• Thread starter motoroid65
  • Start date
  • Watchers 7

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
I read that entire thread. You cherry pick stuff from there. Just like you do here. You like to start arguments. That is a Challenger site. Of course some people over there get tired about hearing you talk Stangs over there. Kind of like the way you talk about Scat Challengers here all the time.
Sponsored

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
I read that entire thread. You cherry pick stuff from there. Just like you do here. You like to start arguments. That is a Challenger site. Of course some people over there get tired about hearing you talk Stangs over there. Kind of like the way you talk about Scat Challengers here all the time.
"Just like you do here"

Show me one example of me doing that. You can't because I don't. In fact, I've never said one bad thing about any member of this forum, ever. You essentially lied.

"Kind of like the way you talk about Scat Challengers here all the time."

I've never said anything contradictory between either website, nor have I had any heated disagreements with anyone on this site, ever. Over 100 posts since March, no arguments. Nothing. Same with the Camaro forum. No arguments with anyone, ever. On neither of those sites do people act like babies when others give objective critiques to their brand.

This exchange with you is the closest thing I've ever had to one here, aaaannnnd low & behold you drive a Challenger. So... what's your screen name on Challengertalk?

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
LOL. I have to laugh at this "test". They drove the Challenger in Sport?? Turned the setting to Track and the "driver" couldn't handle the car? Seriously???

We did a media event here at Summit Point, put all the Hellcats in Track and sent out journalists to drive the cars. They all came back in the same condition they went out. I watched this driver make corrections from improper throttle input at mid-turn, coast when he should have been braking, and fail to use full width of the track in many many places.

Poor driver, plain and simple. Not saying the Hellcat can beat a Z/28, but it should have at least squeaked by the Mustang. Also makes me suspect when all three times are 1:41.8, 1:44.8 and 145.8. Really, they all went .8 in their respective runs??

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Yeah the times look weird, but damn if this is accurate the mustang did really well. I also want to see a real time comparison to a Boss 302. We still don't have that yet. By the way i sensed some jealousy in the force lol. Cheers.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I can't even be bothered to read the thread. I'll take the 3 second Delta in my $34K 300A GT/PP/Recaro parked in my driveway thanks.

PsyopGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Commuter cars
LOL. I have to laugh at this "test". They drove the Challenger in Sport?? Turned the setting to Track and the "driver" couldn't handle the car? Seriously???

We did a media event here at Summit Point, put all the Hellcats in Track and sent out journalists to drive the cars. They all came back in the same condition they went out. I watched this driver make corrections from improper throttle input at mid-turn, coast when he should have been braking, and fail to use full width of the track in many many places.

Poor driver, plain and simple. Not saying the Hellcat can beat a Z/28, but it should have at least squeaked by the Mustang. Also makes me suspect when all three times are 1:41.8, 1:44.8 and 145.8. Really, they all went .8 in their respective runs??
On another road course with longer straights, the Hellcat beat the Mustang GT by 0.44 seconds. With the A8 it's probably about a 4500 pound car. The thing is badass for what it's it, but what it is isn't a track car.

As for getting three .8's in a row, that's not so statistically improbable to the point of unbelievability. There's a 1 in 100 chance all three numbers will match, and how many road tests do all the magazines do every year? Do you think they just made up the numbers?

FATTBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Boss 302
Goat, I agree the Hellcat is no track car, and the engineers from Chrysler were very clear about it when they were here. It is a car that you can take to any type of track you want, lay down respectable numbers, and drive home.

I was in no way suggesting that the Hellcat is a better track star than the Mustang, just appalled that they couldn't drive the car in Track mode, and pull off better numbers. I think they were afraid to push the car hard since I can see in the video that the driver has poor throttle input control (I was a security and performance driving instructor for 10 years).

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Was he that bad of a driver, or just in too far over his head with 707 HP (and knew it)?

Regardless, even if the GTPP and the Hellcat ran identical lap times I'd always pick nimbleness over brute force to get there.

Norm

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Was he that bad of a driver, or just in too far over his head with 707 HP (and knew it)?

Regardless, even if the GTPP and the Hellcat ran identical lap times I'd always pick nimbleness over brute force to get there.

Norm
Something tells me it was a combination of both being less than ideally matched with the Hellcat and knowing he was a bit out of his league with that much power.
Sponsored