Sponsored

Knocking at Idle and Pinging

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
It wouldn't take very long depending on how full of 87 he is. Everyone should have time for that. HE should troubleshoot to the best of his ability in order to guide the dealership. He hears a "little bit of pinging" at low load in first gear. It's not like he's full on can of nickles mode. Troubleshoot troubleshoot troubleshoot.
He hears a rattle and pinging at low rpms. That's all he needs to tell the dealer. If they need more help from the customer, they can ask him how to reproduce the issue. He doesn't need to do a scientific study and record the results.
Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
He hears a rattle and pinging at low rpms. That's all he needs to tell the dealer. If they need more help from the customer, they can ask him how to reproduce the issue. He doesn't need to do a scientific study and record the results.
Troubleshooting a simple issue is a "scientific study"? Sell your Scat Pack and buy a Civic.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
People like YOU overload the dealership service departments for non-issue "problems". :puke:

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Troubleshooting a simple issue is a "scientific study"? Sell your Scat Pack and buy a Civic.
I guess you don't know what a hyperbole is.

People like YOU overload the dealership service departments for non-issue "problems". :puke:
Oh I'm sorry if I'm asking them to do their job. Like I said, he has done troubleshooting. He even brought it in and they didn't address it but admit that there is a problem with the engine. Gonna avoid insulting you, but people like you make car forums cancer.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I guess you don't know what a hyperbole is.

Oh I'm sorry if I'm asking them to do their job. Like I said, he has done troubleshooting. He even brought it in and they didn't address it but admit that there is a problem with the engine. Gonna avoid insulting you, but people like you make car forums cancer.
Don't feed me that hyperbole bullshit. You're the cancer here, not me. OP is on a mustang forum asking for advice. He never even began troubleshooting the "pinging" issue, nor did the dealer it seems. Why come here for advice when the only advice is going to be "take it to the dealer immediately"? That's pathetic, don't you think?

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Don't feed me that hyperbole bullshit. You're the cancer here, not me. OP is on a mustang forum asking for advice. He never even began troubleshooting the "pinging" issue, nor did the dealer it seems. Why come here for advice when the only advice is going to be "take it to the dealer immediately"? That's pathetic, don't you think?
Because people like you spread misinformation when they have no clue what they're talking about. Even if higher octane helped the ping, how is that helping with troubleshooting? It brings the dealer absolutely no closer to finding the issue. You come here insulting everyone and I'm the cancer?

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Because people like you spread misinformation when they have no clue what they're talking about. Even if higher octane helped the ping, how is that helping with troubleshooting? It brings the dealer absolutely no closer to finding the issue. You come here insulting everyone and I'm the cancer?
What misinformation? How the fuck do you think that isn't troubleshooting?! STOP RELYING ON THE DEALER FOR EVERY LITTLE ISSUE!

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
What misinformation? How the fuck do you think that isn't troubleshooting?! STOP RELYING ON THE DEALER FOR EVERY LITTLE ISSUE!
And if he says that it pings less on 93 octane, what help is that to the dealer? You never answered that question. Also, refrain from swearing because it doesn't make you seem tougher just makes you sound even less educated.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
And if he says that it pings less on 93 octane, what help is that to the dealer? You never answered that question. Also, refrain from swearing because it doesn't make you seem tougher just makes you sound even less educated.
Then he obviously is dealing with something different. Also, I'll fucking swear if I want to.

Sponsored

Jetnoise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP1, 70 Shaker Mach 1 stroker, 1967 F/B 357W, 1968 302 Vert, 4I 85 5.0 B&M Blower
So you're saying there's no way for it to ping on 93 octane?
My dealership delivered my car with 87. Pinged like a mofo...knock sensors don't cure all.
93 no ping
Worth a try

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
My dealership delivered my car with 87. Pinged like a mofo...knock sensors don't cure all.
93 no ping
Worth a try
Good quality 87 octane should not cause ping at low RPM. That's what it comes down to. Even if 93 cures it, there's still a problem.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
93 no ping
Worth a try
Bingo.

So you're saying there's no way for it to ping on 93 octane?
No. What I'm saying is it'll change characteristic IF that's what he's dealing with.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Good quality 87 octane should not cause ping at low RPM. That's what it comes down to. Even if 93 cures it, there's still a problem.
YES! Then you pass it off to the dealer! You'll be armed with more information!