Sponsored

Very stiff clutch pedal

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Hii. I just got a used 2021 gt manual. The clutch pedal is much harder to push down vs my EcoBoost. So I installed a steeda clutch spring, but it is still way too hard for me. I have driven many manuals and this clutch is by far the stiffest one I have ever had. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to engage it? Thanks.
Sponsored

Magnetic Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Does it feel any different after you put in the Steeda spring? Kinda sounds like it already had one. The stock spring is very easy to push in.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Neither spring should be as hard to push in as youā€™re saying, are you sure there isnā€™t anything wrong with the car?

Sponsored

OP
OP

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Stock clutch. The steeda spring definitely helped. The actuation point is too far down and when I start to release it ,I have to put alot of pressure on it to prevent it from jolting upwards. Sorry... this is hard for me to explain ,but it is starting to bother my leg. 5500 miles. Ford tech says it's normal. I don't think it is.

OP
OP

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Would the Hays hydrolic clutch height adjustment kit help? Thanks

Therealmattlex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Stock clutch. The steeda spring definitely helped. The actuation point is too far down and when I start to release it ,I have to put alot of pressure on it to prevent it from jolting upwards. Sorry... this is hard for me to explain ,but it is starting to bother my leg. 5500 miles. Ford tech says it's normal. I don't think it is.
When I changed my clutch out the first time the new clutch did this. It had a "slightly" beefed up pressure plate. I hated it and used it for one summer. It made the car not fun to drive. I replaced it the next year with a factory style clutch and I'm happy with it. I'm curios if yours has been changed. The other thought may be a steel line the rubber line could expand and cause the engagement to be lower.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
When the slave cylinder in mine started to go at 20k it was hard to push and the actuation point was almost to the floor. Does the pedal come all the way back up, or is it closer to the floor than normal? If it is, can you put your toes under the pedal and pull it all the way back up?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hii. I just got a used 2021 gt manual. The clutch pedal is much harder to push down vs my EcoBoost. So I installed a steeda clutch spring, but it is still way too hard for me. I have driven many manuals and this clutch is by far the stiffest one I have ever had. Is there anything I can do to make it easier to engage it? Thanks.
How do you know it is the stock clutch in it - did you know the previous owner or did you have the trans apart already to verify?

OP
OP

tommyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 EcoBoost HPP manual
Ford says it's stock and normal. I put a 1.5 inch block of wood on the clutch pad and it helped. So I ordered a clutch extender from American muscle. I think the issue with the clutch is more about me getting used to it than anything else.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Ford says it's stock and normal. I put a 1.5 inch block of wood on the clutch pad and it helped. So I ordered a clutch extender from American muscle. I think the issue with the clutch is more about me getting used to it than anything else.
It sounds like you are sitting too far from the pedals if that is the case.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
I sat in the OPs car recently. We compared clutch feel with my 350R. His GT is way stiffer. I haven't worked on one of these manual transmission/clutches yet in an S550. Last stick shift I took apart was a 1979 Z28 Camaro in 1992 šŸ˜•. Is there a quick way to identify if it's an OEM clutch without ripping it apart too much?
Sponsored