almost anyone can make a GT500 Order, but actually having it built is another thing entirely. There is allocation and commodity restrictions that are not visible to most. Also, this is a profitable retail business in which dealerships are exploiting to their benefit.

Many Select (smaller) dealers will make multiple orders knowing all cannot be actually filled. Many will also sell there allocations to other dealerships. This is an opportunity to bring the buyer in and direct then to another vehicle. Many Contact (larger) dealerships are actively negotiating allocations with sizable ADM, and are willing to order for stock and negotiate later to a larger pool of buyers.

The largest dealership in my region (and largest Shelby seller in the country) has eight allocations and is actively working to purchase other allocations from $4000 to $16,000 over MSRP. At least the CFTP will be sold for +$30,000 ADM. There is currently only one Golden Ticket VIN Issued and submitted to plant at this time. These dealerships are randomly order selected by computer weekly and dealers schedule builds with the factory provided there are no subsequent commodity or allocation changes.

This brings us to MSRP orders. I am told that the far majority of these claims are false. Orders are made knowing that they cannot be filled and will not go to Unsch/Clean as the allocation will either be retailed with ADM, sold to another dealership or has not been issued. There are rare circumstances where a dealership can give MSRP, but this almost always occurs to a long time significant buyer providing many additional sales in return. I can either take $4-$16 over MSRP wholesale or sell the vehicle for and extra $30,000. And I can take my time an wait for buyer as tickets will be gone and stock will be on the lot.

Summary is there are many competing consumer challenges during this initial run of the GT500. You draw to schedule is an actual allocation, order submitted to the order back, and your dealership representing your order priority during the random scheduling order during several rounds of potential selection.

My order is in, but I am told that the first run may not typically be the best place to be due to potential bugs found in manufacturing. Regardless, I will take it when It comes as I think my priority code will likely soon dramatically change.

BTY - The largest Shelby dealership in this region confirms they know of no OTTP Stripes offered on any Base Model GT500. Also, If a Golden Ticket is not completely used, i.e. both CTFR Package and OTTP, neither will be reallocated to another dealer. Those options are specific to the Golden Ticket in hand and are "poof" gone when not used.

Take what I have with a grain of salt, and best of luck out there to all my Shelby Brothers!

Not sure if I read your third paragraph correctly but if you are suggesting that the Golden Ticket is randomly selected for dealerships by a computer each week you and your dealership best think again as that is certainly not the case.

With respect to MSRP orders I cannot speak for others but I have purchased GT350/R's from the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 MY's and purchased each of these vehicles from 3 different dealerships and paid MSRP in each case.

In addition I recently purchased a 2020 GT500 CFTP car and again at MSRP.

Just yesterday I visited a Ford dealership in Idaho and met with the GSM and during our conversation he made it very clear that they sold their GT500 allocation to a local resident for MSRP and I absolutely believe the individual that I met with.

I am not here to suggest that the above is the norm for purchasing GT350/R's or the new GT500 but what I am suggesting is that when members of this forum (and non members) mention that they have purchased the above vehicles for MSRP they are not making false claims and that people such as yourself and many others need to start trusting and believing that people are telling the truth.

:)

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

Lets start by saying almost anyone can make a GT500 Order, but actually having it built is another thing entirely. There is allocation and commodity restrictions that are not visible to most. Also, this is a profitable retail business in which dealerships are exploiting to their benefit.

Many Select (smaller) dealers will make multiple orders knowing all cannot be actually filled. Many will also sell there allocations to other dealerships. This is an opportunity to bring the buyer in and direct then to another vehicle. Many Contact (larger) dealerships are actively negotiating allocations with sizable ADM, and are willing to order for stock and negotiate later to a larger pool of buyers.

The largest dealership in my region (and largest Shelby seller in the country) has eight allocations and is actively working to purchase other allocations from $4000 to $16,000 over MSRP. At least the CFTP will be sold for +$30,000 ADM. There is currently only one Golden Ticket VIN Issued and submitted to plant at this time. These dealerships are randomly order selected by computer weekly and dealers schedule builds with the factory provided there are no subsequent commodity or allocation changes.

Summary is there are many competing consumer challenges during this initial run of the GT500. You draw to schedule is an actual allocation, order submitted to the order back, and your dealership representing your order priority during the random scheduling order during several rounds of potential selection.

Thank You for this great info---To be continued-----...............

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thank You for this great info---To be continued-----...............
Be weary of this info Chuck. It sounds like a dealers perspective. Some of this information is contrary to what I know to be fact. (Based upon two credible sources). The guy did say take it with a grain of salt.....

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Be weary of this info Chuck. It sounds like a dealers perspective. Some of this information is contrary to what I know to be fact. (Based upon two credible sources). The guy did say take it with a grain of salt.....
Good morning my very good friend Tom; I have read just about every post here since I joined and the one thing in "particular" is if I could have just "One Wish"---LOL is that Ford would have put on a detailed piece of information on how this whole frikkin process is going to be done. And I do mean "detailed". Iam an old fart (age 68) and there's nothing more "frustrating" when all of us are spending $90,000 ++++ is all this misinformation or whatever you choose to call it. One day we're all Up and the next day we're all Down. What a rollercoaster ride it continues to be. Very disheartening in all honesty. I have reached way way up in the stratosphere to get good information but even then Iam not 100% sure if I can count on it. Well enough said as Iam heading out the door now to go to of all things a "Car Show". LOL

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase

Not sure if I read your third paragraph correctly but if you are suggesting that the Golden Ticket is randomly selected for dealerships by a computer each week you and your dealership best think again as that is certainly not the case.

With respect to MSRP orders I cannot speak for others but I have purchased GT350/R's from the 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 MY's and purchased each of these vehicles from 3 different dealerships and paid MSRP in each case.

In addition I recently purchased a 2020 GT500 CFTP car and again at MSRP.

Just yesterday I visited a Ford dealership in Idaho and met with the GSM and during our conversation he made it very clear that they sold their GT500 allocation to a local resident for MSRP and I absolutely believe the individual that I met with.

I am not here to suggest that the above is the norm for purchasing GT350/R's or the new GT500 but what I am suggesting is that when members of this forum (and non members) mention that they have purchased the above vehicles for MSRP they are not making false claims and that people such as yourself and many others need to start trusting and believing that people are telling the truth.

:)
I agree with Tomster, this seems like a dealers perspective, but......... he said "majority" of claims and then followed up with saying to take with a grain of salt. No need to get all worked up. Nobody said you didn't get an MSRP deal. You have to remember, we, here in this forum, are the minority when it comes to people ordering this car.

Personally, I think he's balls on accurate when it comes to MSRP claims.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
That is not what I said. I simply stated that a computer randomly generates the weekly order of dealerships who rotate in turn to fill factory orders. These are in consideration of available commodities, allocation (base or golden ticket) and dealership prioritization (retail before stock). Everyone gets a turn at one order, then they go around again until the weekly quota is met. Otherwise, wait until the next week.

I am not here to suggest that the above is the norm for purchasing GT350/R's or the new GT500 but what I am suggesting is that when members of this forum (and non members) mention that they have purchased the above vehicles for MSRP they are not making false claims and that people such as yourself and many others need to start trusting and believing that people are telling the truth
Again, I restate my position that almost anyone can make a GT500 order, yet having one actually built is another thing. Do you notice that the final price is not negotiated, reflected nor binding on the Preview Order? There are MSRP purchases, but usually not without prior pressure from other dealerships to purchase their allocation, regional reps to trade their allocation or even other buyers willing to pay ADM. MSRP is typically a business decision where the dealership knows significant additional sales will be made peripherally. A signed purchase agreement along with a factory VIN demonstrates a secure purchase. Personally, my order is in and my price is secure but I will not be confident until a VIN is issued.

How do you know that I do not have credible sources and relationships at the highest level? I am a Shelby fanatic who is just as excited about my order as anyone else. Where I become disappointed is when others lose the perspective that automobile design, manufacturing, distribution and retail sales is a capitalistic venture. The 2020 GT500 is a unique specialty performance vehicle that is driven by both desire and profit. These will be some of the last modern factory performance vehicles before the industry transitions to electric. Do not forget this.

I apologize if I have ruffled any feathers. My intent is to develop new relationships and become a positive asset to both the forum and Shelby communities. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
How do you know that I do not have credible sources and relationships at the highest level? I am a Shelby fanatic who is just as excited about my order as anyone else. Where I become disappointed is when others lose the perspective that automobile design, manufacturing, distribution and retail sales is a capitalistic venture. The 2020 GT500 is a unique specialty performance vehicle that is driven by both desire and profit. These will be some of the last modern factory performance vehicles before the industry transitions to electric. Do not forget this.

I apologize if I have ruffled any feathers. My intent is to develop new relationships and become a positive asset to both the forum and Shelby community. Thanks!
Don't get upset. I was commenting on a particular comment you made that was contrary to what I was told. One source was a phone call by someone who I know that spoke to the very department that handles the build selection. Another was my dealer in a phone call to the regional rep. Both stories jived and it is my understanding that they (Ford) has a real concern about fair and equitable build selection. I was told CFTP selection was by a team of persons, not a random computer pull.

Until Ford lends some transparency here, it will remain a mystery.

So take it easy, you, just like me, are just another guy on an internet forum with unconfirmed information. I was specifically told not to throw names out and I am a man of my word. So take that with the same grain of salt that you offered.
Sponsored