Sponsored

Hard to pull the trigger!

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
What is it that people like about trucks? Seems they have all the downsides of a sports car and none of the benefits. They aren't good looking (opinion), they don't brake/handle, they aren't fast and in some cases seat only two people. What's the attraction to them, other than having something to help your friend move out of his apartment once every other ear or two? I've never gotten this thing with trucks - maybe some of you can explain what you like about them? Sitting up high and seeing traffic better is a reason, perhaps?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Stevewil131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium MT Oxford White
What is it that people like about trucks? Seems they have all the downsides of a sports car and none of the benefits. They aren't good looking (opinion), they don't brake/handle, they aren't fast and in some cases seat only two people. What's the attraction to them, other than having something to help your friend move out of his apartment once every other ear or two? I've never gotten this thing with trucks - maybe some of you can explain what you like about them? Sitting up high and seeing traffic better is a reason, perhaps?
For me there are many things about it. There is certainly the visibility of sitting above half of the vehicles on the road. Although I have not used my truck for pulling in the last few years, the new mustang is not going to do that very well at all. I know it sounds very petty, but I kinda used my truck as a fun weekend driver with some utility. I hauled trash that could not be picked up at the curb atleast once every couple of months. I have no doubt I will miss it. My question today is how much. If we realize we needed it more than we think we will get the wife a truck of some sorts and get rid of her suv. But for now I am having a blast driving the new Mustang. I put about 100 miles on it yesterday and it sure will put a smile on your face.

R3troGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe - 2019 RAM 1500 BH
When is the last time you drove a Truck?

I have a 2015 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4X4 with the 5.0. You hit the gas pedal and the Truck will go quite nicely, and the breaks will slow it down just as well.

I am a big guy at 6'4" and 280lbs, so the interior room of the Truck is great. It is nice knowing I can always pick up things that will not fit in the car.
Plus having a Truck in the winter is great.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
New trucks are really nice, particularly in the mid trim levels or higher.

I was on the launch team for the 2015 F -150. I'm not a truck guy and would take an S550 over it everytime, but I do see the appeal and did enjoy driving them. The new 2.7L EB is a hoot and so is the 3.5 as everyone knows, but I'd take a 5.0 if it were my truck. The Lariat, King Ranch and Platinum trims are ridiculously nice places to sit and very comfortable for any sort of driving.

Sponsored

RR6THGEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt
go ahead trade the ram get the GT, I sold my 2nd owner 84 5.0 / 5 speed that I had turned into a street/strip car 410w etc started braking stuff and didn't want to cut up the car so sold it and traded in my 2002 f250 lariat 4x4 with 35in m/t's only had 54,000 miles and got a new 2015 GT this fall when the 16's where just starting to show up at dealers.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Thanks for the opinions on trucks - I think I understand their attraction better now.

03ramit1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Dodge Ram
I guess if you live in an apartment in the city you would not get the use of a truck. I live in rural northern Idaho. I'm always hauling something. Be it a new tv, a load of trash, or fence posts. When I had my own fab shop I hauled 1000's of pounds of steel. I spend time camping, and enjoying the great outdoors. And a car just won't get into the good places. I'm sure I could go on and on about the uses of a truck. They were never designed to be a sports car. Just as a sports car was never designed to be a truck. It's simply a different tool for a different job. You don't drive a nail with a wrench, and you don't install a windshield with a hammer. It's the same thing.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I've had a truck of some sort for the past 22 years and would not be without one. I have two older 98 chevy models that pull trailers and haul stuff. My Mustang is my play car and I also have an older cavalier for my commuter car.

Enjoy the new Mustang.

Wayne