Sponsored

2016 GT suspension recommendations

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
How serious is that issue? The shop is saying Monday is when they will have a bay open again.
Probably not a big deal. Maybe avoid full lock. Not sure what links you have. I do recommend that they go on the front side of the strut.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Those camber bolts are not great compared to camber plates. You’ll get what you can get.
On this topic, I'm actually looking to get a set of camber plates, but I'm not sure which to go for, mainly between the J&M Fully Adjustable Camber/Caster plates and the BMR plates.

I know Vorshlag sets are considered the GOAT, but I'm tepid on 2.5-3 times the price. To be clear/restate with my goals, I'm looking to get -2.3 degrees of camber/7 degrees caster at the front and be usable for both daily driving and occasional HPDE/track day.

If the adjustability of the J&M's aren't necessary, then I'll go for the BMRs, but if either are unreliable or likely to fail, then please give other suggestions. I know Steeda has a decent reputation and as i said Vorshlag.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
On this topic, I'm actually looking to get a set of camber plates, but I'm not sure which to go for, mainly between the J&M Fully Adjustable Camber/Caster plates and the BMR plates.

I know Vorshlag sets are considered the GOAT, but I'm tepid on 2.5-3 times the price. To be clear/restate with my goals, I'm looking to get -2.3 degrees of camber/7 degrees caster at the front and be usable for both daily driving and occasional HPDE/track day.

If the adjustability of the J&M's aren't necessary, then I'll go for the BMRs, but if either are unreliable or likely to fail, then please give other suggestions. I know Steeda has a decent reputation and as i said Vorshlag.
I just ordered a set of MMRs which came in last week. Looks to be quality and more camber than MM plates. Well priced too

B13D6BB6-AAED-446E-8DCE-EE8B595545CD.jpeg

79AD7621-3213-40BE-B46B-74784D0227EE.jpeg

D100A9EB-4BB0-4686-B973-855BDA1F21AA.jpeg

A04F212B-323F-429E-9B8B-6C1DEA4B9812.jpeg

FD521B0A-AE8B-4784-A302-02CBF0B5F4A2.jpeg

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
I just ordered a set of MMRs which came in last week. Looks to be quality and more camber than MM plates. Well priced too

B13D6BB6-AAED-446E-8DCE-EE8B595545CD.jpeg

79AD7621-3213-40BE-B46B-74784D0227EE.jpeg

D100A9EB-4BB0-4686-B973-855BDA1F21AA.jpeg

A04F212B-323F-429E-9B8B-6C1DEA4B9812.jpeg

FD521B0A-AE8B-4784-A302-02CBF0B5F4A2.jpeg
Those do look super nice, any idea of any issues with installing with the Track Shock & Strut Kit? (Ford # M-18000-F)

I know you just got them, but I'm checking with you before I check with them haha

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Those do look super nice, any idea of any issues with installing with the Track Shock & Strut Kit? (Ford # M-18000-F)

I know you just got them, but I'm checking with you before I check with them haha
shouldn’t be any issues being that they are OEM style dampers but it’ll be some time before I know because I just had to drop the car off at the dealership for work

Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
shouldn’t be any issues being that they are OEM style dampers but it’ll be some time before I know because I just had to drop the car off at the dealership for work
I gotcha, that makes sense.

Honestly I've been seeing too many good things about the Vorshlag set, and not enough assurances on any of the other options. Half my suspension is BMR, and I've had no problems with their products. But everyone raves about Vorshlag, but again 3x the price?

Hotrodding is hard stuff man. (Not really but still)

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

Honestly I've been seeing too many good things about the Vorshlag set, and not enough assurances on any of the other options. Half my suspension is BMR, and I've had no problems with their products. But everyone raves about Vorshlag, but again 3x the price?

I hear you on the price. I will say it’s worth it if you track your car and need more than 2.5* of camber. Otherwise I think J&M, MM and Steeda are all solid options

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I hear you on the price. I will say it’s worth it if you track your car and need more than 2.5* of camber. Otherwise I think J&M, MM and Steeda are all solid options
We have a forum code / Military Discount on the Steeda plates ... let me know if I can ever asisst!

TJ

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1

MM has great quality and great customer service. I swapped my suspension over the weekend, my car had MM plates anyway, I managed to snap a bolt/stud on their camber plates and used the FR. Just to have a set on hand I called MM yesterday and they got me what I needed. The freight cost more than the part.

Even on the track unless on pro level I can't imagine needing more than -2.5 camber. The idea with the plates is marking good setups and being able to get there, from street numbers.

A dropped car with steedas RC kit, you should easily get to stock camber, but adjusting to track and back, is (to my understanding) not feasible or not easy. I dont recall how much Caster you can give or take with MM but there is adjustment with that. On the fr stuff I'm at 7.5, id like to be back more 7-7.25, but its not imperative at the moment.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
We have a forum code / Military Discount on the Steeda plates ... let me know if I can ever asisst!

TJ
Sweet, I've been super happy with Steeda's customer service and parts!

MM has great quality and great customer service. I swapped my suspension over the weekend, my car had MM plates anyway, I managed to snap a bolt/stud on their camber plates and used the FR. Just to have a set on hand I called MM yesterday and they got me what I needed. The freight cost more than the part.

Even on the track unless on pro level I can't imagine needing more than -2.5 camber. The idea with the plates is marking good setups and being able to get there, from street numbers.

A dropped car with steedas RC kit, you should easily get to stock camber, but adjusting to track and back, is (to my understanding) not feasible or not easy. I dont recall how much Caster you can give or take with MM but there is adjustment with that. On the fr stuff I'm at 7.5, id like to be back more 7-7.25, but its not imperative at the moment.
Too many products out here lmao.

So far I'm down to;

Vorshlag, MM J&M or MMR

Also, given I already have camber bolts installed, should I buy replacement OEM upper strut bolts/nuts?

(MM also suggests replacing the Strut Shaft nut, Front Stabilizer Link Nut and Front Caliper nut with their plates, would that apply to all the plates?)

Sponsored

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1

So far I'm down to;

Vorshlag, MM J&M or MMR

Also, given I already have camber bolts installed, should I buy replacement OEM upper strut bolts/nuts?

(MM also suggests replacing the Strut Shaft nut, Front Stabilizer Link Nut and Front Caliper nut with their plates, would that apply to all the plates?)
Definitely toss the camber bolts

Would apply to anything unbolted (according to ford) everything is apparently to be tossed/ ford.

When i pulled my stuff apart over the weekend. I used new main strut bolts, everything else got blue loctite, but I also intend on pulling a lot of it apart again. The next time I will replace everything because I wont have anything else to take apart again, for modding.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra

So far I'm down to;

Vorshlag, MM J&M or MMR

I would toss the camber bolts. At some point during my ownership a shop installed them without my knowledge. I never really checked because I didn’t have any reason too.

Well I found out I had them the hard way. The bolts slipped causing my alignment to be off. The inner lip of the wheel made contact with the strut. Now I have a nice ring around the wheel. Immediately installed OEM bolts. I know people use them without issues but not worth it in my opinion.

I would get all new hardware as far as nuts and bolts go. Inexpensive and peace of mind

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
Definitely toss the camber bolts

Would apply to anything unbolted (according to ford) everything is apparently to be tossed/ ford.

When i pulled my stuff apart over the weekend. I used new main strut bolts, everything else got blue loctite, but I also intend on pulling a lot of it apart again. The next time I will replace everything because I wont have anything else to take apart again, for modding.
I would toss the camber bolts. At some point during my ownership a shop installed them without my knowledge. I never really checked because I didn’t have any reason too.

Well I found out I had them the hard way. The bolts slipped causing my alignment to be off. The inner lip of the wheel made contact with the strut. Now I have a nice ring around the wheel. Immediately installed OEM bolts. I know people use them without issues but not worth it in my opinion.

I would get all new hardware as far as nuts and bolts go. Inexpensive and peace of mind
Understood, went with the MM after giving them a call to check that they would fit with the Track Pack. Also bought the bolts and nuts since they stocked them as well. Thanks for the help, everyone!

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1

My buddy the Ford tech just told me the other day, he tried camber bolts and tossed them after 4 trips through the rack

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
So, just got the helmet, got the plates.
Just going to outline my other preparations for going to the track, and any good advice for before and afterwards;

I have a set of SVE X500 19x10 wheels that I want to get 285/35R19 Supercar 3s on. Would a trailer be worth the expense for safety, or should I just get the wheels on, go to the track and then drive home on the Supercars before swapping them off?

Hearing from a friend of mine, I should expect for Murphy's law to come in effect. Anything that seems especially prone to breakage under stress/I should buy a replacement for?
Sponsored