Sponsored

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I think the ATS-V will offer a decent showing. It probably will out do the GT/PP. The GT350? I don't know.

What it will do better than the GT350 is transition from road to track and back again much better due to the magnetic suspension.

I wish that GM could have figured out the heat issue with the LT1 in the ATS-V. Having that motor in the car would have been sweet and offered a contrast to the turbo Germans. It makes me wonder how it will be solved for the next gen Camaro.
Where did you read that there was a heat issue with the LT1 in the ATS? Never heard of such thing and find that very hard to believe, especially considering they're dropping a twin turbo 6 in the car..
Sponsored

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
You guys are comparing luxury cars and mainstream cars. The value for performance is not going to be there, hence the "luxury" part of the equation.

An ATS-V should have no problem outrunning a GT PP, it has similar hp and less weight.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Where did you read that there was a heat issue with the LT1 in the ATS? Never heard of such thing and find that very hard to believe, especially considering they're dropping a twin turbo 6 in the car..
I can't find it and I agree, if the LT1 had heat issues, a turbo should as well. Maybe it was a Camaro board as that car will be based on the same platform. I could be completely remembering it wrong too.

I still wish that the NA LT1 had found it's way into the ATS-V.

I saw pics and it is a pretty nice looking car. I think the Stingray and the CTS Coupe are probably the best looking cars GM makes right now.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I'd be hesitant to get one because I'm not a fan of forced induction; more and more manufacturers are going that way, but I'm going to stick with N/A as long as I possibly can.

The bigger problem, I think, is the general image of Cadillac as an "old man's car." When I was cross-shopping cars to buy if I didn't get my Mustang, the ATS was one of them, and my 65 year old mother said "ew, no, you can't get that, that's a car for old people." They just don't have the same coolness factor that BMW or Mercedes have.

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'd be hesitant to get one because I'm not a fan of forced induction; more and more manufacturers are going that way, but I'm going to stick with N/A as long as I possibly can.

The bigger problem, I think, is the general image of Cadillac as an "old man's car." When I was cross-shopping cars to buy if I didn't get my Mustang, the ATS was one of them, and my 65 year old mother said "ew, no, you can't get that, that's a car for old people." They just don't have the same coolness factor that BMW or Mercedes have.
BMW and Mercedes have more prestige than Cadillac.. An opinion from a 65 year old that Cadillac is an old person's car though? I'm generalizing, but 60+ year old person probably doesn't know much about cars that have been coming out lately. I don't know anyone in their 20s,30s, or 40s that think Caddy is an old person's car, nor would I care what they think.

Sponsored

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The ATS-V should be a monster of a performer while being comfortable. Out of what I'd want to spend new, but might be something to look at in a few years.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
An amazing 4 door family car and an amazing track monster. This thing will eat the gtpp for breakfast and it seems to be a rival for the gt 350. The problem is, if GM somehow manages to drop the camaro weight down to 3600 lb range and puts the lt1 engine in, then the ATS V will be pointless for that price.

FL4T

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
An amazing 4 door family car and an amazing track monster. This thing will eat the gtpp for breakfast and it seems to be a rival for the gt 350. The problem is, if GM somehow manages to drop the camaro weight down to 3600 lb range and puts the lt1 engine in, then the ATS V will be pointless for that price.
It will beat a GT PP, but will be no competition for 350.. I'm more of a GM guy, but I'm not brainwashed. Camaro will LT1 will not weigh 3600, but will be very competitive weight wise to Mustang.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
The problem is, if GM somehow manages to drop the camaro weight down to 3600 lb range and puts the lt1 engine in, then the ATS V will be pointless for that price.
There will always be those who want luxury appointments and tech or the badge so the ATS-V will sell just fine.

Your average C63 or M3/4 buyer won't look at a Mustang or Camaro but may look at a caddy.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Damn the Coupe version is FUGLY

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Really like this car, lower weight(3600), more power & TQ and super easy to tune for major hp gains. It will likely have amazing handling with the magnetic shocks also.
What i dont like is the price and the overall styling. It will likely be priced about the same as the upcoming GT350 if not more.

I liked the 2nd generation edgy design from Caddy, these latest angles don't quite look right. I also think Cadillac would look good in an angular shooting brake design in ATS-V style. But smaller. (Kinda like an audi RS3.)

Those cars are getting bigger & bigger too.

edit: That is not meant to say I don't like the styling of this newer 2016. Those lines are more subtle & to my liking.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Reports are that the ats v will 0-60 in LESS THAN 4 SECONDS. That is seriously quick. It will be another great car I get to see at the LA autoshow in the morning. While I am most excited (by a long shot) about the gt350, there are several really nice cars that will be there!!!

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If that ATS-V had the LT1 I'd be giving it a very hard look. But, with the TT-V6, not really interested. Very glad the GT350 is naturally aspirated.

-T
Sponsored