D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premum w/ Performance Pack
So, did my first oil change went with Royal Purple (Special blend ;)). I had picked up an FL5000s from the dealer last time I had my Escape out there, but since I ordered a 5 gal Pail of oil, I ordered a Ford Racing Filter as well.
Soooo, took the OE filter out, that thing was tinnnyyyy, my 4 cyl DSM had a bigger one. The FL5000s was slightly taller, 3/4" or so. The Ford Racing one, is massive by comparison, its much wider and as tall as the FL5000s. The damn thing almost took a quart to fill it prior to installation, lol. No real changes on the oil pressure at cruising or idle, but it picked up about 5-7 psi at WOT, also, its a synthetic media filter, larger, stronger, and looks awesome. Never will any other filter go in my car. Well worth it.
Sponsored

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
what is the part# ?

OP
OP
D3adch1ld

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
i think this is the one being referenced: CM-6731-FL820

i've run it on both my '13 and '15 GT and yes, it takes a quart of oil alone! :)
Correcto mundo!!!

Ford Racing M-6731-FL820 HD Racing Oil Filter

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Thanks for posting this!

Sponsored

m6pwr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pkg,Recaros
Physical size and appearance isn't a very good way to compare oil filters. I'm guessing that for real racing, the emphasis is on flow and flow rate and maybe not so much on filter efficiency. After all, do real Ford racers race with oil in the sump that may have 3000 mi. or 5000 mi, or more, on it?

Isn't the standard beta rating still a valid way of comparing the two filters, the stock one and the racing version?
[ame]

The problem may be finding the beta rating for the two.

OP
OP
D3adch1ld

D3adch1ld

Blabber Mouth
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Vehicle(s)
Physical size and appearance isn't a very good way to compare oil filters. I'm guessing that for real racing, the emphasis is on flow and flow rate and maybe not so much on filter efficiency. After all, do real Ford racers race with oil in the sump that may have 3000 mi. or 5000 mi, or more, on it?

Isn't the standard beta rating still a valid way of comparing the two filters, the stock one and the racing version?

The problem may be finding the beta rating for the two.
You are absolutely right about this, do the search on this filter vs Royal Purple, M1, and again the OE replacement. You will see the benefit. I did my due diligence. ;)

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
How does the FL820 (non ford racing) compare with the FL500S?

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
How does the FL820 (non ford racing) compare with the FL500S?
Everywhere I've read shows the 820 (non-FRRP) is substantially the same filter as the FRRP in this thread but $4-5 instead of $14-15.

Ive read the FRRP has SLIGHTLY more filter media inside it but they're otherwise the same size shape etc.

The FL500S is the "stock" factory type filter.

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I just took mine off. I used it during my break in on the new motor.

Not sure what the difference is, but I may cut open an FL820S and one of these FRPP filters to see what the difference is.

On that note, the Amsoil version of the FL820S is likely the best possible solution. Their filtration is very good.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

Danger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015, Performance Package, Ingot Silver
I have a hard time reading the dip stick levels on this car. The other side has a lot of oil on it and the other side is about half. Only problem is I noticed the dipstick can go in both ways. D3adch1ld after your oil change what was your dipstick level at? Could you guys please post pics, thanks.
Sponsored