Sponsored

2015 mustangPP vs challenger

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Help! lol. I cant make up mind. 2015 mustang pp stick shift vs the challenger scat pack/ srt. I was excited like any other mustang enthusiast when I found out ford decided to make some changes as far as interior, exterior and power. That was until watched a couple of videos on YouTube/ American muscle channel. I was expecting mid to high 12 but instead I saw low 13s. my biggest concern was the wheel hop and it slower then the 2014 5.0. I was highly disappointed. Then I started to look at the challenger. I know the car is as long as the name and its heavy as hell but it makes great power runs in the 12, sounds great and I haven't seen a track video where the challenger was hoping all over the place. I know the IRS is great for the track but maybe not for the drag strip? Is it the IRS causing the wheel hop or the tires? I don't want to buy a $45000 car and have to worry about the suspension. I want to do mild mods. Cold air, exhaust tune. Maybe one day a supercharger. Plus I don't like the black wheels on the mustang PP. Does anybody know if you can order the 20s with the PP? Will ford let you do that? Will the 20s slow the car down? do they weigh more then the 19? Thanks for listening.
Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
The exhaust bouncing is not wheep hop. (only one of AMs GTs is doing that so something is loose) Motor trend just tested 1/4 again and ran 12.8.

w0ss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
I am cross shopping both and I am almost 100% on the mustang now. I had the mustang removed from my list early on and then saw a video of the new 2015 interior and it looks world's above the 2014 although the same could be said for the Challenger. It is a tough choice!

Trevon

97 Hummer, 15 GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP Recaro
I forced myself to check out everything available and I hated the Challenger.

1. The Dodge saleslady was a rude, unintelligent moron.
2. It was colossal. I didn't even want to test drive it, it felt bigger and more cumbersome than the H1.

The PP only comes with 19's. Might be biased on this forum but I just didn't like the Challenger. And I didn't care for the looks of the Camaro, what, with the ruined taillights and everything.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
They really are different cars. Try to think about them past their looks and nameplates and pretend they're shapeless pieces of sheetmetal on a set of wheels.

What would you prefer? A practical, large, roomy car with a big engine? Or a smaller, lighter, sportier car... with a big engine. The Challenger can probably fit twice as many dead bodies in its trunk, for what it's worth.

w0ss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
I test drove a manual scat pack and the first thing that hits you is there is so much room inside. Also the exhaust just sounds so nice. I am still on the fence but after test driving the challenger I am drifting in that direction again...

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I test drove a manual scat pack and the first thing that hits you is there is so much room inside. Also the exhaust just sounds so nice. I am still on the fence but after test driving the challenger I am drifting in that direction again...
I know this new one is better but the test drive convinced me the Challenger was not going to turn. It really is a good cruiser, my parents would enjoy it.

Seriously I thought I was dragging the rocker through a turn, this was a previous model year.

It depends what you want to do with it, the Mustang is small, new one has more room but personally I could never deal with it as a DD. This is where the Challenger wins, but they really are aimed at different customers.

Sponsored

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
It depends what you want to do with it, the Mustang is small, new one has more room but personally I could never deal with it as a DD. This is where the Challenger wins, but they really are aimed at different customers.
That's exactly what I tell people when they ask me for my opinion on the 3 different cars. They're different cars, for different people, for different situations.

If you're into track days, super twisty roads and a more sports-car feel, don't even bother with the Challenger, the Mustang or 1LE is your car.

If you're looking for a powerful, *competent* car in the corners but more of a 1/4 Mile warrior that is super comfortable as a DD/ 1/4 mile car, the ScatPack is likely your car.

If you basically have given up on cars all together, buy a Camaro.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Only one little edit involving less than a full word . . . otherwise it's very much the way I see it :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I tell people when they ask me for my opinion on the 3 different cars. They're different cars, for different people, for different situations.

If you're into track days, super twisty roads and a more sports-car feel, don't even bother with the Challenger, the Mustang or 1LE is your car.

If you're looking for a powerful, *competent* car in the corners but more of a 1/4 Mile warrior that is super comfortable as a DD/ 1/4 mile car, the ScatPack is likely your car.

If you basically have given up on cars all together, buy a Camry.

Norm
Sponsored