Sponsored

2016 Cadillac ATS-V

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Really like this car, lower weight(3600), more power & TQ and super easy to tune for major hp gains. It will likely have amazing handling with the magnetic shocks also.
What i dont like is the price and the overall styling. It will likely be priced about the same as the upcoming GT350 if not more.
Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Although they seem similar, I think the leg-up for the ATS-V will be its engine... I bet it'll have more torque down low and, because of that, it'll be more fun around town. Maybe it won't beat a GT PP around the track but I'd imagine it would be great as a cruiser with the low end torque and magneride. Of course, this is all pure speculation.

However, at that price point, I think it'll be interesting putting it up against the GT-350

4cars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
A few months ago I seriously considered a Cadillac Coupe. I joined the Cadillac forums and after reading some of the nightmares that people are experiencing with rough idle, smelly A/C and bad pistons.... I walked away. GM has no fixes for the smelly A/C and combine that with their recent recall response or lack there of, I just wouldn't take the risk.

That new ATS Coupe looks nice but it is Waaaaay overpriced.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
Maybe it won't beat a GT PP around the track but I'd imagine it would be great as a cruiser with the low end torque and magneride. Of course, this is all pure speculation.

However, at that price point, I think it'll be interesting putting it up against the GT-350
According to GM it will "kill the M4." If there is any truth to that statement, the GT PP won't be able to keep up on the track. I agree that's it definitely looks like it will be a fun car. I have to see it in person first, but right now I am thinking I would prefer the M3/M4 in the styling department. The Cadillacs look nice but it just doesn't do it for me.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Honestly..Cadillac culture is a huge turn-off for me. The snobby nature of the brand, GM's attitudes towards it and its own CEO makes me dislike it even more.

Yeah it'll outperform a GTPP, the trade off is you look like a massive tool doing it.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I prefer the ATS-V over the M4, and I think GM will have the chassis tuning dialed in much better than the M4 (which seems like a somewhat poor handling car based on several reviews).

However, I do not like the idea of the turbos (even though they can probably be easily tuned for big power gains). If GM had put in the LT1 from the Vette, I would be much more interested. It would probably be a bit slower actually, but I think it would have much more character. However, given that Cadillac is basically trying to beat BMW at their own game, I totally understand why they went with the turbo-V6.

I'll stick with a GT/PP with some mods, or maybe a GT350.

-T

91z28350

Obsessed with Horse Power
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JAMES
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500 - 837 RWHP AND COUNTING
Wow, looks like a kick ass car!

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I prefer the ATS-V over the M4, and I think GM will have the chassis tuning dialed in much better than the M4 (which seems like a somewhat poor handling car based on several reviews).

However, I do not like the idea of the turbos (even though they can probably be easily tuned for big power gains). If GM had put in the LT1 from the Vette, I would be much more interested. It would probably be a bit slower actually, but I think it would have much more character. However, given that Cadillac is basically trying to beat BMW at their own game, I totally understand why they went with the turbo-V6.

I'll stick with a GT/PP with some mods, or maybe a GT350.

-T
Look for the CTS-V to get the big V-8 in it. That's my bet.

JoeC1982

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ATS 2.0T
I have a 2013 ATS 2.0T and its a very nice car and pretty quick with the Diablo tune. The ATS-V i think will look better in sedan form but haven't seen it yet, this platform is quite good and it will be very interesting to see how the new Camaro turns out.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Im really interested in the ATS-V and have been since the rumors started two years ago. I cant figure out why they went with a two door instead of a four door. To me this kills off half of the potential buyers.

For those that complain about the price their will be a Buick GNX option that will be released in 2017. Its supposed to be the same car with less luxury and a price in the low 50s. Im not sure how I will feel about getting smoked by a Buick if I end up having to buy a car before they are released.

I have co-workers that visit the ring in Germany. He said that they were testing the GT350 and the ATS-V at the same time. He said the ATS-V was up the tailpipe of the GT350 multiple times making a point. When cars are on the track they are obviously testing so who knows what configuration the GT350 was in and or if they were taking it easy. Im assuming the ATS-V will beat the GT PP handily and probably give the GT350 (non R) a run for its money. I still believe the GT350 will come out on top, however.

Sponsored

JBsC6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 black c6 z51 m6 with npp
Gt350 will smoke the ATS V on the track....

Tt v8 no contest!

We will see slain hellcats rain from the sky!

Lol

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
ATS-V is gunning for the M4 so I'd expect performance on par with it as a $5-$10k cheaper price.

At 3,600lbs in a luxury car bodes will for the 2016 Camaro. Probably a similar weight for the SS.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I think the ATS-V will offer a decent showing. It probably will out do the GT/PP. The GT350? I don't know.

What it will do better than the GT350 is transition from road to track and back again much better due to the magnetic suspension.

I wish that GM could have figured out the heat issue with the LT1 in the ATS-V. Having that motor in the car would have been sweet and offered a contrast to the turbo Germans. It makes me wonder how it will be solved for the next gen Camaro.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Looks decent. I can't stand the piano black shiny interior though. Something about the exterior proportions look odd too...seems smushed. That's just my opinion, though.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
With a price tag of probably 60 to 65K it ought to be able to beat my GT. I just think of what I could do if I had 20 to 30K to throw at mine for performance mods. It would eat that thing alive.

Congrats to GM but too pricey for me.
Sponsored