2020 GT500 PPF

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I am going with one piece complete wrap I would rather maybe see a line between the edge of stripe than have MANY seams that can lift and collect dirt. My car has white stripes, from what I have heard, the line is almost invisible if using white stripes. Either way, i would have to be less cautious with complete coverage so that's the trade off for me.
Yeah, as you and KB suggest, all the butt joints the way I did mine are potential downsides. I will definitely be keeping a close eye and keeping everything clean. Each way has it’s trade offs. I agree with you, I could see what you are saying with the white stripes.
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Brendan: You are most certainly correct about stretching. MOF, it is exactly this stretching ability that makes film so accommodating. Yes, you can get stretch marks if the pull is too strong but they're not very visible.

I've had rock hits on my F-250 mirrors many times over the years. Sometimes the film saves the day and sometimes it just minimizes the damage and touch-up is required.

The real difference between a mediocre job and a good one is the skill of the installer, as you said.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I ordered without Stripes for this reason
the5: I think I paid pretty close to what Ford is getting for vinyl stripes when I bought my replacements. So, if that's the plan, i.e., film then stripe, I'd say it was careful forethought. :-)

And in the end, stripes can be moderately easy to replace, those clear coats and base coats obviously cannot.

As we would say in Naval Aviation..."Good headwork" and you would have received an above average in that category on your Aviation Training Form. <smile>
Sponsored