Sponsored

2015 GT PP vs 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
:crazy::confused:

I think the Challenger would be braking, while the Ford would be breaking.

On a serious note, I have no idea what you're trying to say. Turning at 100 mph on the highway? Alright then.

Gotta love how people exaggerate the performance of certain cars... One way or the other.

So I take it you don't bang gears with other's on the highway..? You sit at lights..?

I play with Porsches, Mustangs, anything.. and a few dodges that think they have something.

But, you first sentence illustrates what you don't know... how terrible a 4,000+ car actually handles.
(btw.. I'm exiting that turn at 135+ he's backed down to 80mph and barely holding the apex..)
Sponsored

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
So I take it you don't bang gears with other's on the highway..? You sit at lights..?

I play with Porsche, Mustangs, anything.. and a few dodges that think they have something.
I "banged gears" on the street when I was 16-17.. When I was an idiot.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I've driven the car.. There is nothing hard about driving the car. It's comfortable, pulls hard, and is fairly quiet. I've driven a 2007 Charger on multiple occasions with 60k miles and the only issue is a rattle in the far right side of the dash.

Go tell that to all the people driving around in 4000+ pound comfortable sedans. The car isn't going to the racetrack and there are no issues with turning or braking. It's in a different category and if you're not going to the track, it is a better car than Camaro or Mustang. I spend most of my time driving around town or on freeways so if one of these were going to be my only car, I'd say that it would probably be the Challenger.
You have "driven" it...Live with it and experience the poor quality overall. That 392 doesn't make up for all its negatives.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
You seem to fail to understand that 2011 and up had improvements and even my cousin's 2007 Charger has no issues. Just that rattle I guess. The quality is no worse than on a Mustang.

My sister in law's brother's rear differential blew up on his 2012 Mustang while driving down the freeway. Stuff happens.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
You seem to fail to understand that 2011 and up had improvements and even my cousin's 2007 Charger has no issues. Just that rattle I guess. The quality is no worse than on a Mustang.

My sister in law's brother's rear differential blew up on his 2012 Mustang while driving down the freeway. Stuff happens.

Did any of those improvements include removing 500lbs from the car...? It is a massive pig..!

Sponsored

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Did any of those improvements include removing 500lbs from the car...? It is a massive pig..!
Again, that is a problem to you. The extra weight sure makes it a great road trip car and highway cruiser. So comfortable.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
WHen you are on the highways blasting thru a turn at 100mph & accelerating thru it... while the Doge freak is heavily breaking before it.. & almost wipes midway thru the turn.. :tsk: ...all because he though the highway was one big drag strip.. you can laugh & keep on laughing... then laugh some more, because they can't even turn into McDs swiftly..

BTW dragging on the streets does zero... right. Who ever has more rubber wins... whoever doesn't have a pothole, or gravel on their side wins.. it proves nothing, until you get on the highways kid... I had a F150 beat me the other day, because there was nothing for me to put down, except sling gravel at the car behind me. While... on a perfect tarmac 0~60 is 4.3s..

70~120 is where cars flex their muscle, not their rubber.
Like I said in my entire muscle car owning life I have had approx 500 straightline challenges and 0 exit ramp challengers. It's ok though if running as fast as you can into the exit ramp is your thing so be it, have fun.

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Again, that is a problem to you. The extra weight sure makes it a great road trip car and highway cruiser. So comfortable.
Because your first priority is highway ride comfort.

My priority is with how well a car can corner, while still offering great build quality and good ride quality.

Mustang it is.

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Like I said in my entire muscle car owning life I have had approx 500 straightline challenges and 0 exit ramp challengers. It's ok though if running as fast as you can into the exit ramp is your thing so be it, have fun.
Cool story. Go to a road course if you're curious. If not, don't bother. Just means less people to crowd the track when I'm there.

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
It is not, but it's important. The SRT8 is a lot more comfortable than a Mustang than a Mustang is a better performer than the SRT8. Majority won't take these cars to the track.

Sponsored

S550guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It is not, but it's important. The SRT8 is a lot more comfortable than a Mustang than a Mustang is a better performer than the SRT8. Majority won't take these cars to the track.
I see what you're saying, and *mostly* agree...

The reason behind why the Challenger is so comfortable is it's added weight, while also being a Charger in a coupe's costume. As soon as you bring up interior room, the Challenger wins. However, when you bring up driveability, I would hand it to the Mustang, simply because of it's smaller dimensions. If big cars are your thing, awesome. Drive your big cars. But for me, I like having a better sense of where the car is at (sides, front bumper, rear, etc). And better visibility/slightly smaller interior space does it for me because I can easily see where to place the car/where it is at any given time. I'm not just talking about on a race track, but that kind of stuff also helps when driving on public roads as well. The new chassis makes the car plenty comfortable on public roads and commutes, while also offering superior visibility.

/endrant

Overall, I believe the Mustang (especially the '15) would be the superior multi-purpose cruiser and track toy when compared to the new Scat Pack Challenger

(Referencing OP, so relevant......)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I spend most of my time driving around town or on freeways so if one of these were going to be my only car, I'd say that it would probably be the Challenger.
Head on over to challengertalk.com and camaro5.com. You truly seem enamored with those 2 cars vs. the Mustang (I have read all of your posts and it seems you just like to ruffle feathers, etc). This is a Mustang board with fans of said Mustang.

For me, the car is the Mustang. No other questions about it. 2015 GT Fastback with the PP and all the other options. Cannot wait to get the car. Will be perfect for cruising, racing and track meets.:ford:

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
I'm sure the 15 will be a great improvement for every day driving. I hated the rear end hop on the 2012 Mustang when driving over uneven surfaces. I also didn't like that I felt as I was sitting on top of the seat. Loved the seats in the GTO I owned and the way I fit in. My understanding is that seating will be improved for the new Mustang and the stability of course will as well with IRS.

I'll give all of them a chance, but it'll probably come down to new Mustang or 2016 Camaro.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Once again..the SRT8 might have straight line and overstuffed seats with great headroom but you feel like your driving a 2 door sedan and then all the problems and build quality shine through the comfort....like i said it's fun to say "I drove a Challenger and it was great!" try living with one eventually all the BS will end your smiles. How would I know right?

ChefBorOzzy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Head on over to challengertalk.com and camaro5.com. You truly seem enamored with those 2 cars vs. the Mustang (I have read all of your posts and it seems you just like to ruffle feathers, etc). This is a Mustang board with fans of said Mustang.

For me, the car is the Mustang. No other questions about it. 2015 GT Fastback with the PP and all the other options. Cannot wait to get the car. Will be perfect for cruising, racing and track meets.:ford:
I'm ruffling feathers? Sorry that my unbiased opinion bothers you.
Sponsored