Sponsored

2018 GT350?

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
I am consolidating my fleet; I recently sold my '82 GT and prepping my '04 Lightning f/s. I see a '77-'78 Lincoln Mk V on the horizon as a future project (521 ci BBF).

In the meantime I am either going to go Vortech SC on my unmoddified 7.5k mi pristine GT or order a 2018 GT350. Either way I plan on keeping one or the other a long time.

The GT is paid for, and with an additional $7k and my labor I can add 150 HP on pump gas. For $30k (plus $12k in depreciation) I can have an exciting, truely unique Mustang in my garage. Will the GT350 hold its value and mitigate at least the depreciation on the GT?

Boost or Revs, emotionally it's almost a toss up.
Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I need a time machine to buy your 82 GT!

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
Test drive a GT350, that will answer all your questions AND make your decision for you.

OP
OP
Shawnski

Shawnski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whatever I need
Well, I am going GT350! Worked out a deal for a '17 in route to a local dealer and trade on my '16 GT. I would have ordered Lightning Blue, but I am good with understated Magnetic, no strips. Tech package and car cover optioned.

This will be my 8th Mustang since 1988, and cool with my decision to go this route instead of modding my '16.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Iam one step further along than you were. I have a modded 15, whipple supercharged and a whole lot of other goodies. Just uncovered an Avalanche grey with black stripes for 1K below MSRP plus a cover. A test drive will confirm whether Iam going that route or not. the boost is awesome but lets be real in the sense that your not into the pedal for long and your well into the triple digits on the speedo. If I do this its just because of the Shelby cobra and the voodoo engine. Nothing like it on the road. Have fun with your new ride. :cheers::thumbsup:

chitlins37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Magnetic GT350R / 70' Buick Skylark
Iam one step further along than you were. I have a modded 15, whipple supercharged and a whole lot of other goodies. Just uncovered an Avalanche grey with black stripes for 1K below MSRP plus a cover. A test drive will confirm whether Iam going that route or not. the boost is awesome but lets be real in the sense that your not into the pedal for long and your well into the triple digits on the speedo. If I do this its just because of the Shelby cobra and the voodoo engine. Nothing like it on the road. Have fun with your new ride. :cheers::thumbsup:
Hey Jeff nice ride man! I was wondering if there is a backstory on the red coyote badge or is it purely cosmetic? I see them periodically and have been curious. Unless the lower end take-off really REALLY annoys you I think you will be sold on the GT350 after that test drive...after a few minutes of warm-up highly recommend hearing it above 4-5k RPMs once or twice during your test drive :)
Sponsored