Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.forgitec.com
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT | 2019 BMW X5 | 2022 BMW M4
For anyone out there who thinks the engine tick and rattle is normal, its definitely not.
Since May 2019, I took my 2018 GT Prem/Perf Pack/10 Speed to 5 different dealers week after week because of my engine rattle, tick, and knocking noise and after 5 visits each to different dealers around me taking the car from me for a few days and saying its "Normal", I got sick of the bs and hired one of the best lemon lawyers in Los Angeles. Fast forward to today, October 24, I got a text from my lemon lawyer that Ford finally, after both of us dealing with them constantly back and forth months, accepted the fact that these are issues and they now approved my Lemon Law. Theyre lucky I'm ordering a 2020, especially after the crap they put me and my lawyer through. Just thought I'd let everyone know, they are definitely not normal, I highly advise anyone with these issues to hire a very good lemon lawyer.
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
For anyone out there who thinks the engine tick and rattle is normal, its definitely not.
Since May 2019, I took my 2018 GT Prem/Perf Pack/10 Speed to 5 different dealers week after week because of my engine rattle, tick, and knocking noise and after 5 visits each to different dealers around me taking the car from me for a few days and saying its "Normal", I got sick of the bs and hired one of the best lemon lawyers in Los Angeles. Fast forward to today, October 24, I got a text from my lemon lawyer that Ford finally, after both of us dealing with them constantly back and forth months, accepted the fact that these are issues and they now approved my Lemon Law. Theyre lucky I'm ordering a 2020, especially after the crap they put me and my lawyer through. Just thought I'd let everyone know, they are definitely not normal, I highly advise anyone with these issues to hire a very good lemon lawyer.
Not sure how you can make that statement about the tick and rattle not being normal. How about a sound clip so we can help you save some time and headache.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Who's your lawyer? I'm going to take my 19 in this week for an oil change and have them cut the filter open and start the process

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

How much was that Attorney Fee?

Ford has conceded only to satisfy the Consumer. This prevented the Consumer from going to their Social Media accounts, Ford’s Social Media accounts, local Investigative News Teams or any other online media outlet to publicly decry Ford and/or their Products.

Congrats on the Buy Back.

Unfortunately, the Lemon will be auctioned and placed back into Ford Inventory and resold. So be sure to track the VIN.

122Eric

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt

900miles and this is what I get smh. I’ve heard plenty of other ticks/sounds/thuds on all mustangs but a 2020 5.0 with 900 miles. This better go away soon

Sponsored

Dave D

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have a 2020 5.0 too that sounds like the op's car in the video, with a thud noise.

Brought it in today and they didn't hear it. Haven't even made a payment yet on it lol

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
but there's also a dull thud that isn't steady, is easy to hear from the cabin, and can be heard with a stethoscope held up to the oil pan.
Hey there. I just bought a 2020 GT w/10-speed. It's right at 28k on the OD. I just noticed an unsteady thud at idle after having driven it to work (about 25 miles, cruising 70-80 most of the way). I can hear it on the drivers side when its warmed up and can faintly feel it through the floor on drivers side. Did you ever find out what the thud-type sound was?

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
I have a 2020 5.0 too that sounds like the op's car in the video, with a thud noise.

Brought it in today and they didn't hear it. Haven't even made a payment yet on it lol
Did you ever find out what it was? Did you have to get it fixed or engine replaced or is it still kickin?

geddy lee

c/o Solar Federation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alright just got it home. I think the thudding is still there but it doesn't make the rattle or bbq tick and it feels completely different.
Just for the record : With "thudding" you mean that "bupp bupp bupp bupp" sound that is in sync with this thudding sound coming from the exhaust when you stand behind the car when idling ?

I also have a MT...listend to lost of Videos...and it seems like this sound is common on MT (?)
Sponsored