Sponsored

2017 GT PPP - OEM Battery

FLYIN4D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Mine is reading 13.0v on the gauge. I thought it was a little higher than that not too long ago. It’s still the factory original. What does yours read?
Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
That's normal. The computer controls the Alternators charge based on vehicle need.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, it doesnt keep a set voltage. The computer charges it when its low and lets it ride when its high.

If its the stock battery, I’d go ahead and replace if it makes it to 36 months old. They dont seem to last much longer than that. I guess it depends on how much you like surprises :)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Yeah, it doesnt keep a set voltage. The computer charges it when its low and lets it ride when its high.

If its the stock battery, I’d go ahead and replace if it makes it to 36 months old. They dont seem to last much longer than that. I guess it depends on how much you like surprises :)
Of all the cars my parents and I have experienced, we have yet to replace a battery until atleast 5 years. I'll test the mustang on that. Though my parents drive their cars tons on the highway compared to the mustang that sits in the garage more often.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the cars my parents and I have experienced, we have yet to replace a battery until atleast 5 years. I'll test the mustang on that. Though my parents drive their cars tons on the highway compared to the mustang that sits in the garage more often.
Mine died at just under 2 years, definitely YMMV on these cars. Previously was in the same boat as you.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
My battery is original and at 4yrs and 14k mi...not sure of the manufacturer but if it's like the factory batteries I've had in previous Fords it should make it 2-3 more yrs..

Ronin5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTP Stage 1
Mine is usually at 14.4v, It's not a DD but has no issues so far. It can go a week/10 days w/o a start but usually by then the weather clears. It will get out mush more soon.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The production line batteries are not the same as the Motorcraft ones the dealer replaces them with. Mine died at 30 mos.
Sponsored