Sponsored

0-60 times

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
From the magazines I think the numbers for 0-60 and 1/4 mile will be close to the old car being that they test on concrete and not prepped drag strips.
Those same magazines are pulling 0-60s in the high 3s in the new M3/4. If the new Mustang is still hovering in the same 4.3-4.4 range as the previous model, that will be a bit discouraging. If so, I would expect a GT to get absolutely smoked by the bimmer from a dig, which was not the case at all between the previous generation iterations of the two cars. In other words the Mustang will have lost a lot of ground in that acceleration battle.
Sponsored

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
With similar mods...tires tune and CAI, and the right driver, I'm sure someone will match this with the new car or better. Everything else was stock.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Weird, Mustang guys have spent the last decade defending the SRA, stating how it improves 60ft, 0-60 and quarter mile times. Now all of a sudden, the move to IRS, we have quotes all over like "With the improved weight distribution and IRS, the GT (automatic and manual) is going to have 60-foot times like we've never seen." And that doesn't seem to take into account the added 90lbs. (which would normally slow a car down by nearly .1 sec)
I think the argument in favor of the stick axle has started and ended with ruggedness, which was an issue on the 99-04 Cobras but has supposedly been addressed on the S550 (we'll see, right?) But moving to 53/47 weight distribution is worth something in the 60-foot race, and that has always been the Mustang's weakest link, especially stock. It just sits there and spins. I don't think we'll see that this time. If the GT can squat and launch like a Camaro or Corvette, we may really have something here. Extra 50 pounds (AT) or not.

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Those same magazines are pulling 0-60s in the high 3s in the new M3/4. If the new Mustang is still hovering in the same 4.3-4.4 range as the previous model, that will be a bit discouraging. If so, I would expect a GT to get absolutely smoked by the bimmer from a dig, which was not the case at all between the previous generation iterations of the two cars. In other words the Mustang will have lost a lot of ground in that acceleration battle.

Agree..The M4 and the stingray are pretty much door to door...If a Mustang GT with PP can equal those cars it will be an impressive feat. I'm not seeing it happen, however. Those cars are both 0-60 in the 3.9 second range. The M3 had a 33% boost in torque. Im not sure if there is a way for the Mustang to equal that or even come close.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...t_corvette_stingray_z51_first_test/specs.html

http://releases.jalopnik.com/the-all-new-bmw-m3-sedan-and-bmw-m4-coupe-1482054198

OP
OP

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll revise my prediction for the Ecoboost to 5.4 sec! I can't see it being quicker than that as then it is creeping into bmw m135 territory which is lighter and produces more torque.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll revise my prediction for the Ecoboost to 5.4 sec! I can't see it being quicker than that as then it is creeping into bmw m135 territory which is lighter and produces more torque.
The 2014 V6 Mustang PP is 5 sec 0-60...I doubt a PP EB will be slower.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
The 2014 V6 Mustang PP is 5 sec 0-60...I doubt a PP EB will be slower.
I've never seen it get that close. The only mag I can think of getting even near a flat 5 is C&D, and like my earlier post mentioned, they tend to post unrealistic numbers with rollout on top of things.

This C&D test managed 5.2s.
Link: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-v-6-premium-instrumented-test-review

Edmunds Insideline was the best with instrumented testing. Super transparent and very comprehensive. Their best run of 5.4s was achieved with TCS off and a one-foot rollout. Without a one-foot rollout (basically a true 0-60 figure) they managed 5.7s. With TCS on and no rollout it hit 60mph in 6.1s.
Link: http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis-coupe/2013/comparison-test.html

Motor Trend made the run in 5.8s, which falls in-line with Insideline's true 0-60 figure.
Link: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...ng_premium_v6_performance_package_first_test/

The bottom line is that I don't trust C&D to post relevant statistics. And with that perspective, we can realistically expect an EB to land in the low 5s.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
Weird, Mustang guys have spent the last decade defending the SRA, stating how it improves 60ft, 0-60 and quarter mile times. Now all of a sudden, the move to IRS, we have quotes all over like "With the improved weight distribution and IRS, the GT (automatic and manual) is going to have 60-foot times like we've never seen." And that doesn't seem to take into account the added 90lbs. (which would normally slow a car down by nearly .1 sec)
Pretty much. So far, along with a few level heads, it's looking like a boat load of wishful thinking, like the hp numbers as well as the weight numbers.

The new Mustang will have 15hp more and weigh nearly 100 lb more... 15hp doesn't usually offset 100 lb to the point of better performance. The good news is, the weight gain is largely in the rear. Thankfully, it's not all in the axles themselves. Still, there's plenty more weight moving than there was. It would've been much nicer to see the weight transferred to the rear rather than just added in the rear.

From some of the comments here, the 2015 Mustang GT should be running 11.80's all stock... it's simply not going to come close. If it weighs, say 3875 on race day, and makes 380rwhp, it could run basically 12.5's @ a little over 109mph. 3700 + 175 lb driver... let's hope for 390whp. That only makes it a tiny bit better.

0-60mph... about the same as it's been for the GT, slower for the V6 and about the same with the 2.3L as the V6, but driven well, that could be better.

Rob WH

Gettin' old
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
1987 LX coupe(and others), 14 Escape
The bottom line is that I don't trust C&D to post relevant statistics. And with that perspective, we can realistically expect an EB to land in the low 5s.
Then again, 0-60 is really a rare concern for pony car drivers anyway. We tend to care about drag racing or road track results... plus skid pad, stopping and so forth. 0-30 and up is cool and all, but most of us don't brag about 60mph. Instead, it's the 1/4mile.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Then again, 0-60 is really a rare concern for pony car drivers anyway. We tend to care about drag racing or road track results... plus skid pad, stopping and so forth. 0-30 and up is cool and all, but most of us don't brag about 60mph. Instead, it's the 1/4mile.
I completely agree with that. I don't think there's much point at all in the 0-60 sprint, especially in cars with any sort of decent power.

1/4 & trap, slalom, skid, 60-0, etc., are stats I'm more interested in.

Sponsored

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Anywhere between 5-5.3 would be a fair guess. I'm hoping for 5 flat.

It's power to weight ratio and raw hp/tq are about the same as an 05-10 GT.

But the better stance, chassis, and weight distribution should help it. I'd certainly be disappointed if it doesn't match or exceed my 4.6 GT.

aspensilver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2006 MBenz SLK55 AMG - '97 BMW 540I - 2010 Audi S4
I've never seen it get that close. The only mag I can think of getting even near a flat 5 is C&D, and like my earlier post mentioned, they tend to post unrealistic numbers with rollout on top of things.

This C&D test managed 5.2s.
Link: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-v-6-premium-instrumented-test-review

Edmunds Insideline was the best with instrumented testing. Super transparent and very comprehensive. Their best run of 5.4s was achieved with TCS off and a one-foot rollout. Without a one-foot rollout (basically a true 0-60 figure) they managed 5.7s. With TCS on and no rollout it hit 60mph in 6.1s.
Link: http://www.edmunds.com/hyundai/genesis-coupe/2013/comparison-test.html

Motor Trend made the run in 5.8s, which falls in-line with Insideline's true 0-60 figure.
Link: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...ng_premium_v6_performance_package_first_test/

C&D consistently uses a rollout to get their fake times and get a billion more clicks and create endless internet arguments. Useless times.

Why should a 35K car be expected to match a 65K car? Throw a whipple on the GT and maybe its 'fair' -- but really not a good comparison. GT is between 235/435 performance but below M3/M4. The GT350 will be interesting.

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
5.2 is my guess.Better suspension then the 05-09 so it should be about the same as the GT
Sponsored