Sponsored

MotorWeek's Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Damn! so i bought the slowest of the 3? LOL Since i'll never go to a track with it and am not into racing i'll just enjoy my slow GT :)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
DID YOU SEE THE HONKY @$$ DISASTER OF AN INTERIOR IN THE CAMARO? OMG!!!! I just look at that and want to slap on some 22" spinners and cry myself to sleep.

Interesting how the Coyote is >1L smaller than both engines and gets pretty dang close in power (especially to the Camaro). Mustang should be lighter than it is, though... sucks. But you'd think a 6+L engine would produce a lot more?! But... I do like GM V8's, torquey buggers. Torque is fun to have.

But the guy said the Mustang had a nice shifter (huh? did this one have a tremec?) and felt light (ummm, no it doesn't... I guess compared to a boat, sure). Then that huge guy was whining about Recaro seats? Of course he was... those weren't made to fit his well-proportioned figure.

This is just another car review where they like the newer one out more than the one that made everyone else's tail go between their legs. And the fact that damn boat is still considered a "performance car" just negates this entire review.

Boosted5.0_NY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium w/ Performance Package
No regrets on my Mustang purchase! :D :ford::ford:

I can't stand the looks on the Challenger and never cared for the Camaro... Who cares if those two POS came in 1st and 2nd in MotorWeek's review, big freakin' deal...:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Honestly in my buying experience I liked the numbers that the Camaro could put forth but that styling...for years I've been calling it cartoonish that get's old really quick. And then the cubic inch differences make it not even fair.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
brb hate my car, going to trade it in because this video said it was slower

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I've been a GM guy for years. I wanted to like the Camaro but I literally felt like a 3 year old sitting in a bathtub in it and the visibility sucks big time. What's the point of all that performance if you can't see? Not very confidence inspiring. Pass.

Sponsored

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
That's actually fairly close. These cars are made for modifications. Buy the one you like the best then start upgrading. If you're willing to spend a little beyond the purchase price you can embarrass any of the three.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
i laughed when the guy said " the camaro is good at everything, it blah blah blah, blah blah, it brakes, it blah blah blah"

then i realized he meant brakes instead of breaks.

k757

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT V8
interesting videos, but irrelevant to me.

My dad had a 68 Mustang convertible (blue) and I always wanted a Mustang. The Camaro or Dodge never were on my radar. The '15+ looks are outstanding and the power is what it is. Is it faster or slower? irrelevant (again). I'm one of the 4% that will drive this car close to its limits (and beyond), and doing so, makes it fast compared to all of those car-show things. People/magazines can talk, but unless you drive it, it's all just talk.

ramble over, not sure where i was going with that

RRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT A6
Glad my slow stock '15 GT consistently runs 12.6-12.7. I traded in my TBSS for this mustang. Never considered an SS b/c they are just plain ugly to me.
Sponsored