Nobody likes Mach 1's

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
If the fake fog light holes in the grill bother you; the air scoops in the quarter panels of the 69 Mach 1 didn't do anything either, and I loved them.
I have never been a fan of fake scoops of any sort, including the '69 Mustang quarter panel scoops. I keep going back and forth about ripping the stupid fake scoops off of my CS (I would probably do it if I was confident I wouldn't need for any bodywork/repair).

What particularly bugs me about the M1 fake light holes is that they look "unfinished", like there was something that was supposed to be installed there that the factory never got around to. Or, that they were left there for an option that the buyer did not select. I hate to say it, but IMO, they "cheapen" the look of the grill (just like the stupid side scoops cheapen the look of my CS). Of course, we all know that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one 🤣
Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I by no means meant it that I care at all about trophies or being judged on the car. I wouldn't expect to win anything either even if I did go and get judged. It's a pretty plain car that I haven't really put to many mods on other than functional or a few minor cosmetic ones. Definitely didn't buy this thing to win trophies, bought it for the fun factor. I just enjoy letting people have the chance to see it because I now there aren't many of them out there and as mentioned before have still yet to see another one anywhere since getting mine.

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zac
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP; Prior:20 Camaro SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Which X pipe did you go with and any sound clips of your car?
Im on the fence about changing out the factory resonator.
The resonator delete X pipes for these are pretty identical across the brands, except that the ford performance X pipe is 2.75" whereas the steeda for example, is 2.5".

There will be a very noticeable change in the tone/pitch of the car with a change to an x pipe. Higher pitch, louder, more rasp. A resonator delete H will retain pretty much the same tone, but have more volume, maybe a tiny bit of rasp. X will be louder than H.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
What particularly bugs me about the M1 fake light holes is that they look "unfinished", like there was something that was supposed to be installed there that the factory never got around to. Or, that they were left there for an option that the buyer did not select. I hate to say it, but IMO, they "cheapen" the look of the grill (just like the stupid side scoops cheapen the look of my CS). Of course, we all know that opinions are like a$$holes, everybody's got one 🤣
I had the very same feeling something is lost there... and then hey, here there are a plethora of front grille options with "illuminated" openings... Indeed there was here on the forum a picture, a guy has photoshopped yellow fog lights in there, and that was the perfect set-up. I just loved that look, and nothing currently from the available installation options matches it. I don't know if Ford meant these to be used or not, but they've left weird openings at the back, hard to mount or operate there, no cables or harness to just "plug n play". And then I realized the lack of options gives so many opportunities... to the extent many guys install this kind of 'fake lights' grille on any S550 trim. By the way, the driver side opening "blows" straight into the air filter if opened...

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
You're not a real car guy unless you're arguing about cars. Been doing it since grade school.
If I want to see new cars, I go to my dealer and get my oil changed. What do you think I'm doing while I wait.
If I see something interesting in a parking lot, I stop and look at it (cars that is), and if I see the owner I'll try to talk to them.
When the Street Rod Nationals come to town, me and a friend of mine load our wives in our Mustangs and cruise hotel/motel parking lots and look at street rods. A lot of times you can even talk to the owners.
And if I get in an argument with somebody about cars; well, I might be mistaken, but they are wrong. It's not like the world is going to stop until the argument is settled.

Just to keep an argument (discussion) going; the vents behind the front wheels of the GT350 are functional.

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Just to keep an argument (discussion) going; the vents behind the front wheels of the GT350 are functional.
True they are... and you have plastic stick-on-your-sides non-functional ones on multiple sites. The 69 Mach 1 quarter panel are not functional, but the GT500 of the same year actually are on some models (not all)...
The window quarter panels today relate to the 60's fastback air openings which were functional... Even the 50th anniversary model had the glass shaped as those famous shark gills....

Fact is people, including me, like when they get appreciated for their effort. However matching tastes is not always easy, so a lot of people get disappointed for not being appreciated...Same applies to anything, not cars only. Start a discussion about rock bands and here you go :D

OP
OP
Mikepol2

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
As are the lower grills below the headlights on the Mach, I seem to remember (but could be mistaken) an earlier post suggesting they were for looks only.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
As are the lower grills below the headlights on the Mach, I seem to remember (but could be mistaken) an earlier post suggesting they were for looks only.
Not true :D - There are the diff and transmission coolers. By the way you have to watch the curb with those... we had a thread here in the M1 forum for a guy who had the Hazmat Team in a hotel as he broke the oil line on the diff cooler touching the curb...

Coolers
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CKVLVh3Eur8Q2qr96
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FkRzs7KrndZWHeNW9

Brakes cooling openings on the bumper
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k6PUH2AZmW1W8yaXA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDzwW1TEESTKQmeF7

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I would never use the term "parts bin" car for a M1. There are too many features that are unique to the M1 for that term. I feel "option pack" car is more appropriate. It is a good car, it is just one that can be ordered up stock. There is nothing wrong with that, but there is nothing especially unique about it either.

Same goes for my California Special GT. I didn’t seek out the CS package, it was how the car that came closest to my desired specs came equipped (low mileage, convertible, manual, GT Premium were my must haves). It’s a nice homage to the original California Specials, but nothing that I consider to be unique or worthy of extra attention.
When I see the cynically stupid characterization of a car as a parts bin car I just laugh. EVERY car, from EVERY car company, perhaps with the exception of a true bespoke car such as the Vector, or Hennessey Venom, or other one offs, ALL are parts bin cars to some degree. This is true within brands, but also across brands. Lotus now uses Toyota engine blocks for cripes sake........

You have to be an idiot to claim a MACH 1 is any more a parts car than a GT 350 or 500.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Not true :D - There are the diff and transmission coolers. By the way you have to watch the curb with those... we had a thread here in the M1 forum for a guy who had the Hazmat Team in a hotel as he broke the oil line on the diff cooler touching the curb...

Coolers
https://photos.app.goo.gl/CKVLVh3Eur8Q2qr96
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FkRzs7KrndZWHeNW9

Brakes cooling openings on the bumper
https://photos.app.goo.gl/k6PUH2AZmW1W8yaXA
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mDzwW1TEESTKQmeF7
We never got the whole story on what was happening to cause the distraction:crackup::sunglasses:, or pics of the lady who caused it.

Sponsored

DadzMach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m a GT500 owner who goes out of my way to talk to folks about their mustangs regardless of which trim it is. I was looking heavily into buying a Mach before I did a deep budget analysis and decided to go with the GT500.

Gear heads don’t much care or notice your individual mods. Hell, half the time at shows I have to point out very obvious mods to people who have no idea it’s far from stock.

Last edited:

Lucky_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
carlos
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium Mischievous Purple (10spd)
This is a cool one. I love the shots where it's deep purple, but not many people get shots where you can see the blue in it. As to HP numbers, 420-430 seems about where the average is. You'll find some people who have 440s, but those are really more just "good dyno" days. Don't forget to look into removing your HC trap for the HP and torque dip the 22s and 23s have compared to the 21s. If you care to do so.
Thank you so much :) !! I got another for one you, you may like ! - I love this color so much , people must look at me crazy. I’m taking pictures everywhere I park haha. Sorry people! & yes! I removed the HC trap, weird installment they added for ALL models, but I understand the reasoning. It’s super easy to remove anyway.
& thank you for the number verification. Seems like it’s about 490-500 crank nevertheless. I will eventually soon get mine baseline dyno and then long tube + E85 tune , to check the gains.

46A90BDA-776D-4BD4-94C6-4E333B430FF6.jpeg

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well if you're not happy with a Mustang GT having parts from the bins of the PP, Bullet, and GT350 to make it a better Mustang, then I guess Ford can make you a whole new Ford GT. Oh wait, they did. It won at Le Mans. It stickers for what, $500,000, 750,000, or was it 900,000? I don't remember. Anyway, it's not a parts bin car. No wait, the engine is a 3.5 liter V6 out of the F150 with dual turbo chargers, and the.......

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
We are the classic example of the forgotten middle child.

After 18 months of ownership, a trend has emerged, at least in Western PA.

GT350 and 500 guys tend to look down on us because, well, we're not them.

GT and EB guys snub us because they think we are rich kids who can afford a nice car.

Every car show I go to, the only people who come to check out the car and lower themselves to actually talk about it are guys who at one time thought about buying one.

Was at a show today and everyone ogled the orange 1969 Chevy Nova next to me but 5-6 people asked about the M1 and almost all said they had thought about buying one. The winner for the "Modern Muscle" class was a 2014 Challenger with an engine cover that had a picture of a Coyote waving a white flag. A guy came over and asked me about the Challenger and I said just point us to the nearest twisty road.

BTW 18 mos and still have only seen 1 other in person, Cyber Orange 2022 last fall. If nothing else we are rare.

EDIT: Expectations recalibrated on page 6. Thanks to all for a better perspective.
what's not to like :) 1969 Mach 1 is on my bucket list but I would not turn down a 21 or 22 or 23....

I'd be more than happy with your Mach 1....enjoy the video
Sponsored