Sponsored

0-60 times

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Gosh, yeah, that's interesting. I really hope our friends across the pond get the same performance we do!

I don't! We don't get half the cool cars they do and almost everything that comes across is either screwed up or de-tuned. I say return the favor!:lol:
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Given variances in climate, road surfaces, and driving skill, I'd estimate the GT hitting the 60mph mark somewhere in the low 4s.

My big issue is who gives out these stats and how they record them. Mags like Car and Driver constantly publicize 0-60 times with a 1-foot rollout, which is really a bunch of crap IMO. I'm sure with rollout we could see a time hovering around 4 flat, give or take.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
With the improved weight distribution and IRS, the GT (automatic and manual) is going to have 60-foot times like we've never seen. The "weight increase" of 50-70 pounds is less than from one driver to the next.

I'm predicting PPs may break 4.0, at least in the Mustang mags, and 3.55 automatics will be 4.0-4.1. Cruisers like I ordered will be 4.2-4.3.

These cars are going to be awesome.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
With the right driver and the advanced launch control....
Predicted 0-60 times ( add 2/10ths for Motor Trend's anti-Ford bias times Lol)
GT - 4.1
GT PP - 3.7-3.9 ( with a 1.80 60' time / 12.3 quarter mile)
EB - 4.9
EB PP - 4.6 -4.7 (who knows what that torque curve will do- maybe a tune and catless down pipe and we see 12s or god knows what if you tune it to 400ft lbs )

Like I said with the right driver.

A well balanced track suspension can take .3 to .5 off your quarter mile times easy and half of that extra speed is in the first 60' so the power packs will help greatly. Maybe not as much as a Roush, Steeda, UPR, BMR, MM, or other variety but the FFRP Kit will ride good too. The 275 rear tires on the GT should count for .2 in the quarter as well and half of that would be in the first 60' so the GTPP could be 3/10ths faster going to 60 mph, half to 6-10ths faster in the 1320.

Drag radials and a good tune/CAI combo and the right driver will see 11s.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
With the right driver and the advanced launch control....
Predicted 0-60 times ( add 2/10ths for Motor Trend's anti-Ford bias times Lol)
GT - 4.1
GT PP - 3.7-3.9 ( with a 1.80 60' time / 12.3 quarter mile)
EB - 4.9
EB PP - 4.6 -4.7 (who knows what that torque curve will do- maybe a tune and catless down pipe and we see 12s or god knows what if you tune it to 400ft lbs )

Like I said with the right driver.

A well balanced track suspension can take .3 to .5 off your quarter mile times easy and half of that extra speed is in the first 60' so the power packs will help greatly. Maybe not as much as a Roush, Steeda, UPR, BMR, MM, or other variety but the FFRP Kit will ride good too. The 275 rear tires on the GT should count for .2 in the quarter as well and half of that would be in the first 60' so the GTPP could be 3/10ths faster going to 60 mph, half to 6-10ths faster in the 1320.

Drag radials and a good tune/CAI combo and the right driver will see 11s.
Don't be surprised if 3.55 optioned automatic GT mirrors those PP times you put up. :) Although I really think PP vehicles will probably only be a tenth of a second quicker and not 3 or 4 tenths.

Mark's M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'15 L.E. Auto WW
If the GT can manage to squeak in anything under 4, the hype will be just incredible!! Fingers crossed, it won't be long before some of the first group of production vehicles make their way to the auto mags.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Let's just be sure to keep the expectations realistic on this final round of numbers we're waiting for. ;) don't want to repeat the weight and power issues if you know what I mean.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Let's just be sure to keep the expectations realistic on this final round of numbers we're waiting for. ;) don't want to repeat the weight and power issues if you know what I mean.
THIS ^^^^^ + 1,000,000

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Don't be surprised if 3.55 optioned automatic GT mirrors those PP times you put up. :) Although I really think PP vehicles will probably only be a tenth of a second quicker and not 3 or 4 tenths.
I agree with the statement above. I don't think there will much, if any ,difference in 0-60 times between the standard and PP GT's. Same in the 1/4.

The Auto's will be more consistent to repeat over the manual's though.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Agreed.

If they all pick up .1 second in 0-60 times I would consider that acceptable. Anything more is just gravy. :)

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
If you are looking for the quickest combo (0-60), I'd say a base GT automatic (300A), stock 18 inch wheels with only the 3.55 gear option would be your best bet.

If there was a factory supercharger option for $10K to boost HP to 575-600 HP I would have ordered that option. I'd bet someone ends up building this combo and sticks it to the new Hellcat coming out. (OK maybe add some wider rear tires too over the stock 18's)

Viral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Weird, Mustang guys have spent the last decade defending the SRA, stating how it improves 60ft, 0-60 and quarter mile times. Now all of a sudden, the move to IRS, we have quotes all over like "With the improved weight distribution and IRS, the GT (automatic and manual) is going to have 60-foot times like we've never seen." And that doesn't seem to take into account the added 90lbs. (which would normally slow a car down by nearly .1 sec)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
From the magazines I think the numbers for 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be close to the old car being that they test on concrete and not prepped drag strips. However I bet they will find the car easier to launch and run consistent times. Also the PP won't make the car much faster 0-60 IMO. The summer tires will help.

GT 4.3-4.4
EB 5.3-5.5(3.55 gears)
V6 5.6-5.8(3.55 gears)

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Weird, Mustang guys have spent the last decade defending the SRA, stating how it improves 60ft, 0-60 and quarter mile times. Now all of a sudden, the move to IRS, we have quotes all over like "With the improved weight distribution and IRS, the GT (automatic and manual) is going to have 60-foot times like we've never seen." And that doesn't seem to take into account the added 90lbs. (which would normally slow a car down by nearly .1 sec)
3 reasons this car will for sure be faster in a straight line compared to the old GT.

1. Better power to weight ratio
2. improved balance
3. Last but certainly not least, larger rear tires. At least in PP form. Non-pp will still be faster as well due to the first two reasons

But I do not expect it to be faster in a straight line than a Boss. It could tie the boss but my guess is a loss of .1 or .2 in 0-60 acceleration in comparison to the Boss.
Sponsored