2018+ GT350

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
I can't remember where, but I thought I read that there wasn't much weight difference between the 6R80 and the new 10 spd? No use of any iron was one reason I thought?
Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
"IF" ford goes with a 10speed, I'll bet you that they will also use the aluminum diff to offset the weight. I'll also bet ford "WILL NOT" build a aluminum uni-body mustang in the S650. Another thing is, you can't bond aluminum body panels such as aluminum 1/4 panels and rocker panels to a steel uni-body structure. The rocker panel is a structural piece of the car. Bonding two dissimilar metals together is a failure. Sure it can be fastened with rivetes or adhesive but it's not a structurally sound joint. Bolting on two dissimilar metal body panels is what ford already did. The could also make aluminum doors and remove weight from one of the best places of the car. The center.
Just as the M4 uses a mixed material uni-body, I'm almost absolutely positive the S650 is the A-Pillar back of the GT350's A Pillar up.

The GT350's front section belongs to the S650's as far as design goes. Examine the M4's front section and how it bond d panels, like the roof, to the structure. If the M4 can get down to 3550 on a 110.7 inch wheelbase, so can the Mustang...

The GT350 is where the Mustsng left the Camaro behind. It is simply taking the Mustang where it's never gone before.

Ford did it right by designing a specific chassis for the Mustang. Other bonuses were the C7 like footprint and all the integrated convertible and GT350 support. Sure, it made the base cars heavier but it gave the halo cars a chance to take on new equipment with little penalty. A GTPP is 3780 and a GT350TP was 3770lbs with all the new equipment. The front section was lighter and it allowed the GT350 a decent balance.

The GT350 and the Voodoo are the cats to beat. Multimatic and Roush were leading the R&D. How can you go wrong??? I know it will take a Corvette if Chevy wants to stop them...

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
"IF" ford goes with a 10speed, I'll bet you that they will also use the aluminum diff to offset the weight. I'll also bet ford "WILL NOT" build a aluminum uni-body mustang in the S650. Another thing is, you can't bond aluminum body panels such as aluminum 1/4 panels and rocker panels to a steel uni-body structure. The rocker panel is a structural piece of the car. Bonding two dissimilar metals together is a failure. Sure it can be fastened with rivetes or adhesive but it's not a structurally sound joint. Bolting on two dissimilar metal body panels is what ford already did. The could also make aluminum doors and remove weight from one of the best places of the car. The center.
Current auto GT cars have the aluminum pumpkin stock. It will carryover with the 10sp yes.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
I can't remember where, but I thought I read that there wasn't much weight difference between the 6R80 and the new 10 spd? No use of any iron was one reason I thought?
Shouldn't be much difference, but one thing for certain is it won't be lighter.

Maybe 10-20lbs heavier than current
Sponsored