Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bones
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE MT
Vehicle Showcase
He waded through the used market for awhile and couldn't find anything less then mid 50k back then. I found two(both 1st day listings) at the same dealer for 48k, both under 2k miles and coupes...called the dealer and asked why so cheap and they told us about the retired ex v-performance cars. He offered 44k otd and picked it up that night. Look for super low mileage cars that are priced to good to be true. It took us awhile to find one though and they both sold that night so you need a little bit of luck also.

It looks like 2016 CPO they're going for about 38-39k right now, you're not that far off at least. Good Luck and you won't be disappointed!
Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I don't think it would even be close. The Caddy would put buses on the Ecoboost.

ATS-V has 464 hp and around 3800 pounds of weight.
Boost has 350-375(guessing) tuned and around 3500 pounds of weight.

The boost needs a turbo upgrade to even have a chance.
Caddy is not 464 wheel hp, those are crank numbers. The V is probably 390-410 wheel hp. So it might be close

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Caddy is not 464 wheel hp, those are crank numbers. The V is probably 390-410 wheel hp. So it might be close
You don't say? Hmm... where did I say I was quoting crank or wheel? Oh, I didn't... I was quoting crank numbers for both cars. A stock ecoboost is 310. You add a tune, you figure 50 hp or so. I gave the ecoboost the benefit of the doubt and said 375 hp. Ecoboost would be at 375 crank and Caddy at 464 crank. You see why an ecoboost wouldn't win now?

I stand by my statement. It won't be a close race. Even with a tuned ecoboost, the Caddy has 75-100 hp more.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
You don't say? Hmm... where did I say I was quoting crank or wheel? Oh, I didn't... I was quoting crank numbers for both cars. A stock ecoboost is 310. You add a tune, you figure 50 hp or so. I gave the ecoboost the benefit of the doubt and said 375 hp. Ecoboost would be at 375 crank and Caddy at 464 crank. You see why an ecoboost wouldn't win now?

I stand by my statement. It won't be a close race. Even with a tuned ecoboost, the Caddy has 75-100 hp more.
Hey dude chill out. Who pissed in your cereal this morning? I made a simple comment. The original poster of the thread said tuned ecoboost vs stock ats. So my comment was valid and you should learn to relax. Also maybe stick to s197 knowledge cause you clearly don't know what your talking about when it comes to an eco. Have a good one

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Hey dude chill out. Who pissed in your cereal this morning? I made a simple comment. The original poster of the thread said tuned ecoboost vs stock ats. So my comment was valid and you should learn to relax. Also maybe stick to s197 knowledge cause you clearly don't know what your talking about when it comes to an eco. Have a good one
Sorry if I came on a little aggressive there man. But I know the difference between hp at the crank and at the wheels. You can compare cars with either method as long as the comparison is uniform. I do wish car manufacturers would list hp at the wheels on the car specification sheet when you buy it. Believe it or not, I used to own a 2016 Mustang ecoboost that I modified. It was the color guard. Beautiful color. So I do believe I'm qualified to have an opinion in this thread. I have knowledge of the S197 and S550 platform.

I believe you came from a Chally and haven't had your ecoboost too long right?

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Sorry if I came on a little aggressive there man. But I know the difference between hp at the crank and at the wheels. You can compare cars with either method as long as the comparison is uniform. I do wish car manufacturers would list hp at the wheels on the car specification sheet when you buy it. Believe it or not, I used to own a 2016 Mustang ecoboost that I modified. It was the color guard. Beautiful color. So I do believe I'm qualified to have an opinion in this thread. I have knowledge of the S197 and S550 platform.

I believe you came from a Chally and haven't had your ecoboost too long right?
I have no issues with you having an opinion, just dont appreciate being attacked due to a simple constructive comment I made. Appreciate the apologie. And yes I had a Challenger, 2 s197's, a z06 etc. When I said it could be close I'm going off the assumption the eco is around 350 whp obviously depends on mods.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I do wish car manufacturers would list hp at the wheels on the car specification sheet when you buy it.

With the variations in types of chassis dynos, calibrations, local air quality, local fuel availability, and even things like tire pressures and wear, getting wheel HP from a manufacturer will never happen.

OP
OP

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
I think the ATS-V will have a much better power curve too. I only make power starting arouns 3800 rpm to about 5500
Sponsored