2020 GT PP1, pull the trigger?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I've thought about this too. Better resale most likely amd the tremec transmission. I may wait and see at the very least. Im sure there are plenty of pp1 ones out there for 2020 and 2021
Yeah. Id like to get a mach 1..put some forced induction on it..and then drive it until the wheels fall off. Lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

mattymustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT (PP1)
Yeah. Id like to get a mach 1..put some forced induction on it..and then drive it until the wheels fall off. Lol
My only concern is that pricing says it will start around ~$50K. Im guessing with options and dealer markups it will be between $55-60K, which is now $10K up from a pp1. Is it worth it?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My only concern is that pricing says it will start around ~$50K. Im guessing with options and dealer markups it will be between $55-60K, which is now $10K up from a pp1. Is it worth it?
Hahaha. Well that depends where the pp1 is at. The one i linked a few posts ago mrsp is just over 50k and they dont wanna budge below 46k. (Before T&T..and they say its marked at invoic..). Is the mach 1 worth a few more thousand to me? Absolutely yes. And im hoping there will be good incentives on them, or find a used one or something. But im hoping it wont be hard to get one at MSRP or less (few people already have it in writing for MSRP). Plus...its a mach 1. Thats already more awesome than pp1 gt to me.

But yeah i get what you mean. IF its hard to find one for less than 10k more than a pp1..it may be hard. But not dealing with the mt82 might be worth it even then..

Also im by no means wealthy. Im military. So that comes from someone that doesnt just have tons of money laying around lol

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well first you have to find one. If you do then you may be looking at $55-60 before ADM. Add another $5-15k for ADM unless you find a dealer willing to do a MSRP deal.

Now is it worth it? Well it is definitely going to be something special but dollar wise only you can make that call.

OP
OP

mattymustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT (PP1)
Hahaha. Well that depends where the pp1 is at. The one i linked a few posts ago mrsp is just over 50k and they dont wanna budge below 46k. (Before T&T..and they say its marked at invoic..). Is the mach 1 worth a few more thousand to me? Absolutely yes. And im hoping there will be good incentives on them, or find a used one or something. But im hoping it wont be hard to get one at MSRP or less (few people already have it in writing for MSRP). Plus...its a mach 1. Thats already more awesome than pp1 gt to me.

But yeah i get what you mean. IF its hard to find one for less than 10k more than a pp1..it may be hard. But not dealing with the mt82 might be worth it even then..

Also im by no means wealthy. Im military. So that comes from someone that doesnt just have tons of money laying around lol
True true, im hoping a mach1 would work out for me, but just depends on what deals are going on and pricing. Mach1s and pretty dope though!

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You'd pay A LOT more for a Mach1 for obvious reasons (brand new model, so waiting list, ADM, plus no rebates). The $46K deal is actually not bad at all, since manufacturers either canceled, or drastically reduced rebates (not sure what they are now on the Mustang), so dealers just can't match deals of a few months ago. Plus they have no incentive to do that anyway, since demand compared to supply doesn't warrant heavy discounts. Why heavily discount cars on the lot and not have any left to sell? Makes no sense to most dealers.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
You'd pay A LOT more for a Mach1 for obvious reasons (brand new model, so waiting list, ADM, plus no rebates). The $46K deal is actually not bad at all, since manufacturers either canceled, or drastically reduced rebates (not sure what they are now on the Mustang), so dealers just can't match deals of a few months ago. Plus they have no incentive to do that anyway, since demand compared to supply doesn't warrant heavy discounts. Why heavily discount cars on the lot and not have any left to sell? Makes no sense to most dealers.
Thats fine. Id rather pay more or get a used mach 1 at this point. Especially with my supercharger

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thats fine. Id rather pay more or get a used mach 1 at this point. Especially with my supercharger
First off Adam, thank you for your service. It looks like you're willing to wait for a year or two for the right deal to come along on a Mach 1. At that point you might also be looking at a S650. It's going to be a lot of fun. Good luck!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
First off Adam, thank you for your service. It looks like you're willing to wait for a year or two for the right deal to come along on a Mach 1. At that point you might also be looking at a S650. It's going to be a lot of fun. Good luck!
Thank you for your support! But yeah man..im not in a rush. I have a 2018 10r80 with an odin kit im happy with. I can wait.

Ive wanted a mach 1 ever since i was younger and saw a 2004 mach 1..so i have a soft spot for them. Guess we will see how the s650 turns out!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Haven't heard to many issues with the D4. A lot of upgrades with these, but a down grade when it came to gearing. Durability it should be fine.
Sponsored