Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Hey everyone,

Long term mustang fan here (1999 V6, 2011 GT Premium, 2013 GT Premium, 2001 Cobra), now looking at a 2020 GT PP1 (manual). I've been reading horror stories about the MT82 and MT82-D4 and definitely don't want to drop over $40K on a lemon. Does anyone know if these issues have been somewhat fixed with strong forks and the gear-lockouts? Should I stay away or pull the trigger and enjoy?

Thanks all, looking forward to being on the forum! If you're in the SLC area lets cruise.
Considering im looking at a similar car..without mag ride..with a stripe i dont care for..and a color i like but not my top choices for 46,292..id say its pretty good

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
They would also have to get my trade in vehicle. Do they do that too?
They do but that's expensive. Just sell it to Carvana they are buying deep right now.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They do but that's expensive. Just sell it to Carvana they are buying deep right now.
A local dealership actually offered more than carvana did. I made a post about the car im looking at. But i prefer this black one tbh. Wonder if they can ship them between dealerships...

Sponsored

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
A local dealership actually offered more than carvana did. I made a post about the car im looking at. But i prefer this black one tbh. Wonder if they can ship them between dealerships...
If you have any question at all on the car wait. Mustangs are not rare and you will find exactly what you're looking for! Dealerships do trades all the time but typically not at that distance.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
If you have any question at all on the car wait. Mustangs are not rare and you will find exactly what you're looking for! Dealerships do trades all the time but typically not at that distance.
Well i prefer that one because its so much cheaper even with mag ride..
Here is the one currently looking at..price they gave me so far is 46200 and that includes military discount

Screenshot_20201003-193242_Drive.jpg

20201002_170031.jpg

Last edited:

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Well i prefer that one because its so much cheaper even with mag ride..
Here is the one currently looking at..price they gave me so far is 46200 and that includes military discount

Screenshot_20201003-193242_Drive.jpg

20201002_170031.jpg
You can get that car in black + mag ride for 46 if you ordered it through X plan and took the incentive cash that's available right now. That is not a great deal they are giving you.

Jhamp232

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just chiming in to say I own a 2015 w/27k and no trans issues, but I’ve never been a fan of the clutch in this car. Beyond that, I work with 4 guys who race mustangs locally and two have had to invest in Calimer transmissions due to failures unrelated to racing(one at 30k one at 87k). I’ve owned 3 mustangs and I really dislike the MT-82. That being said, I’d buy this car all over again in a heartbeat. And if you do, buy HP tuners MVPI-2 and run E-85. Immediatato.

carfixer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Claude
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Scour the country for a 2019 "left over". You can get a new one with a huge discount and 0% financing. That in itself is worth thousands... It'd be worth the plane ticket to get it or ~1K to get it home.

Sponsored

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Scour the country for a 2019 "left over". You can get a new one with a huge discount and 0% financing. That in itself is worth thousands... It'd be worth the plane ticket to get it or ~1K to get it home.
Very hard to find new 19's since the factories were shut down. I couldn't find any.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You can get that car in black + mag ride for 46 if you ordered it through X plan and took the incentive cash that's available right now. That is not a great deal they are giving you.
I believe at this point im just going to wait for the mach 1 and the better transmission for power. Ill have more time to save up for that as well. Plus..like you said..local dealership isnt giving a great deal.

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Hey everyone,

Long term mustang fan here (1999 V6, 2011 GT Premium, 2013 GT Premium, 2001 Cobra), now looking at a 2020 GT PP1 (manual). I've been reading horror stories about the MT82 and MT82-D4 and definitely don't want to drop over $40K on a lemon. Does anyone know if these issues have been somewhat fixed with strong forks and the gear-lockouts? Should I stay away or pull the trigger and enjoy?

Thanks all, looking forward to being on the forum! If you're in the SLC area lets cruise.
Just got a PP2 in velocity blue. Love the manual. I shopped at 8 different houston area dealers. The best I could get off msrp was 14% on a PP1 car with no magnaride. I got mine for 10.5% off msrp, but at the time it was 1 of 2 PP2 cars on a lot in TX. Plus it was the color I wanted, so was happy to get it at that price. I'll be moving to Utah later this month. Luckily have an f150 for the snow...

OP
OP

mattymustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT (PP1)
Just got a PP2 in velocity blue. Love the manual. I shopped at 8 different houston area dealers. The best I could get off msrp was 14% on a PP1 car with no magnaride. I got mine for 10.5% off msrp, but at the time it was 1 of 2 PP2 cars on a lot in TX. Plus it was the color I wanted, so was happy to get it at that price. I'll be moving to Utah later this month. Luckily have an f150 for the snow...
Sick! If I end up getting a stang we'll have to cruise

OP
OP

mattymustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT (PP1)
I believe at this point im just going to wait for the mach 1 and the better transmission for power. Ill have more time to save up for that as well. Plus..like you said..local dealership isnt giving a great deal.
I've thought about this too. Better resale most likely amd the tremec transmission. I may wait and see at the very least. Im sure there are plenty of pp1 ones out there for 2020 and 2021
Sponsored