Sponsored

2015 GT PP vs 2015 Challenger R/T Scat Pack

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I joined this site a few days ago, because I'm muscle car fan, a I'm looking at getting another Mustang to add to my stable. My current Mustang is long in the tooth, and needs to become a garage queen. It was my first car. It was the car I drove in flight school. It will never be sold, too many memories. Anyhow, some of these posts remind me of the "fanboy" posts on Challengertalk (yes I own one of those turds). Lots of Stang Bashing there from mopar fanboys. Most of it is funny banter from guys that are proud of their cars, I get it. But experienced drivers, usually do not participate in brand bashing. Many of the experienced guys have owned Camaros, Stangs and classic muscle. I'm one of the aforementioned. I've also owned my share of imports. Most of the comments here are accurate about Challengers. There are some misconceptions that I'd like to clear up. So here goes:

1. The retro 5.0 GT has offered the best bang for performance dollar since it came out. But not everyone is limited by $$$.

2. The modern Mustang and Camaro are still "Pony Cars," a subset of muscle cars.

3. The Challenger is not a "Pony car." The original barely was. The modern one shares the same shape and name...but it is not a pony. It is a modern muscle car/GT cruiser.

4. The Challenger serves a different market, and has a different function than a Mustang. The Mustang is sports car, small and light like a M4 BMW. The Challenger is big and heavy like a 6 series GT. I doubt M4 drivers bash M6 drivers because their cars are not as agile.

5. Some Challengers handle well. Some Mustangs are not built for turning. The little V6 Stang without PP "floats in turns," even though it is light. It simply needs better sway bars (I travel for a living and always rent V6 Stangs). My SRT can turn well. It can stop well. It has adaptive suspension. It handles better than a non PP V6 Stang. Can it handle as well as a GT with PP? No, but it's no slouch. It handles better than my 88 GT.

6. The modern Camaro, Stang and Challenger offer amazing performance. The fact that they compete means that they ALL improve. I wish I had enough money to own all 3.

7. The SRT interior is not cheap. The car offers almost every option in base form. It is good for cruising, and long trips. It can turn and stop. It is a good drag racer. If modified, it can be good on a curvy track. It costs more than a Stang. Guys like me want both.
1. I owned a 2010 R/T Classic for 3 years.

2. It was a joke based off the name they chose.

scat

noun

:an animal fecal dropping

Yes I know they also had that name in 68 but come on. It can be perceived as the Crap Pack to those that know the word Scat as Crap.

One thing Challengertalk does is make people a weeee bit sensitive to jokes...btw this is a Mustang site.[emoji106]
Sponsored

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
You can, the 2015 GT PP:ford:
Lots of great things to say about the Mustang but looks-wise it's far from my favorite. The Camaro 1LE and Challenger scream "I'm going to kick your ass". The '15 Mustang screams "I'm a sporty Euro car."

It doesn't look bad per say, but the design just inspires no emotion in me.