Sponsored

2018 GT350 R

Nicky Pass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Avalanche Gray GT350
The white one I was trying to get was at Golf Mill Ford. They have it listed at 30k over sticker. The salesman I originally talked with offered it at 12k over. I shot back with the $6000 offer and was cantacted by the sales manager. He countered with $11,000 over. I passed on it. There are others around that could probably be had for $5-6000 over but white with the blue stripes is what I really want. I'm happy with my regular old GT350. I'll focus on some other toy and move on. The dealers around these parts are stuck on stupid.
Fuck that place! I went there ready to buy the white with blue stripes (Avalanche Gray was getting impossible to find). And they wanted $10k over, I just got up....they manager came by and asked the famous “what can we do to get the deal done today?” I said msrp! He said it would be stupid on his part to leave money on th table....I said msrp or no deal. There was no deal, then I’d get a dozen calls a week from different numbers.....I had to call to have them take me off their list!
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Fuck that place! I went there ready to buy the white with blue stripes (Avalanche Gray was getting impossible to find). And they wanted $10k over, I just got up....they manager came by and asked the famous “what can we do to get the deal done today?” I said msrp! He said it would be stupid on his part to leave money on th table....I said msrp or no deal. There was no deal, then I’d get a dozen calls a week from different numbers.....I had to call to have them take me off their list!
I never give car dealers my phone number till I do a deal with them. I contact via email then when it comes time to talk on the phone I use my cell with caller ID blocked. Car dealers are assholes. All of them. When I hear people tout how great they were treated I just chuckle.

I tried to make an offer on a 2013 Boss Laguna Seca that has less than 500 miles and it's a consignment car. The dealer wouldn't even forward the offer to the owner unless a deposit was put down. Retardation permeates the auto sales world to the core.

One thing I've learned over the years, never, ever get excited about a car or allow desire to motivate to the point of obscuring common sense. They are all either not very knowledgeable sales people or lying bastards and will screw anybody that's not careful.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I never give car dealers my phone number till I do a deal with them. I contact via email then when it comes time to talk on the phone I use my cell with caller ID blocked. Car dealers are assholes. All of them. When I hear people tout how great they were treated I just chuckle.

I tried to make an offer on a 2013 Boss Laguna Seca that has less than 500 miles and it's a consignment car. The dealer wouldn't even forward the offer to the owner unless a deposit was put down. Retardation permeates the auto sales world to the core.

One thing I've learned over the years, never, ever get excited about a car or allow desire to motivate to the point of obscuring common sense. They are all either not very knowledgeable sales people or lying bastards and will screw anybody that's not careful.
I just put a text into my dealership to see about an R. Are you interested?

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
^
Still wondering how long he has actively looked for an R.

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
Already moved in another direction, but thanks anyway.

OP
OP
Wriggly

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
^
Still wondering how long he has actively looked for an R.
Not very. I waited two years to get a regular GT350 because I was adamantly against paying a dealer market adjustment. I'm not obsessed with the R's at all, just thought it might be cool to put another Shelby in the collection.

Sponsored

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
I haven't been on the forum for very long but you seem to be Johnny on the spot with finding Rs at a reasonable price.

I, like everyone else would love to pay MSRP. I realize that it will be difficult to do so.

I am early on in my search so I'm reaching out to all the available avenues.
I've found descent deals but they are all black cars. I want to be able to pick my color combo and black is not at the top of my list.

I'm actively looking.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I haven't been on the forum for very long but you seem to be Johnny on the spot with finding Rs at a reasonable price.

I, like everyone else would love to pay MSRP. I realize that it will be difficult to do so.

I am early on in my search so I'm reaching out to all the available avenues.
I've found descent deals but they are all black cars. I want to be able to pick my color combo and black is not at the top of my list.

I'm actively looking.
MSRP would be difficult. It certainly would not be at my dealership. It can be done, right place, right time, checkbook in hand. The best time to buy a performance car is the winter months near/at the end of the month. Dealerships have goals and quotas to meet and if they need the sale, they just might do something that they normally wouldn't do.

Be there in person, ready to sign, but be ready to walk and accept the consequences.

Alain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alain
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat / 2019 350R #413
MSRP would be difficult. It certainly would not be at my dealership. It can be done, right place, right time, checkbook in hand. The best time to buy a performance car is the winter months near/at the end of the month. Dealerships have goals and quotas to meet and if they need the sale, they just might do something that they normally wouldn't do.

Be there in person, ready to sign, but be ready to walk and accept the consequences.
I couldn't agree with you more on when and how to buy a car. I haven't gotten to the point where I feel that I MUST have a 350R. That is why I'm doing my searching now and reaching out to those that have connections, so that I am able to maintain the ability to walk away from a deal if it's not right.

Keep me in mind if an R model pops up on your radar screen.
Sponsored