2020 GT500 confirmed orders

13GT500JA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500
If his regional rep said it is good for a CFTP then I’d say you have a golden ticket.
I believe that’s where his information is coming from. I suppose I will find out soon if the order is rejected or not.

Is there a way to track the order status?
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Are we talking about unlimited production numbers for the 2020 GT500 as a Base car and for years going forward and are we also talking about unlimited production numbers for the 2 seat CFTP option for the 2020 MY and for years going forward?

Going back to the 2012/2013 Boss 302 which includes the Laguna Seca production numbers did not Ford live up to their commitment to ~750 LS cars for each MY year along with their projection for limited production numbers for the regular Boss 302 cars?

Did Ford exceed their projected limited production numbers for the 2007 to 2014 GT500 cars?

Did Ford exceed their projected limited production numbers for the 2016 to 2019 GT350/R's over the last 4 model years?

I guess it all comes down to what we understand and consider as "Limited Product Numbers" for each model year and until we see if Ford exceeds their projected ~5000 GT500 vehicles (which includes the ~1250 CFTP cars) for the 2020 MY I will reserve judgement that Ford will live up to their commitment for these production numbers and if they exceed the above projected production numbers for the 2020 MY and for future years by a great degree then I will agree that the GT500 Mustang is not a "Limited Production" HP automobile.

Unless someone has confirmed information contrary to what Ford is proposing for the 2020 MY and for future production years I would suggest that anyone claiming that the upcoming GT500 is not a limited production car is pure conjecture at this point.

:)
I think the point being made is that Ford will produce what they can for this car based on materials and ability to schedule shifts to build them. And to consider it a truly limited production car means, at least to me, that they will make x number of vehicles over x period and that’s it.

You know the R was to be a 2 year run with approximately 500 vehicles for each year post the 2015 model year. We are way beyond that aren’t we?

The S197 GT500 not only continued on for 6 more model years, but saw increased performance along the way.

How about the Ford GT? Oh we can make a few more. 1300 now. Plus 49 MKIIs

Maybe the only vehicle you mention that fits closest to the definition is the Boss.

The bottom line is this. If you don’t get what you want with this car the first time around, as production ramps up, and things normalize from that perspective, you’re more than likely to be able to get what you want if you can be somewhat patient.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I think the point being made is that Ford will produce what they can for this car based on materials and ability to schedule shifts to build them. And to consider it a truly limited production car means, at least to me, that they will make x number of vehicles over x period and that’s it.

You know the R was to be a 2 year run with approximately 500 vehicles for each year post the 2015 model year. We are way beyond that aren’t we?

The S197 GT500 not only continued on for 6 more model years, but saw increased performance along the way.

Maybe the only vehicle you mention that fits closest to the definition is the Boss.

The bottom line is this. If you don’t get what you want with this car the first time around, as production ramps up, and things normalize from that perspective, you’re more than likely to be able to get what you want if you can be somewhat patient.
I agree with that. The first production year of the 500 is special and it will be somewhat limited, however beyond 2020, and until the S650 comes out, they will crank them out as much as they can. The CFTP, just like the R, was limited by materials such as the wheels and wing. It is my understanding that CR has increased their production capabilities, however, as I have said before, the CFTP will not be an all you can eat kind of car (meaning that they can only make so many based upon material and scheduling).

Reactions: _M_

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500

The Painted OTT Racing Stripes are a separate option (47W) and can be ordered if your dealer has a Golden Ticket allocation, there is no CFTP requirement. The Golden Ticket Allocation can be used for the CFTP (67J) option OR the Painted OTT Racing Stripe (47W) option OR both options. If you don't believe me, call Ford Performance 800-367-3788 option 1, and ask them. Make sure you come back and let me know what they told you.

I believe you are confusing the fact that there is no such thing as a designated 2020 GT500 CFTP model. There can be a GT500 (950A) with the CFTP option (67J), if your dealer has the proper allocation, but this doesn't make it a special model, it still just a GT500 (950A) with a very expensive option. There is only one GT500, and it can be ordered with different options. It just so happens that two of the available options (67J & 47W) require a special allocation.
On the money 100%.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I believe that’s where his information is coming from. I suppose I will find out soon if the order is rejected or not.

Is there a way to track the order status?
You will need your order number and dealer code, these can be found on the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC).

Call Ford Performance (800)367-3788 option 1 and tell them that you want to check the status on your 2020 GT500 order. They are going to ask you for the order number and dealer code. The status should be "In Order Processing" "Unscheduled-Material Hold" this will confirm that the dealer entered the order into the Sales Bank.

You can also ask your dealer for the Vehicle Visibility Report (VVR) and the Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA).

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)

I guess it all comes down to what each of us constitutes what a "Limited Production" automobile is and was wondering what your definition or what criteria you see in order for a vehicle to qualify as a "Limited Production" vehicle?

As far as the GT350R model intended to only be produced for a 2 year run I'm curious as to what Ford documentation that you can provide to back up that claim as maybe I missed it but I do not recall Ford ever making that claim?

It's interesting that you suggest that the 2012/2013 Boss 302 program closest fits your definition of a limited production car when in fact the FRAP built ~8250 cars over the two year period and of that total there were ~1550 two seat Laguna Seca models which is an average of ~775 cars for each MY and well above any yearly Ford GT production numbers that you seem to have a problem with.

Only within the last year did Ford decide to the increase the production of the Ford GT by adding another 300 cars on top of the original 1000 cars allocated which equates to ~260 cars over the 5 MY's (2017 to 2021).

With Multimatic Motorsports in Markham only having the capability of hand building 1 Ford GT per day over a 5 year production run and with you seemingly having a problem with that again I would like to know and understand what your definition is of a "Limited Production" vehicle?

Getting back to the launch of the new GT500 I would suggest that if Ford sticks to it's planned production of ~3750 Base cars and ~1250 CFTP optioned cars for this MY it will qualify as a "Limited Production" Mustang IMO.

Conversely if Ford does not stick to their proposed production numbers for the 2020 MY and if the production numbers get stupidly high as in the launch year for the GT500 back in 2007 whereby they produced 10,847 cars then we obviously have a problem calling this new GT500 a "Limited Production" automobile.

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I guess it all comes down to what each of us constitutes what a "Limited Production" automobile is and was wondering what your definition or what criteria you see in order for a vehicle to qualify as a "Limited Production" vehicle?

The Boss program at least stuck to the time period that they said they were going to build the car and didn’t decide to run additional model years.

It was stated many times by Ford at various events that the GT350 was a 2 year run, similar to the Boss program, and that Rs would be limited to @ 500 a year. Just search through this forum, and I if I recall you may have even alluded to that once or twice. Perhaps I am confusing you with another member. But it was certainly stated and it was used by many to justify paying the ADMs.

My definition of a truly limited production car is one where the manufacturer states they are going to make x amount of cars over x amount of time and they stick to it regardless of what the market tells them to do. Very few do that anymore. Only the real high end brands. Even Porsche pumps out as many GT cars as they can now...why, because they’ll sell them.

Of course the GT is a limited car. There are only 1300 of them, but there was no plan to offer an additional allocation, thereby extending the original quantity communicated to everyone. I’m glad that they did. While I was unfortunately not selected, two of my friends did get cars in the extra allocation.

At the end of the day I’m not going to keep records of how many cars and variations of those cars were produced over how many model years. I’m not looking to vehicles as an investment. What seems to be pretty consistently observed it that Ford is in the car business and if they think they can build cars and sell them, they will.

Again, the bottom line is nothing more than this...if you want this car and you don’t get the first year run, I’m willing to bet that you’ll be able to get one in due time, and perhaps with a few upgrades.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
My dealer just informed me that I should have my VIN on Monday and that it’s “going to plant tonight”. Not exactly sure what he means by that???

Does a VIN coincide with a scheduled build date?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
The boss program was around 4,xxx/year. It went through a face lift, so really 4k that are the 2012 look and 4k that are the 2013 look. Looks are objective, i think the 13's look better. But I believe the 12 is lighter. Doesnt have the instrument cluster the 13 has.

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
My dealer just informed me that I should have my VIN on Monday and that it’s “going to plant tonight”. Not exactly sure what he means by that???

Does a VIN coincide with a scheduled build date?
Yes once it is scheduled they also assign a VIN which you then can use to track you order on the Ford order website which is pretty useless but they say you can track it.....on the good side once it’s in the tracking system you can see the window sticker as well.

Sponsored

Tim_bits

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timmer
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram and 2020 GT500
Yes once it is scheduled they also assign a VIN which you then can use to track you order on the Ford order website which is pretty useless but they say you can track it.....on the good side once it’s in the tracking system you can see the window sticker as well.
And once you get a VIN you can start to get insurance quotes.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Considering I’ll have a VIN Monday, does this give me an educated guess as to when it will be built? Are they assigned in Order? The last build dates I’ve seen reported I think were end of September/beginning of October. Is it safe to assume I’ll be shortly behind that?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Considering I’ll have a VIN Monday, does this give me an educated guess as to when it will be built? Are they assigned in Order? The last build dates I’ve seen reported I think were end of September/beginning of October. Is it safe to assume I’ll be shortly behind that?
Built yes they will have a build week listed it may change so be prepared for that. Now delivery is a whole different story. Example my F150 built then delivered quickly my ranger built but sat in waiting for shipment for a month and half before it ever got to me.
Sponsored