Sponsored

What do you guys think?

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
What do you guys think about this? I was notified that this came in... I had an all black one ordered with red line interior, and happened to test drive an orange one the other day, loved how the color popped with the black accents and was told this was in... love how the white pops with the black, especially if I do black hood vents and a black stripe... would you guys wait until FEBRUARY to get exactly what you want with redline interior, or get this today?
IMG_2896.JPG
IMG_2897.JPG
IMG_2898.JPG
IMG_2899.JPG
IMG_2900.JPG
Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I think the real question is what do you think? I am planning on driving the wheels off of mine, so being patient is not really an issue, what is an extra couple of months over a 10+ year ownership experience? if you are like many here and keep it for 1-2 years, then that is not so much the case anymore because an extra 5 months eats significantly into the total time of ownership.

No one else can answer this one, how much do you need it today? Are you going to be kicking yourself in the future? I would say patience is a good thing, if it is not worth waiting for then it is not worth having (true for everything but healthcare :)). But your opinion may change on that...

Chris

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
Black is a lot harder to keep looking clean.

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
Black is a lot harder to keep looking clean.
My car gets washed and waxed every saturday, garage kept, and underground parking at work so that's not the issue. I like both cars evenly, and the 6g community has been a great help, so I like hearing other peoples ideas and thoughts, while ultimately I know it's my decision, I do like getting input.

Sponsored

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
I think the real question is what do you think? I am planning on driving the wheels off of mine, so being patient is not really an issue, what is an extra couple of months over a 10+ year ownership experience? if you are like many here and keep it for 1-2 years, then that is not so much the case anymore because an extra 5 months eats significantly into the total time of ownership.

No one else can answer this one, how much do you need it today? Are you going to be kicking yourself in the future? I would say patience is a good thing, if it is not worth waiting for then it is not worth having (true for everything but healthcare :)). But your opinion may change on that...

Chris
And as of now I plan on keeping it for awhile... however if my jobs continues at the pace it has been, I might look into upgrading to the gt350 in 2-3 years

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
I dunno, I really like the 50Y package. I wasn't in love with the red line when I saw it the other day. I'm glad I swapped. If that's the only difference and you are OK with white...

Josh Painter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
the-12th-fan.com
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford Fusion SEL
What do you guys think about this?
It's purely personal preference, but I love a white car. White reflects more of the sun's heat, which makes for a cooler interior. That's important in the southwest and deep south. Also, it doesn't shout, "Hello, officer!" as loudly as do Arrest Me Red and Triple Ticket Yellow.

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Get what you want. I also love the white with black rims. Either way, I bet you'll be happy.

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
My car gets washed and waxed every saturday, garage kept, and underground parking at work so that's not the issue. I like both cars evenly, and the 6g community has been a great help, so I like hearing other peoples ideas and thoughts, while ultimately I know it's my decision, I do like getting input.
You're not like me then.... I can literally wash the Bmw and close the door and cover it... come back the next day and it looks like I went in the mud to play. For me I have to wash black cars every day to be satisfied

Sponsored
OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
I dunno, I really like the 50Y package. I wasn't in love with the red line when I saw it the other day. I'm glad I swapped. If that's the only difference and you are OK with white...
After seeing how the different colors popped with the black trim and black wheels, I was starting to sway towards getting a non black.

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
You're not like me then.... I can literally wash the Bmw and close the door and cover it... come back the next day and it looks like I went in the mud to play. For me I have to wash black cars every day to be satisfied
Ya I get lucky with my drive to work with not going anywhere near areas that get dirty or pollen polluted.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I have a 13 so I cant get one for a few years. I pray they will still have Comp Orange when its time for me to get a new car.

OP
OP

dwchockey13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 mustang gt
I have a 13 so I cant get one for a few years. I pray they will still have Comp Orange when its time for me to get a new car.
I looked and drove the competition orange, loved it and how it looked, but it wasn't premium.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
Wait - get exactly what you want and don't compromise IMO.

I had a 93 cobra so I can relate to the love of the Comp. Orange as it looks pretty close to the Vibrant Red of the 93. Thing with that paint is I don't see you getting out of the driveway b/f getting pulled over.

Im getting a Black 16/17 model and will be ordering it to my desired specs. It's a garage queen so black is no big deal to me.
Sponsored