2018 GT350 R

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Something to remember is just because there are members who got better deals doesn't always mean you should only be willing to accept the kind of deal they got. Buying a car is a big decision and sometimes there are other factors involved that go beyond a difference of several thousand dollars. Use other members' deals as a guideline, but ultimately the purchase decision will have to be a personal one. There will always be a better deal somewhere, but there's much to be said for finding exactly what you want, when you want it, and where you want it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
The greater Chicago market is stiff. I got my GT350 for sticker and frankly I was surprised to get it at that. Dealers around here were selling them with no problem for $5000 over.
If I could get this R for $6000 over I'd do it. The convenience of being able to drive over and inspect the car and take delivery as opposed to traveling to an out of state dealer to inspect it and then have to wait while it sits till it ships and risk damage during transport has value to me.
I really don't have to have the car. I have the coin and at my age I'm trying to enjoy myself before my appointment for the dirt nap comes up.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The greater Chicago market is stiff. I got my GT350 for sticker and frankly I was surprised to get it at that. Dealers around here were selling them with no problem for $5000 over.
If I could get this R for $6000 over I'd do it. The convenience of being able to drive over and inspect the car and take delivery as opposed to traveling to an out of state dealer to inspect it and then have to wait while it sits till it ships and risk damage during transport has value to me.
I really don't have to have the car. I have the coin and at my age I'm trying to enjoy myself before my appointment for the dirt nap comes up.
Then get it at 6k. Again, its your money, and nobody here is trying to tell you how to spend it.

I hope the next post is of you and your new R.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Buy Tomsters R! :)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Buy Tomsters R! :)
It's not quite for sale yet, but almost ;) the 500 reveal may do it. So much uncertainty. If the 500 falls short, both R's are keepers.

Thanks Jeff!

Sponsored

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
From what I've seen in the market, $6K over right now is a very fair offer on your part. If they don't take that then they are risking sitting on it for a while IMO.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Just did a search on the available inventory and there appears to be five Rs within about a 50 mile radius of the Fox Valley area. In addition to the white one you're looking at and the aforementioned grey one, there are two black ones (one with blue stripes and the other with matte black) and another white one with blue stripes.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Mike, sounds like you and I think a lot alike as we get older as I did not know your age or other circumstances.

Being able to work with local people, inspect the car personally and having the opportunity to buy an R at $6000 over based on what you have listed above I hope that the dealership takes your fair offer and I look forward to some good news later today!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

pocketAA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R #850
I was willing to pay up to a 5k adm and didn't want to go over on my 2017 R. Problem is I couldn't find one in the colors I wanted at that price. So I paid 7k over for mine. What is 2k over say 5-10 years.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
I get this, but when searching for my regular 350 I was willing to go 300 miles from the Burbs to get one. Mainly due to a lot of unreasonable expectatiosn of our local dealers. However, most want the 17s off their lot and started dropping prices end of year. Finally got deal at dealer invoice over in Midlothian, about a 45 minute drive each way. Found two other 17s at 500 below dealer invoice about 90 miles away. Again, regular 350. Good luck.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Some people are saying you can get a GT350R at MSRP but I haven't seen a single person post a link or give a specific MSRP lead on an R.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it certainly isn't easy to get one at MSRP. Otherwise there would be people on here posting leads.

How much you are willing to pay is your call, obviously. Do what makes you happy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Some people are saying you can get a GT350R at MSRP but I haven't seen a single person post a link or give a specific MSRP lead on an R.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it certainly isn't easy to get one at MSRP. Otherwise there would be people on here posting leads.

How much you are willing to pay is your call, obviously. Do what makes you happy.
yes, very few and far between. Ive seen a few, actually one lead for another individual that wound up selling at MSRP. One of mine was 2K over, but there is a long story behind it.

I think 5K is fair, and as is 6 if it takes a lot of hassle off your back.

I hope to see pictures later today.

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Currie had a Lead Foot Gray R....they wanted $20k over. I told them I had a 600 mile 17 Avalanche Gray....they said they won’t take anything less then $20k over.
The white one I was trying to get was at Golf Mill Ford. They have it listed at 30k over sticker. The salesman I originally talked with offered it at 12k over. I shot back with the $6000 offer and was cantacted by the sales manager. He countered with $11,000 over. I passed on it. There are others around that could probably be had for $5-6000 over but white with the blue stripes is what I really want. I'm happy with my regular old GT350. I'll focus on some other toy and move on. The dealers around these parts are stuck on stupid.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The white one I was trying to get was at Golf Mill Ford. They have it listed at 30k over sticker. The salesman I originally talked with offered it at 12k over. I shot back with the $6000 offer and was cantacted by the sales manager. He countered with $11,000 over. I passed on it. There are others around that could probably be had for $5-6000 over but white with the blue stripes is what I really want. I'm happy with my regular old GT350. I'll focus on some other toy and move on. The dealers around these parts are stuck on stupid.
I could call and see if I can get another one. Let me know.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
How long have you looked for an R?
Sponsored