Sponsored

Seriousy Ford Service cant even tighten an oil filter....

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Not going to be bringing my car to dealer for service anymore.
Good decision, IMO. I do all my own maintenance, even my high end cars that get all free maintenance. I don't mind doing it and I know even the best people working for the best dealers sometime have to work the day after they got the divorce papers or the best friend's bachelor party, etc, etc.. I can choose to put my DIY maintenance off the days I'm depressed or hung over ;) I'll even pay for parts that would be covered under warranty if they don't cost much and I have the tools/skills to replace them.

If you're like the majority who don't/can't do it themselves, find the best dealer/shop you can and use them. Don't go back to one that screwed something up if you can avoid it.
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'll be contacting a Lawyer today, as we are officially past the 30 days out of service mark AZ requires for the Lemon Law, I really just don't want to drag this out for months and months as I will be moving out of AZ to MD in March.

The car is STILL at the dealership while I've been driving this POS base model rental Focus around, my local rep said they are supposed to put me in something comparable to the mustang and I should go back and get a rental Stang from them, so I'll go by today and try to do that.

The dealership is crazy though, still no correction on the ABS/Traction/Stability control lights and they haven't heard back from Ford Technical so they want me to come pick up the car and drop off the rental because they no longer want to pay for it, and then just bring back the Mustang when they hear back from Ford. You'd think they wouldn't release a car with no ABS or stability control for the sake of their customers safety. I refused to pick up the car and told them I'm staying in the rental until I hear back from the local Ford rep.

:frusty:
When I went through this I learned the 30 day out of service was just a guideline, this was after I waited and counted down the days also. Was told I could have got it going a lot sooner.
If you get a good lawyer you will feel a lot of comfort. It is so much easier letting the lawyer talk to Ford.
As far as the dealership you just cut ties with them right away.

It was a few years ago but I used Pryor & Amar.

Herb

OP
OP
Chris796

Chris796

Ford CFO
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
It was a few years ago but I used Pryor & Amar.

Herb
Thats who I am dealing with, god to know you had a good experience with them.

Dropped the car back off at the dealership today, still has ABS/Traction control lights on, Ford is sending a ''field service engineer'' tomorrow to take a look at the car and they said he will have the final say on the buyback? If he doesnt agree the car is a big ass mess and a total pain in my ass then I will be dealing with Ford through my lawyer form here on out.

What a giant pain in the ass all this has been.

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Wrapped up a few sessions at a local track day this weekend. Of corse the car went in to limp mode but at least I got a solid 15min each session. When walking back to my car I noticed a small puddle under the engine. culprit? Lose oil filter. Luckily the mechanics at the track were quick to help out and found the car had lost 1/2 it's oil throughout the day. I feel really bad about the fact that negligence from my local Ford dealership could of lead to a accident at the track. Come on Ford, do the job right! Christ, you guys built the damn thing.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
FINALLY got word Tuesday they are officially proceeding with the buy back, should have the paperwork this week!!
Be sure to hit up the Lemon Law thread in the TSB subforum and post your complete VIN #. We are keeping track of all the LEMONS, this way if anyone tries to research one of those VINs in the future via Google, they will get a hit and hopefully NOT buy the POS again...
Sponsored