Hard to pull the trigger!

SkattrBrane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 Race Red
But $800-1300 for a set of tires is a lot cheaper than a separate daily driver :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the P-Zero's wear out after 8K anyway. Get yourself a nice set of michelins and you can have the track days and still drive to the family thanksgiving dinner in bad weather!
Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I have a little different take on this quandary so here goes...

I'm in my mid-40s and drove my gf and friends nuts most of the past year agonizing over what Mustang to buy and when. Late summer I had a 05 Lariat F150 4x4 with lots of equity, a 05 SRT-4 ACR (autox car that I was tired of and owned outright), and 95 Neon ACR beater. I was also co-driving my friend's 15 GT PP Premium in autox but his was a loaded car and at the end of the day would want a lighter base model of some sort to run myself eventually.

Having a 1/2ton 4x4 pickup or SUV is pretty much a necessity once you get one out here on the high desert of Central Oregon. There's just so much you can do with one of these rigs that no sports car can do: hauling kids and family around, going in the woods camping or exploring, getting through deep snow, and on and on. I thought about trading both the SRT-4 and truck in for a new Mustang but just couldn't imagine not having a truck. In fact, one day I borrowed my friend's Mustang and within 20 mins was missing the truck because I wanted to go target shooting and couldn't take the car off road to my favorite plinking spot.

I didn't want two car payments but late in the summer the perfect Mustang appeared down the road at a local dealer and I just couldn't let that one slip by. I traded the SRT-4 on it and found a way to pay off the truck shortly there after. What you might consider Stevewil131 is trading the newer truck for the Mustang and then getting an older, cheaper one so you still have a truck handy. Just a thought and good luck with the decision!

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
You think it was impressive on the test drive, wait until it breaks in. It really wakes up after a couple thousand miles.
Dump the expensive truck, buy the GT and get an old beater truck for hauling crap once in a while or do what I did. Hitch on the wife's SUV and a trailer parked in the yard.

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
An old guy at 41 years of age. Depending on how you look at it, there's a man that had a really good or really bad first quarter.
Just by you talking about that Mustang and test driving that Mustang means to me that you can afford that Mustang or you wouldn't be out there wasting your time. Just go buy the car. Best, CB

Sponsored

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
An old guy at 41 years of age. Depending on how you look at it, there's a man that had a really good or really bad first quarter.
Just by you talking about that Mustang and test driving that Mustang means to me that you can afford that Mustang or you wouldn't be out there wasting your time. Just go buy the car. Best, CB

I'm with this guy, either buy it now and regret it later or don't buy it and regret it later. Either way you might regret it, but one way you had some fun before you did! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Stevewil131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium MT Oxford White
Well I did it. I bought a white GT premium with stripes. Not so sure about the stripes yet, but they were on it. It has the dark saddle interior. Love it so far. MSRP was 37600, and paid 32000. Anything I should know about break in? I guess I should not push it to hard. I tried to post a pic but not sure if it worked. Thanks for all the input from everyone. My wife and I talked about it and if we miss the truck too bad we will trade in her sub and get another one at a later date.
image.jpg

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
For break in, vary speed as much as possible. Do take the engine up near redline every once in a while, but don't do any extended WOT running. Do engine brake when slowing to help seat the rings. Don't hurry the shifts when cold, it will go into gear.

Otherwise, enjoy!

Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Congrats man! Welcome to the Mustang family! If it's a manual, read the thread on removing the pedal spring. And do it now.

Cloak

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Get the Mustang. I noticed in your original post that you described yourself as "I am an old guy at 41"...you're not old, you're just bored. It happens to just about everyone...but a new Mustang can snap you back in your seat at the same time it sheds years off of your ego and demeanor. Nothing legal can make you smile soo much! A spin around town behind a Coyote engine can do wonders for your wellbeing. Get the exhilarating Mustang and be noticed everywhere you're seen and heard. Get the Mustang and take your wife out for a "joy ride". Get the powerful Mustang and see how your daughter now thinks your "COOL". But be warned: expect everyone to notice and comment on your Mustang! So I ask you this...when was the last time a complete stranger complimented you on your Ram 1500 truck? Drive the beautiful new Mustang and you might not consider yourself old at 41 anymore...
You make me want to buy a second S550 :love:

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
OP sounds like you want the GT. Make sure you factor everything in before you make your decision. If you're going to DD it then consider how much money you have to spend on gas, and how many miles you drive everyday(100).

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
I couldn't part with a truck for the S550. Nor could I swap my 08 accord family sedan for one. My wife needs the accord, and I need a truck too often to get rid of it. But we have no payments, so buying the S550 as a play car is easy enough. If I could just get work to hurry up and give me my promotion and transfer I could buy my GT. I can't justify shipping a car half way across the county when I can wait a few months to buy.

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Never too old!

Dump the truck and get the Stang! If you need a truck in the future...rent one for the day!! Just sayin!

ps....I'm a young 69!!!!!!
This guy is my hero!^^^^^
Sponsored