Sponsored

Seriousy Ford Service cant even tighten an oil filter....

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Just in case you don't know, that tune does NOT keep your factory warranty, it provides a new, shorter, warranty from Ford Performance that covers things that will be removed from the factory warranty by installing the tune.

If there is any chance you might want to lemon law your car, I suspect the Ford Racing tune would greatly complicate that and possibly make it impossible because the lemon law may not require a tune company to buy your car back and the car maker could point fingers at the tune.
i would not modify that car at all with all the issues you had, i would trade it in to be honest and get something else

Yeah I have since decided against it. Still fighting with Ford about this Lemon Law crap
Sponsored

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Don't know why having a new OEM engine installed would drop your resell price if documentation is provided at sale with reason why previous engine failed.

I think the dealership is just trying to get Ford to eat the cost of their mistake. The engine was running fine, I assume, before you took it in for the oil change. If there was oil dripping the installer probably didn't tighten the filter enough or the old filters gasket may have stuck to the filter base and the new filter fastened on top. That will make an oil leak as pressure rises. I'm sure the dealership wouldn't tell you of a stuck gasket situation as then they can't bill Ford.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Ford after them denying me warranty with one of those "working as designed" excuses. Fortunately a junkyard had the part I needed.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a friend who once parked near water, out of gear, no handbrake.
It's actually quite amazing what water will do to a car.
Do you have any bodies of water near you?
I'd hate for that to happen to your car...

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Don't know why having a new OEM engine installed would drop your resell price if documentation is provided at sale with reason why previous engine failed.

I think the dealership is just trying to get Ford to eat the cost of their mistake. The engine was running fine, I assume, before you took it in for the oil change. If there was oil dripping the installer probably didn't tighten the filter enough or the old filters gasket may have stuck to the filter base and the new filter fastened on top. That will make an oil leak as pressure rises. I'm sure the dealership wouldn't tell you of a stuck gasket situation as then they can't bill Ford.

I can't believe I'm sticking up for Ford after them denying me warranty with one of those "working as designed" excuses. Fortunately a junkyard had the part I needed.
If you go to buy a car and find 2 that are identical in every way, except car B had the engine replaced, and car A hadn't, would you REALLY pay the same exact price for car B knowing that everything from the electrical harness to transmission has been affected because they removed and replaced the engine?

My cars has been having electrical problems every since the engine was replaced. Im assuming its because every single sensor and connector had to be removed and reinstalled and something hadn't been done right.

Do you have any bodies of water near you?
I'd hate for that to happen to your car...
Lol I live in AZ so not much for lakes or rivers, but we do have some big ass cliffs.....

1/17/17 Update: Picking Car back up from dealership, they are claiming once again they cant find anything wrong with it. Filed with the BBB, got another case from FORD and called a lemon law attorney yesterday.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not so much in the old days.

I completely submerged my 1974 Chevy 4x4 when it got swept downstream in an ill advised river crossing attempt. Learned a lot about effects of submersion and spouse survival instincts.

As the cab started to fill with water, I told my wife to wait until the pressure inside and outside equalized and then we can open the door to exit. When she didn't answer I turned to see she had already gone out the window and was half way to shore. I guess not just us guys believe in women and children first.

Anyway... my friend couldn't winch it out from the bed roll bar (yes a real one, not just cosmetic) because the truck wanted to turn over on its side. So I had to swim under the truck to hook up, hoping the truck didn't start moving again. After pulling it out, I unscrewed the engine drain and let it flow until it changed from water to oil and closed it back up. Then I pulled the spark plugs and cranked it over until water stopped squirting out and put the plugs back in. I crossed my fingers the check valves on the trans, TC and diff vents kept water out and fired her up. Drove gingerly home and changed all fluids, repacked the hubs, pulled the vinyl seats and laid them upside down in the AZ sun to dry, removed the rubber floor, etc.. Never had the slightest problem with the truck for the next year plus I owned it. I'm guessing the Arizona summer helped by not letting water in the dash, etc hanging around enough to corrode things.

If it happened with a modern vehicle, I'd probably just let the river keep it.

Sponsored

rm2092

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
I just did my first oil change my self and to my surprise I was able to remove the oil filter by hand with ease and no use of a oil filter wrench and even the drain plug did not seem that tight.

HavasuCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Competition Orange
I have one mechanic at my local Ford dealer that does my services, we also have a relationship at the local "cars and coffee" once a month, so my trust level is higher with him over the years. Guess what I'm saying is try to find a good mechanic then treat him as more than a grease monkey and hopefully you'll get better results. My past s197 was serviced by Ford for over 170K miles until I sold her, all documented with no issues.

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
I just did my first oil change my self and to my surprise I was able to remove the oil filter by hand with ease and no use of a oil filter wrench and even the drain plug did not seem that tight.
Noticed that on my first oil change as well.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
The only vehicle that I don't change the oil in is our 2016 Durango R/T. The reason being that we go 100K of free service added to the deal, including tire rotation. I change the oil in my 4runner simply because all of the skid plates you never get reinstalled correctly, as you must remove these bastards to do any sort of service. The mustang and Harley are no brainers.

Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cars has been at the dealership for 10 days now due to traction control issues -_- finally hitting that 30 day out of service mark though.
Sucks you had to go through all of this. A Lemon Law Lawyer will get that bought back or you into a new one. I wish I would have seen this earlier I would have suggested you talk to a lawyer sooner.
I been through this before with Nissan.

I also noticed drips of oil in my garage from my 2016 Explorer Sport and that ended up being a loose oil filter that I also had done for free at the dealership. It was very minor so I just changed the oil and filter and all is good now.

Herb

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Sucks you had to go through all of this. A Lemon Law Lawyer will get that bought back or you into a new one. I wish I would have seen this earlier I would have suggested you talk to a lawyer sooner.
I been through this before with Nissan.

I also noticed drips of oil in my garage from my 2016 Explorer Sport and that ended up being a loose oil filter that I also had done for free at the dealership. It was very minor so I just changed the oil and filter and all is good now.

Herb
I'll be contacting a Lawyer today, as we are officially past the 30 days out of service mark AZ requires for the Lemon Law, I really just don't want to drag this out for months and months as I will be moving out of AZ to MD in March.

The car is STILL at the dealership while I've been driving this POS base model rental Focus around, my local rep said they are supposed to put me in something comparable to the mustang and I should go back and get a rental Stang from them, so I'll go by today and try to do that.

The dealership is crazy though, still no correction on the ABS/Traction/Stability control lights and they haven't heard back from Ford Technical so they want me to come pick up the car and drop off the rental because they no longer want to pay for it, and then just bring back the Mustang when they hear back from Ford. You'd think they wouldn't release a car with no ABS or stability control for the sake of their customers safety. I refused to pick up the car and told them I'm staying in the rental until I hear back from the local Ford rep.

:frusty:

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
Wow. This is Berge? I've had poor luck with Chapman and Earnhardt but Berge was super-polite and responsive last time I was there.

Damn.

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
Wow. This is Berge? I've had poor luck with Chapman and Earnhardt but Berge was super-polite and responsive last time I was there.

Damn.
It's not so much Berge as it is Ford corporate that's being a PITA, but right now the service manager at Berge is the one who wants me to come pick up my car because they are paying for the rental, not Ford corporate, and they basically don't wanna pay for it anymore while my car just sits. Nicolette, my service advisor through all this, has been wonderful to say the least.

Catax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
One of my turn signal went out pre-maturely so I brought it to the dealer to have it replaced.

This weekend I was checking my air filter and cleaning the engine bay I noticed the 3(?) of plastic screw/clip things holding down the battery cover is no longer there. Out of curiosity I also checked out the bumper area for accessing the blinker. 1 of the clips is also missing. They were the only people to have touched those parts.

Then while changing my differential fluid I was looking around under the car when I noticed the the wires near the engine oil drain hole is smothered with oil.

Not going to be bringing my car to dealer for service anymore.
Sponsored