Sponsored

MotorWeek's Mustang vs Camaro vs Challenger

MPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When the 2015 Mustang came out it was slam dunk on styling but I and probably a lot of fans were let down by the numbers. The 2016 Camaro got the power and weight reduction we all wanted and expected from the 2015 Mustang when it was still just a rumor. I love all 3 of these because I love what they stand for but the ass end of the Camaro is something I will probably never get used to, the Challenger is just too big and pretty much outdated going on 9 years basically unchanged. I'll take the Mustang. With the $10000 saved that's enough to mod it to whip the other 2.
Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I like how the fatass is the one bitching about the Recaro seats. I'm sorry but the Recaro's are comfortable and great seats. Dude needs to lay off the McDonalds before he complains about the seats. Sorry they aren't lay-z-boys.
I don't like to pick on people because of their weight, but I have to admit I thought the same thing. I'm not a small guy, at 6' 1" and 230lbs., and I have the Recaros in an S197, which look the same to me as the ones in the S550, and I love 'em. Very comfortable, very supportive, and I can't imagine anyone not appreciating them.

Punisher

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro 1SS
40k for possible high 11's. Without touching a thing. Please post vid of said 197 accomplishing said feats stock.
This is accurate. A couple people have already ran high 11's in a bone stock 2016 SS, but it is rare.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I like how the fatass is the one bitching about the Recaro seats. I'm sorry but the Recaro's are comfortable and great seats. Dude needs to lay off the McDonalds before he complains about the seats. Sorry they aren't lay-z-boys.
I'm skinny and I found the Recaros pretty uncomfortable also, when test driving. But the stock regular seats in my base model suit me just fine. Maybe the fatass just needed one with regular seats.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
When the 2015 Mustang came out it was slam dunk on styling but I and probably a lot of fans were let down by the numbers. The 2016 Camaro got the power and weight reduction we all wanted and expected from the 2015 Mustang when it was still just a rumor. I love all 3 of these because I love what they stand for but the ass end of the Camaro is something I will probably never get used to, the Challenger is just too big and pretty much outdated going on 9 years basically unchanged. I'll take the Mustang. With the $10000 saved that's enough to mod it to whip the other 2.
I see very few scat pack Challengers around here. Most I see are the regular R/Ts with the 5.7 V8. Our 5.0s walk those all day long. It's not even hard.

As for the Camaro, base GT vs base SS... last I looked it was around $4k in difference in price. You can buy a lot of mods for that. I'd be annoyed if they were the same price, but Ford is cheaper, so you can still make the argument for a better buy.

I test drove a 5th gen Camaro. Couldn't see shit out of it. They say the 6th gen is worse, so I can't imagine what the thing is like as a daily driver.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I see very few scat pack Challengers around here. Most I see are the regular R/Ts with the 5.7 V8. Our 5.0s walk those all day long. It's not even hard.

As for the Camaro, base GT vs base SS... last I looked it was around $4k in difference in price. You can buy a lot of mods for that. I'd be annoyed if they were the same price, but Ford is cheaper, so you can still make the argument for a better buy.

I test drove a 5th gen Camaro. Couldn't see shit out of it. They say the 6th gen is worse, so I can't imagine what the thing is like as a daily driver.
6th gen is better to see out of. Haven't found anyone who said otherwise. Still not great though haha.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
6th gen is better to see out of. Haven't found anyone who said otherwise. Still not great though haha.
Reviews I saw said worse. But never test drove for myself, so take that with a grain of salt.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Reviews I saw said worse. But never test drove for myself, so take that with a grain of salt.
I don't remember seeing any that said it was worse. I remember some saying that they didn't make it any better. I could be wrong though.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I don't remember seeing any that said it was worse. I remember some saying that they didn't make it any better. I could be wrong though.
Friday after getting off work a black 2SS pulled alongside me but it was in the turning lane. Thing was sweet! Sounded damn good too, passenger rolled down his window and asked about my tires, not wheels (I run Michelins). That was wierd as hell but he was complimentary of my car and me of his. Just a good time to own a late-model Muscle Car :headbang:

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
Friday after getting off work a black 2SS pulled alongside me but it was in the turning lane. Thing was sweet! Sounded damn good too, passenger rolled down his window and asked about my tires, not wheels (I run Michelins). That was wierd as hell but he was complimentary of my car and me of his. Just a good time to own a late-model Muscle Car :headbang:
I had a similar encounter with a Boss owner the other day at a gas station. Sat and talked cars for about 15 minutes. :cheers:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I still want a boss in my stable next to an s550 but having two mustangs and an sti isnt going to happen. Ill have to pick one up once they drop in price more.
Sponsored