Sponsored

2015 GT PP vs 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Which would be faster, the GT with the Performance package or the new Challenger R/T with the Scat Pack, giving it over 485 Horsepower out of its new 392 Hemi
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Which would be faster, the GT with the Performance package or the new Challenger R/T with the Scat Pack, giving it over 485 Horsepower out of its new 392 Hemi
Around COTA...? Or, with Bungee cord tied to the wheel and a brick on the floor..?

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Around COTA...? Or, with Bungee cord tied to the wheel and a brick on the floor..?

How about we put the challenger 2 miles from the edge of the Grand Canyon and do the bungee cord and brick while simultaneously running the GT around COTA and see if the mustang can get a lap in before the chally dies...:-D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's still kinda apples & oranges. Just cause it's technically an R/T it still has an SRT motor. So you would need a GT with a GT500 motor which of course doesn't exist.. Besides the $7k price difference.

Sponsored

Backorder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan...:-(
Straight line with the auto...challenger all day. I don't think you can get that bulldozer to scoot around a track faster than the mustang though.

Edit: with the new IRS and other upgrades, even with the challengers HP advantage I think it'll be a difficult task to beat the stang on a track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It's still kinda apples & oranges. Just cause it's technically an R/T it still has an SRT motor. So you would need a GT with a GT500 motor which of course doesn't exist.. Besides the $7k price difference.
Need a GT500 for what..? tie a bungee to the wheel and throw a brick on the floor...?

Most people have a steering wheel for a reason, if you want strait-line fun, buy a used Vette/Mustang and turbo it.. u have a 10s car..

/end thread

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51

Not really, the Mustang GT has always played with the Challenger SRT8 performance wise, as it's never been in GT500 or ZL1 territory. The same thing applies when it's not the Hellcat version for 2015. It's just now the R/T can get the same motor and come in price wise close to a Premium GT PP. It's a fair comparison and most likely will be cross shopped.

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not really, the Mustang GT has always played with the Challenger SRT8 performance wise, as it's never been in GT500 or ZL1 territory. The same thing applies when it's not the Hellcat version for 2015. It's just now the R/T can get the same motor and come in price wise close to a Premium GT PP. It's a fair comparison and most likely will be cross shopped.
I do agree thet the 6.4 is closer performace wise to the GT than the 5.7 Hemi but still the price difference between the GT & Scat Pack is almost the same as between the 2.3 & 5.0 Mustang, not sure those would be considered comparable..
A base Scat Pack with manual transmission, cloth seats, halogen headlights and no options is $40k

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Need a little more definition.
Which version of "faster" are you looking for?

Faster in a straight line?
Faster around a road course?
Faster to get paid off?
Faster to break down?
Faster to be ready to sell and get something else?

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I really like the look of the Scat Pack but all I can think about is poo every time I hear it....

Sal JC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need a little more definition.
Which version of "faster" are you looking for?

Faster in a straight line?
Faster around a road course?
Faster to get paid off?
Faster to break down?
Faster to be ready to sell and get something else?
Challenger
Mustang
Mustang
Challenger
Challenger

Guess the Challenger wins 3 to 2!

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the 2014 GT's and SRT 392's almost a dead heat? Haven't they both gained HP and TRQ for this year? In a straight line, I do believe the 8 speed in the Chally will be the difference maker, though. Shouldn't be by much.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Mustang vs Challenger

I don't thinks it a fair comparison. Even though the Mustang is a better bang for your hard earned bucks. When you consider, cost, handling and HP to weight ration, the Mustang is the clear winner. Unless of course you are actually racing at the drags for pink slips.

Keep in mind the Challenger is 1.4L larger in displacement and still we are talking a small amount of 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times.

No lets talk real comparisons here. Take the 2015 Mustang GT, put the new Whipple S/C on it and you know what you've got there right? ...

A "Hell Stang". Then lets talk about track times.
Sponsored