Sponsored

2015 GT PP vs 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
It is not, but it's important. The SRT8 is a lot more comfortable than a Mustang than a Mustang is a better performer than the SRT8. Majority won't take these cars to the track.

You do have a point, I don't see most people tracking these cars. With me, I have been to a track a few times and am hooked. The next car I get will need to perform well on the track and the street for daily driving. I wasn't impressed with the interior of the current camaro and although I love the looks of the challenger i can't bring myself to spend 40k for a Chrysler product nor do I want that kind of weight for a track car. Again, that's me and not everyone but that is why I choose the stang.

Also, just driving a track once...my god after one lap I was hooked! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Once again..the SRT8 might have straight line and overstuffed seats with great headroom but you feel like your driving a 2 door sedan and then all the problems and build quality shine through the comfort....like i said it's fun to say "I drove a Challenger and it was great!" try living with one eventually all the BS will end your smiles. How would I know right?
Will you ever get to your point? Any car can have issues. I have no idea what problems you have had with your Challenger. Again, my cousin's 07 Charger runs like a charm besides the rattle on the right side of dash. Sister in law's brother's 2012 Mustang rear end blew up with a few thousand miles on it.. I'm not going to bitch about the quality of Mustang in general because of it.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
You do have a point, I don't see most people tracking these cars. With me, I have been to a track a few times and am hooked. The next car I get will need to perform well on the track and the street for daily driving. I wasn't impressed with the interior of the current camaro and although I love the looks of the challenger i can't bring myself to spend 40k for a Chrysler product nor do I want that kind of weight for a track car. Again, that's me and not everyone but that is why I choose the stang.

Also, just driving a track once...my god after one lap I was hooked! Lol

And you're making the right decision with Mustang for the track. I just don't get all the hate people have for a particular brand or car and most of it is unwarranted.

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
And you're making the right decision with Mustang for the track. I just don't get all the hate people have for a particular brand or car and most of it is unwarranted.

I agree. Then again maybe I don't because I'm not as technically inclined as some here. However, each car has it's place for the rest of us. Some want a cruiser/straight line beast, some want a track car and some want...whatever it is that Chevy thing does :-D lol

To each his own, I doubt I would buy it, but I'm eager to see what the 2016 camaro will be like. I'm loving all the cross competition and HP wars. As many have said, it's a great time to be an enthusiast!

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
^^ Well said BackOrder. These are different cars that appeal to different people.
There is a performance car for everyone these days. I'm glad the 3 are not competing head on but offering different experiences.

The Mustang to me is the all rounder, has the best interior (the new one) with real metal pieces and a lovely layout/Recaros and as I mentioned seems to be a spiritual successor to the E92 M3. It's more 'tossable' than the others and lastly, I prefer the 5.0 motors response (in the Boss and 14 GT's) and sound to the others, although the 392 has a more powerful engine for sure (while pulling a ton of weight).

Buy what you like and stop trying to convince others why their choice is bad!

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
No hate for Dodge or Chevy, just would never own one of their current cars. Been a Ford guy since I started driving at 16. Guess I can thank my Dad for that.

Now old school muscle, that is entirely different. I would own a split window vette in a heartbeat!

This is a great age we live in with all these cars and their performance. It truly seems like the 60's all over again.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Will you ever get to your point? Any car can have issues. I have no idea what problems you have had with your Challenger. Again, my cousin's 07 Charger runs like a charm besides the rattle on the right side of dash. Sister in law's brother's 2012 Mustang rear end blew up with a few thousand miles on it.. I'm not going to bitch about the quality of Mustang in general because of it.
I've written two reviews on the Challengers here. Go find them.

You seem to want a challenger...why stay here? Go buy the boat.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
Why is it called the scat pack? Some kind of weird scat fetish being worked in under the radar? Kinda weird IMO. I would be embarassed to say "Yeah I got the poop pack" :crazy:

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Why is it called the scat pack? Some kind of weird scat fetish being worked in under the radar? Kinda weird IMO. I would be embarassed to say "Yeah I got the poop pack" :crazy:
2015 Challenger R/T ScatPack!!!!!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Again, that is a problem to you. The extra weight sure makes it a great road trip car and highway cruiser. So comfortable.
So does a Taurus SHO..

But we are talking sports cars. Glad you understand where your priorities are.

Sponsored

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
This is awesome!!!!

2015 Challenger R/T ScatPack!!!!!

I joined this site a few days ago, because I'm muscle car fan, a I'm looking at getting another Mustang to add to my stable. My current Mustang is long in the tooth, and needs to become a garage queen. It was my first car. It was the car I drove in flight school. It will never be sold, too many memories. Anyhow, some of these posts remind me of the "fanboy" posts on Challengertalk (yes I own one of those turds). Lots of Stang Bashing there from mopar fanboys. Most of it is funny banter from guys that are proud of their cars, I get it. But experienced drivers, usually do not participate in brand bashing. Many of the experienced guys have owned Camaros, Stangs and classic muscle. I'm one of the aforementioned. I've also owned my share of imports. Most of the comments here are accurate about Challengers. There are some misconceptions that I'd like to clear up. So here goes:

1. The retro 5.0 GT has offered the best bang for performance dollar since it came out. But not everyone is limited by $$$.

2. The modern Mustang and Camaro are still "Pony Cars," a subset of muscle cars.

3. The Challenger is not a "Pony car." The original barely was. The modern one shares the same shape and name...but it is not a pony. It is a modern muscle car/GT cruiser.

4. The Challenger serves a different market, and has a different function than a Mustang. The Mustang is sports car, small and light like a M4 BMW. The Challenger is big and heavy like a 6 series GT. I doubt M4 drivers bash M6 drivers because their cars are not as agile.

5. Some Challengers handle well. Some Mustangs are not built for turning. The little V6 Stang without PP "floats in turns," even though it is light. It simply needs better sway bars (I travel for a living and always rent V6 Stangs). My SRT can turn well. It can stop well. It has adaptive suspension. It handles better than a non PP V6 Stang. Can it handle as well as a GT with PP? No, but it's no slouch. It handles better than my 88 GT.

6. The modern Camaro, Stang and Challenger offer amazing performance. The fact that they compete means that they ALL improve. I wish I had enough money to own all 3.

7. The SRT interior is not cheap. The car offers almost every option in base form. It is good for cruising, and long trips. It can turn and stop. It is a good drag racer. If modified, it can be good on a curvy track. It costs more than a Stang. Guys like me want both.

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
I joined this site a few days ago, because I'm muscle car fan, a I'm looking at getting another Mustang to add to my stable. My current Mustang is long in the tooth, and needs to become a garage queen. It was my first car. It was the car I drove in flight school. It will never be sold, too many memories. Anyhow, some of these posts remind me of the "fanboy" posts on Challengertalk (yes I own one of those turds). Lots of Stang Bashing there from mopar fanboys. Most of it is funny banter from guys that are proud of their cars, I get it. But experienced drivers, usually do not participate in brand bashing. Many of the experienced guys have owned Camaros, Stangs and classic muscle. I'm one of the aforementioned. I've also owned my share of imports. Most of the comments here are accurate about Challengers. There are some misconceptions that I'd like to clear up. So here goes:

1. The retro 5.0 GT has offered the best bang for performance dollar since it came out. But not everyone is limited by $$$.

2. The modern Mustang and Camaro are still "Pony Cars," a subset of muscle cars.

3. The Challenger is not a "Pony car." The original barely was. The modern one shares the same shape and name...but it is not a pony. It is a modern muscle car/GT cruiser.

4. The Challenger serves a different market, and has a different function than a Mustang. The Mustang is sports car, small and light like a M4 BMW. The Challenger is big and heavy like a 6 series GT. I doubt M4 drivers bash M6 drivers because their cars are not as agile.

5. Some Challengers handle well. Some Mustangs are not built for turning. The little V6 Stang without PP "floats in turns," even though it is light. It simply needs better sway bars (I travel for a living and always rent V6 Stangs). My SRT can turn well. It can stop well. It has adaptive suspension. It handles better than a non PP V6 Stang. Can it handle as well as a GT with PP? No, but it's no slouch. It handles better than my 88 GT.

6. The modern Camaro, Stang and Challenger offer amazing performance. The fact that they compete means that they ALL improve. I wish I had enough money to own all 3.

7. The SRT interior is not cheap. The car offers almost every option in base form. It is good for cruising, and long trips. It can turn and stop. It is a good drag racer. If modified, it can be good on a curvy track. It costs more than a Stang. Guys like me want both.
Great post, and so true about Challengertalk. I couldn't begin to tell you about how much vitriol I've had flung at me on that site for giving honest assessments about Challengers and the competition. And I don't even bash the car. I'm even strongly leaning toward buying a Scat Pack. But when I first joined the site, because I acknowledge the weaknesses as well as strengths of Challengers I got bashed, flamed and insulted, and as a cherry on top it resulted in me being banned simply because one of my retorts contained mildly snide sarcasm. I still post there but now I recognize the blatant double standard and nepotism among the moderation staff, so I just don't give them the slightest excuse. When one of the regulars (who are allowed to behave anyway they please) bates me I simply report the post and drive on.

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
The vast majority are not fan boys...

Great post, and so true about Challengertalk. I couldn't begin to tell you about how much vitriol I've had flung at me on that site for giving honest assessments about Challengers and the competition. And I don't even bash the car. I'm even strongly leaning toward buying a Scat Pack. But when I first joined the site, because I acknowledge the weaknesses as well as strengths of Challengers I got bashed, flamed and insulted, and as a cherry on top it resulted in me being banned simply because one of my retorts contained mildly snide sarcasm. I still post there but now I recognize the blatant double standard and nepotism among the moderation staff, so I just don't give them the slightest excuse. When one of the regulars (who are allowed to behave anyway they please) bates me I simply report the post and drive on.
If you want a Challenger, consider a M6 SRT. If you skip the expensive sound system, sunroof and get an M6...you can get one for about $45K. I got my 14' for $43K. Why not get a 15' GT? I'm curious about the new GT350. I have a feeling that this car will exceed expectations.

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
If you want a Challenger, consider a M6 SRT. If you skip the expensive sound system, sunroof and get an M6...you can get one for about $45K. I got my 14' for $43K. Why not get a 15' GT? I'm curious about the new GT350. I have a feeling that this car will exceed expectations.
I'm going with a SP because I want the shaker hood, though I'm keeping my mind open for the SRT.

I don't like the exterior design of the GT (from pictures), though my wife and I are going to look at some in person tomorrow, and Challengers. The 1LE and Challenger both have mean, aggressive styling and that's what I like. Unfortunately the Camaro has crappy interior.

Surprise, you can't have it all in one car. :( Every choice has compromises unless you have a huge budget.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback