Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
He does an Oil Filter Funnel for the GT350 and Mach 1 but do not believe he had one designed for the GT as of yet. I think he lives near Indy and needs a donor car for development last I heard.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
He does an Oil Filter Funnel for the GT350 and Mach 1 but do not believe he had one designed for the GT as of yet. I think he lives near Indy and needs a donor car for development last I heard.
Didn't another member make some and later went dark. I believe he posted the file to print them but have no idea if there is a standard or different printers need different proprietary formats. Maybe @pilotgore or anyone with a printer could start with that?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Didn't another member make some and later went dark. I believe he posted the file to print them but have no idea if there is a standard or different printers need different proprietary formats. Maybe @pilotgore or anyone with a printer could start with that?
Yeah, I’ve seen the design for that and read several comments where people mentioned it would slip off frequently during the oil change.
Initially I thought the golden ticket would be to directly to oil out the driver side wheel well, but the Mach 1 guys said the trap door would be just fine.

Honestly, once both 3D printers stop humming from current orders for a solid week, and after I’ve had a chance to do some much needed printer upgrades, I can tackle this problem. I think there’s a big market for a quality product that accomplishes this goal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I certainly wouldn’t turn down a donor car near indy. I did have a standing offer a few months back from a 350 owner, I just haven’t followed up yet due to scheduling.

Specifically I had been looking for a Mach 1, but a GT would also be helpful when the time is right. I think whatever solution my design partner and I come up with should be comparable with early gt350’s, Mach 1’s, and GT’s.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
None. 16GT w/performance package.

When the seal is broken, oil drips down the body of the filter, past the access flap, straight into the catch pan.
Ahh. Gotcha. I just purchased the PP1 access cover so will get an idea in March when I change the oil and filter. Thanks
Sponsored