Oil Filter

gzstang

Who's stang? It's gzstang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/performance pack
Vehicle Showcase
Motorcraft filters for me...details like the silicone anti-drain back valve and durable heat resistance is a couple of good reasons to choose them.
Sponsored

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Been using motorcraft... I've seen the comparisons with most all filters...I dumped fram learning how cheap the filter actually is long time ago

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
Added zmax to my oil yesterday after alot of recommendations and Carroll Shelby endorsed by putting it in all cobras from the factory... says it all there :-)

Magmetallic15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt, 2005 Mustang GT
You think that is big, try taking the shield off a Ford Fusion.
Is this a pic of a Ecoboost or the V8? I noticed that on an Ecoboost without the Perf. Package that you do not have that aerodynamic lip on the shield. On the Ecoboost w out Perf Package you have that lip. Is this the same on PP V8s and non PP V8s?
That whole thing? They've got a massive shield under these cars.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Motorcraft! :ford:
Am I the only one bothered by the idea of using Ford-brand maintenance parts / fluids / whatever? Like, there's absolutely no way that a generic Ford-branded whatever is going to be as good as one made by a company that specializes in making just that part.

It sort of seems to me like buying store-brand shampoo or cold medicine or something rather than the name-brand goods. Like, you're getting fake imitation versions of the real thing.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Am I the only one bothered by the idea of using Ford-brand maintenance parts / fluids / whatever? Like, there's absolutely no way that a generic Ford-branded whatever is going to be as good as one made by a company that specializes in making just that part.

It sort of seems to me like buying store-brand shampoo or cold medicine or something rather than the name-brand goods. Like, you're getting fake imitation versions of the real thing.
Yep. I am not bothered at all.

The Motorcraft filter is one of the top 2 or 3 filters available. Their oil is a quality product as well.

Don't you think Ford would have their act together if they are selling products that they recommend to put in your car to ensure warranty compliance, performance, longevity, etc?

I will be running nothing Full synthetic Motorcraft 5W-20 and the associated Motorcraft filter with no regrets.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
You think that is big, try taking the shield off a Ford Fusion.
Is this a pic of a Ecoboost or the V8? I noticed that on an Ecoboost without the Perf. Package that you do not have that aerodynamic lip on the shield. On the Ecoboost w out Perf Package you have that lip. Is this the same on PP V8s and non PP V8s?
Splitters versions discussed starting at about 3:45 in this video

[ame]

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
Really cool.
Sponsored