Sponsored

Ford Motorcraft Oil Filter Cutaway comparison

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So while digging on the net for some other info, came across this posted elsewhere and thought it would be a good addition here too.

The doc is of the FL820S Motorcraft metal can oil filter compared to many other well known similar metal can oil filter brands.

Although the doc references FL820S, the analytical comparison can still be beneficial when shopping Motorcraft vs “Brand-X”.

Enjoy.
Sponsored

Attachments

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Interesting read and pictures. I never deviate from factory filters. Inexpensive insurance IMHO. Also why I use the same dealer. I've always tipped the young lady that changes the oil. She's paying for her college expenses. I may have to sell the car once she graduates. :facepalm: Jr college has no grad school. 🙄

SideShowB0b

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt K4342
Vehicle Showcase
Good info. i have always changed my own oil, but bought cheap filters (fram) because i am frugal. in the last few years, i realized filters are not all the same. switched to mobil1 filters for the Bullitt, and all the other rides i’m obligated to……. 😕. (wife’s BMW, daughters cars, the F250, the HD, etc.)

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Wix is another high end filter I've never heard negative reports of. I still stick to OEM filters. And as mentioned, I let my dealer change the oil. That way, should there ever be an engine failure issue, my back side is cover by a certified paper trail.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wix is another high end filter I've never heard negative reports of. I still stick to OEM filters. And as mentioned, I let my dealer change the oil. That way, should there ever be an engine failure issue, my back side is cover by a certified paper trail.
You must have a better dealership than I do, I wouldn't trust mine to put air in my tires correctly. Unless it's a majorly expensive warranty issue they will never touch my car.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
I am blessed with several excellent servicing dealers. At my preferred one, the service mgr is a die hard dirt track racer. :clap: The dealership sponsors him. Gotta love it.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Very similar to the WIX, metal components & media FYI.

Ford has a good filter.
Sponsored