Sponsored

AJ Hartman Aero - 18+ Canards

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, their road race version. FWIW, the splitter has more ground clearance than my frame rails, long tube headers, FP350S pan, etc - about 3.75”.
I was looking at the pictures and trying to determine how low it went. I guess I should say that it is as low as everything else but because it is so far forward and as low as it is, you will have issues with any sort of incline since it is so far forward from the front wheel. Though I would love to hear how it does on the track. The tunnels he builds have me extremely curious and now that I see the canards, I'm wondering if I will do just the canards for now and go from there.
Sponsored

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
Yep, their road race version. FWIW, the splitter has more ground clearance than my frame rails, long tube headers, FP350S pan, etc - about 3.75”.
Are you interested in making another set of those brackets for the splitter? I like your solution and I will be ordering the splitter shortly @boardkat

Last edited:

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
My friend designed and built it for me - he never sits still, and is already knee deep in other projects. I’ll ask him but don’t hold your breath :(
I'd be willing to pay a very fair price for them :)

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 18 10speed auto PP1 , GT500 '21
For the canards
Canards are a plus not the DF solution.
Actually canards really doesn't do a lot for downforce.

Main 3 things generating DF for the front are
1. Splitter less than 4in to the ground
2. Splitter Tunnels( or someone call them front diffuser)
3.hood vents.

Attached a nice video made by the guy who developed thw aj hartman aero stuff

Sponsored

arionii_s550

IG: @arionii_s550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Asir
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Gt Premium Gaurd Metallic
So I know this discussion started as an 18+ AJ Hartman Aero thread, but with such limited info about his parts elsewhere on the forum, figure this would be as good a place as any to post up pics of how my air dam/splitter/canards install went. I can't take credit for how it all came together; a good friend conjured up the idea, then designed, waterjetted and welded the final product together. Very happy with the end result and will be putting the car through its paces in (2) weekends @ Thunderhill. Will be sure to post up pics, vids and data on my FB racing page afterwards.

End result. Tough to tell from this angle, but the splitter and canards line up perfectly with the tire and should do a great job directing proper airflow:
71zavvggt3y1hjeiixl0hw_thumb_1848-jpg.jpg

Quick release mechanism, to aid in fast R&R:
xucl2vwsqdka53kodhyx-a_thumb_183e-jpg.jpg

Waterjetted pucks turned on a lathe to distribute load and provide protection for the carbon fiber:
3oji0nyislch5m-7uoyq3a_thumb_184f-jpg.jpg

Height-adjustable front chassis mount:
xou7cfwfrpcsbf4a0etkxg_thumb_184b-jpg.jpg

Rear chassis mount:
2e-anxritu68kx2uoiyzxq_thumb_184c-jpg.jpg

Quick release pin:
ros8rsp3ssmh-ilykpb5fq_thumb_1847-jpg.jpg
I know your friend made the Mounts on the bumper but did he make the brackets on the splitter to or did you buy that? Sorry to bug you I’m just knew to this

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Latest Splitter
Name ROMA.
MAX front downforce (estimate 500lbs +) @100mph

Just added canards.
Splitter is also paired with multiple hood and fender louvers

Rear wing is FULCRUM 14 by AJ hartman

PXL_20220504_224104655.jpg

20220307_163957.jpg

20220316_085822.jpg

20220316_085928.jpg

92622950-_WBP0013_1.JPG
It's always a good day when I see @Flyhalf posts. Are you still using flexible garden edging for your air dam? You have a ton of reinforcement behind it.

Second question is the straight tunnel placement. Are those pointed towards the PP brake air deflectors?

Third question is how wide are your front tires? I am curious how wide you can go and still have those curved outer tunnels be functional.

Sponsored

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
@Performance nut
Thank you sir.
1. I 'evolved to a performance product lol
10 ft Roll of Airdam/Body... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B8TYCW4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

2. Not really. I have no deflector and i also removed the hoses. I measured temps and they are actually under control just with the 2 piece rotors. However i do time trials so for endurance racing i would consider a different path. In a recent discussion in a. Aero forum they asked exactly this question. The answer was u can point up to 10deg towards the deflector.

3. My tires are 315mm on a 18x11 wheel.
The reason why i used the curved 'smaller' tunnel instead the big one is to go 50% out the tire.
More over consider that i have tire deflector tire spats and side plates to 'deviate air stream around the tire i creasing the air extraction from beneath the splitter (=more DF)..all in combination with the side fender vents to.reduce even more the air pressure in the fender well

Last edited:

Flyhalf

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alessandro
Vehicle(s)
It's always a good day when I see @Flyhalf posts. Are you still using flexible garden edging for your air dam? You have a ton of reinforcement behind it.

Second question is the straight tunnel placement. Are those pointed towards the PP brake air deflectors?

Third question is how wide are your front tires? I am curious how wide you can go and still have those curved outer tunnels be functional.
I'm actually doing a lower DF Splitter right now in wood with smaller tunnells pointing to the deflector :)
I might use it in high speed track.
Right now the ROMA splitter.is.producing a shit tona of DF meaning high angle rear wing. Not ideal in high speed track such willow springs.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm actually doing a lower DF Splitter right now in wood with smaller tunnells pointing to the deflector :)
Right now the ROMA splitter.is.producing a shit tona of DF meaning high angle rear wing. Not ideal in high speed track such willow springs.
You could probably just fab some detachable panels to close off one or both front diffuser sets?

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I considered two curved tunnels, one pointed toward the rotors and one towards the wheel face. AJ warned me about this setup causing too much DF though. He recommended I go with a flat blade, small amount of front aero, and an Apex 8. Then if I want more, add tunnels and convert to an Apex 12.

I'm waiting for AJ to finish his GT350 build. He has a Fulcrum and Race Louvers. I'm curious how he will build his splitter.

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
You could probably just fab some detachable panels to close off one or both front diffuser sets?
It almost seems like a waste but if you run on different tracks, make perfect sense
Sponsored