Sponsored

Street guys: even if you can’t use all you have, do you still want more?

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
In 2017 I drove a regular GT and I drove a Supercharged GT. I was hooked with that SC. Honestly I went with the Roush RS3 because it gave me more than I needed and honestly I don't drive it as much as I probably would if it was NA. Every time I drive it I have this fear of I am going to get a ticket. So it is driven sparingly.
Sponsored

RMoeslein

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1, 2020 f250 lariat Tremor
You are not alone.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I dont wish for more honestly as I feel I am traction limited even at some pretty good speeds especially if the pavement is a bit cool.

i dont think I’ve truly gone WOT in this car and held it for fear of it getting squirrelly. I’ve been snake bit a few times with pushing it on cool or cold pavement.
I noticed my Mustang really "woke up" when the temperature dropped to 40 degrees. It was like an additional 50hp.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I noticed my Mustang really "woke up" when the temperature dropped to 40 degrees. It was like an additional 50hp.
That could be some of it too. I have punched this car at about 75 mph say around 45F and found the rear broke loose on me which definitely induced some pucker but it was with the crappy OEM tires too.
I need to give it some Hell with these new tires in a similar situation to see if it still slips. I've also had the car cut power on a highway pull about 5500 RPM which I'm sure was TC kicking in on the old tires as well.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
If I lived near a track that I could find the limits of the car and then want to push harder, yes. yes, give me more. But I don't live near a track and have no interest in trailering a vehicle a few hundred miles any time I want to let loose my personal ride. I get enough seat time on other vehicles that someone else loaded up and drove it to the track and unload it and prepare it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
That could be some of it too. I have punched this car at about 75 mph say around 45F and found the rear broke loose on me which definitely induced some pucker but it was with the crappy OEM tires too.
I need to give it some Hell with these new tires in a similar situation to see if it still slips. I've also had the car cut power on a highway pull about 5500 RPM which I'm sure was TC kicking in on the old tires as well.
Maybe I just got lucky I don‘t know but if you’re talking PZeroNeros I couldn’t ask for better tires on my ‘20 GT. They aren’t going to do anything unpredictable unless. I do something stupid first. Which admittedly has happened a time or two.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Same here. Big difference.

But I’m usually rolling at around 2000-3000 feet elevation so that may be a factor too, IDK.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Maybe I just got lucky I don‘t know but if you’re talking PZeroNeros I couldn’t ask for better tires on my ‘20 GT. They aren’t going to do anything unpredictable unless. I do something stupid first. Which admittedly has happened a time or two.
Yeah it was those and I found I could never get the car to hook with them and they degraded in performance very quickly as temperatures got a bit lower. And yes I did some stupid stuff too a few times that I shouldn't have too.

qwiknotch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 Mustang GT, 1990 Mustang LX
Vehicle Showcase
It is never enough, but you have to know your and your cars limitation.
I have an 18 A10 with 1000whp, then there's my brothers 13 with an mt82 and 625whp and if I want to get stupid I have my 90 fox with a lot more hp.
In order of fun, though.. the 13 is the most fun to drive.

20220309_142653.jpg

20200303_130709.jpg

IMG_9845 copy.jpg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, I don’t think it’s ever enough. I was happy with the car in stock form, then I said all I wanted was a blower and I would be happy and I was happy, but then I wanted more again… so I did the fuel system and went with a smaller pulley and E85… and I already want to turn it up more… the temptation is real.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually satisfied with 460HP 😀 This would spank my old 70 Torino Cobra with the 429SCJ all day long. Guess I'm at that stage in life where I need to know the ponies are there if I need them. There's more than enough power to get into trouble. I've gotten it sideways a bit, found the rev limiter set-point :cwl: and temporarily misplaced my second to third shift with the MT82 once or twice. I was worried when I ordered it if it was going to be too hard to drive "normally" on the street. I have to say this...this gen stang has manners. You can drive it like you stole it or take it easy. That's what I like best about it. So...no hp mods in the future for me.....just keeping it stock like the day it was born. .....maybe change the wheels in future.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I don’t think this is an unusual mind set, but I would ask a couple of questions, where or how do you get your enjoyment with the car? If you’re a light to light kind of person or a lateral “G” force kind of guy, can help set the tone for where to want focus your $$$ spend.

Most of my track friends seem to agree that 500 horsepower is about all that’s needed for the track, especially one that’s technical in nature.

Most of us are novice or intermediate status drivers. A professional or someone with loads of experience may be able to use more, but it’ll be sometime before I can comfortably explore what the power train has to offer, and that’s with a heavy modified suspension.
I'm of the same mindset. I love the straight line stuff but I do like to drive twisty roads and this car has all the power the suspension, brakes and tires can handle. While I might do more power at some point, suspension mods (ie Steeda subframe braces, progressive springs, Magneride controller, better tires, etc) are on my list. I already have a decent start having a PP car with Magneride and must admit the car is WAY more talented than I am, rather my abilities. Some day I might feel more comfortable and want more.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Those tires must be absolute garbage.....My 500 dead hooks every single time above 70mph down to 40 or 50 degrees....

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
Sometimes I really wonder if it’s just me. Or maybe it’s just the mentality of true car guys. But I have a hard time being satisfied with what I have. An S550 GT is probably as perfect for most people as a street car gets. In fact, it’s probably more car than I and most have the ability to fully use on the street, and I don’t do track. But, I now also have two Mach 1s and I’m even eyeballing GT500s.

I‘m a logical and reasonable guy so this makes no sense even to me. Seems like if something is out there I want it whether I need and can use it or not. And no, the problem is not what you’re thinking. But it is real.

Anybody else ever deal with this?

Hmmm, maybe just a little FI on one of the Machs…
Yea, I'm fighting the temptations daily. Car is right at 700 wheel and it's honestly just perfect, idk why I'd want more. Dead hooks above 60mph pretty much every time, spins tires up to 60mph depending on surface, but it's totally controllable.

I will say this is the first Mustang I've had where I don't need or want to change the exhaust, which is nice.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I have to say this...this gen stang has manners. You can drive it like you stole it or take it easy.
That is the beauty of the coyote, unless you lock out the cams it keeps mild manners even with stupid high power numbers.
Sponsored