Sponsored

MotorWeek's Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Emphasis is mine. You said it's not close ENOUGH. I disagree. I think it's close enough in performance for buyers to make the decision to buy based on other factors such as styling, price, comfort, visibility, standard features, perceived reliability, etc. Continued high Mustang sales support my opinion.
Are those sales comparisons US only or worldwide?
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Yes. Confident. Especially in places like downtown Chicago traffic with hundred of pedestrians crowding the streets during rush hour.

Now stop beating your chest in a show of manliness and get back to talking about our cars instead of bashing people.
This post gave me a total flashback of several years ago, hitting downtown Chicago right at rush hour, alone, driving a near-windowless service van loaded with industrial components, trying to find a certain street after finding that several exits I intended to use were closed and I was on my own. Sphincter puckering doesn't even begin to describe it. Confident I was not.

So, yeah, visibility is kind of a big deal in those situations.

:lol:

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Like i told you, unless you can click off those times most of the year, it just isnt X second car. Not to me at least. Negative da is great for records. But when cash is on the line you need to be able to depend it can do it the vast majority of the time.
The altitude affects every car. So your Camaro that can't do an 11 because of the positive da is affected. But so is the competitor's car that can only do 12.5 in best air. IOW he's slowed down from his best time by the same amount you are.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
If I have a stereo that can do 125 watts per channel but I never turn it up all the way is it still a 125 watt-per channel system? Yes, it is.
Not even close to the same thing, thanks for playing. Try harder next time.

StangLuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Not even close to the same thing, thanks for playing. Try harder next time.
It's exactly the same thing. Both point to the capabilities of the thing in question. The only difference between the two is driver skill is required to get to the max performance of the car (which doesn't diminish from the car's abilities); one need only turn up the volume knob on the stereo. Other than that it's a perfect analogy.

Sponsored

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
there's no use reasoning w/ these guys, i would just drop it. we will just never see how comparing hardware / instruments / firearms / automobiles with specific specs and benchmarks the same way as they do.

it doesn't really matter, because we know what's right in our minds, and they will continue to look at it their way on what makes sense to them. agree to disagree.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The altitude affects every car. So your Camaro that can't do an 11 because of the positive da is affected. But so is the competitor's car that can only do 12.5 in best air. IOW he's slowed down from his best time by the same amount you are.
Im aware, as ive been drag racing for 3 decades and used to compete in nhra and nmra until a few years ago. I know very well how DA works I couldnt care less if the mustang is slower. Im not debating that its as fast as the camaro. My only deal was is the camaro isnt a true 11 second car.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
All I know is I'm not lending anybody my lambo.:doh::D

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Yes. Confident. Especially in places like downtown Chicago traffic with hundred of pedestrians crowding the streets during rush hour.

Now stop beating your chest in a show of manliness and get back to talking about our cars instead of bashing people.
LOL ok. You act as if the side rear view is any better in the Stang. Or as if the rear window has an oceans view more looking area. Belt line is high on the Camaro, but as I said before, wtf do you need to see directly beside you on the road as you are driving?

I mean what are you doing? Slouching down as far as you can go?

Sponsored

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Im aware, as ive been drag racing for 3 decades and used to compete in nhra and nmra until a few years ago. I know very well how DA works I couldnt care less if the mustang is slower. Im not debating that its as fast as the camaro. My only deal was is the camaro isnt a true 11 second car.
A base SS is more an 11 second car stock than is GT, GT PP, and even a 350.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
A base SS is more an 11 second car stock than is GT, GT PP, and even a 350.
Dammit man. I never said anything to make a comparison to anything ford has. Im simply stating it is not a true 11 second car. Also if you knew anything about drag racing youd know the gt350 no matter the mode gt350 is faster then the camaro. Et is mostly traction based. Trap speed is the real tell. The gt350 is not an easy car launch for those that have drag raced it so far. Based soley off trap alone the camaro is slower. Why you feel the need to defend the camaro when im not bashing it is beyond me.

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Dammit man. I never said anything to make a comparison to anything ford has. Im simply stating it is not a true 11 second car. Also if you knew anything about drag racing youd know the gt350 no matter the mode gt350 is faster then the camaro. Et is mostly traction based. Trap speed is the real tell. The gt350 is not an easy car launch for those that have drag raced it so far. Based soley off trap alone the camaro is slower. Why you feel the need to defend the camaro when im not bashing it is beyond me.

If I KNEW anything about drag racing. Trap was the real tell?

First, you realize you are arguing against your own earlier points. Trap speed us what the car is "capable" of. You stating this after you disclaim what an SS us capable of, reeks of hypocrisy.

2nd Racing is all the components coming together to produce the best time. Can you point me to the winner of drag competitions based iff of ET? Didnt thinks so.

3rd you just embarrassed yourself completely by stating trap is what the 350 is capable of while discrediting the SS. Now please point me to a link of any 350 breaking 11s bone stock in any conditions. So I can tell you how its not credible.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
If I KNEW anything about drag racing. Trap was the real tell?

First, you realize you are arguing against your own earlier points. Trap speed us what the car is "capable" of. You stating this after you disclaim what an SS us capable of, reeks of hypocrisy.

2nd Racing is all the components coming together to produce the best time. Can you point me to the winner of drag competitions based iff of ET? Didnt thinks so.

3rd you just embarrassed yourself completely by stating trap is what the 350 is capable of while discrediting the SS. Now please point me to a link of any 350 breaking 11s bone stock in any conditions. So I can tell you how its not credible.
1st trap is the indication of power. Et is the indication of traction. Im not arguing against anything ive stated. Im far from a hypocrite.

2nd im aware what comes together to make the best time. Drag racing winner is determined by et. :confused::crazy:

3rd. You arent able to follow along very well. I stated the gt350 is a faster car but it is a difficult car to launch. Based soley on et its slower. Race a gt350 from a roll in a camaro and see what happens. Im not discrediting the camaro. If it requires negative da or damn near negative da to turn that 11.9 thats what any intelligent person with racing experience would call a low 12 second car. Let me know when it turns 11s stock all year. Thats a real 11 second car.

Based soley on trap the gt350 is the only car that has an 11 second trap in 1000+ Da, the camaro doesnt. Also ill state it again, i didnt compare it to anything ford was making. Just stating its not a true 11 second car. I only chose to correct you on the gt350 because it wasnt entirely correct. Youre so quick to defend the camaro and bring up mustangs when i didnt say anything about them in comparison. The only person embarrassing themselves is you. If you cant find any embarrassment in your posts, i pitty you.

Car Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
3rd. You arent able to follow along very well. I stated the gt350 is a faster car but it is a difficult car to launch. Based soley on et its slower. Race a gt350 from a roll in a camaro and see what happens. Im not discrediting the camaro. If it requires negative da or damn near negative da to turn that 11.9 thats what any intelligent person with racing experience would call a low 12 second car. Let me know when it turns 11s stock all year. Thats a real 11 second car.

Can you PLEASE stop making this so easy. So what you are arguing is that the Base SS isnt an 11 sec car because most people cant do it, but the 350 is because no people have done it.

Wait even better, is your argument that the SS needs air to get it, but the 350 is so impossible to launch that no one has done it, but its capabilities state it is.

Got it.

Hypocrite has to hypocrite.
Sponsored